Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Scared 4 tumblr
1 2 3 4 5
Looks like tumblr is planning on installing an algorithm? How am I gonna Fandom now, who wants to cry with me
Looks like tumblr is planning on installing an algorithm? How am I gonna Fandom now, who wants to cry with me
Tumblr died to me when it banned all the adult content that also targeted queer people over not, because of course it did.
Tumblr died to me when it banned all the adult content that also targeted queer people over not, because of course it did.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
where did they say this? They already have some "based on your likes" features that I think you can turn off, or the separate feeds for algorithm stuff, hopefully they keep the chronological main dashboard though!
where did they say this? They already have some "based on your likes" features that I think you can turn off, or the separate feeds for algorithm stuff, hopefully they keep the chronological main dashboard though!
art of a yellow winged cat standing on a book, linking to the thread the badge was froma fake item ribbon with trans and rainbow flag colors linking to a thread with more ribbons/art of a traveling Light flight Spiral dragon linking to the artist
[quote name="DinosaurFeathers" date="2023-07-10 13:33:11" ] Tumblr died to me when it banned all the adult content that also targeted queer people over not, because of course it did. [/quote] I've stayed only because a lot of artists I follow didn't leave and I didn't want to stop seeing their stuff >_< I think they got sued and settled over the targeting bias.
DinosaurFeathers wrote on 2023-07-10 13:33:11:
I've stayed only because a lot of artists I follow didn't leave and I didn't want to stop seeing their stuff >_<
I think they got sued and settled over the targeting bias.
Hello, I hope it's ok if I join this conversation!
Unfortunately I don't think this trend of algorithms and monetization are going to slow down. Most large sites worry more about profit than user-autonomy, and that's the main problem, as far as I've been able to see. To keep their apps and sites connected to payment services they have to meet expectations, and that's usually where the ridiculous enforcement of rules and content restrictions start to pop up. I'm holding out for the return of forums and galleries ?
Hello, I hope it's ok if I join this conversation!
Unfortunately I don't think this trend of algorithms and monetization are going to slow down. Most large sites worry more about profit than user-autonomy, and that's the main problem, as far as I've been able to see. To keep their apps and sites connected to payment services they have to meet expectations, and that's usually where the ridiculous enforcement of rules and content restrictions start to pop up. I'm holding out for the return of forums and galleries ?
pastel%20(14).png black2.gifblnk%20(33).gif
[quote name="mix" date="2023-07-10 15:58:16" ] where did they say this? They already have some "based on your likes" features that I think you can turn off, or the separate feeds for algorithm stuff, hopefully they keep the chronological main dashboard though! [/quote] Big ol' post from tumblr staff today saying stuff about the future of the site goals like "provide high-quality content with every app launch" and "historically, we have expected users to curate their feeds and lean into curating their experience," stuff that sounded pretty alarming re: users curating their own feed FORTUNATELY after an ENORMOUS response of outrage, tumblr staff just now wrote an addendum that they don't intend to replace user-curated dashboards with algorithm-determined ones i'm glad to hear it i'm just drained
mix wrote on 2023-07-10 15:58:16:

Big ol' post from tumblr staff today saying stuff about the future of the site goals like "provide high-quality content with every app launch" and "historically, we have expected users to curate their feeds and lean into curating their experience," stuff that sounded pretty alarming re: users curating their own feed

FORTUNATELY after an ENORMOUS response of outrage, tumblr staff just now wrote an addendum that they don't intend to replace user-curated dashboards with algorithm-determined ones

i'm glad to hear it i'm just drained
[quote name="cloudyaether" date="2023-07-10 16:41:56" ] I'm holding out for the return of forums and galleries ? [/quote] neocities revolution (:
cloudyaether wrote on 2023-07-10 16:41:56:
I'm holding out for the return of forums and galleries ?

neocities revolution (:
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
Tumblr won't let me browse as a guest, so it's already dead to me. :P
Tumblr won't let me browse as a guest, so it's already dead to me. :P
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
[quote name="cloudyaether" date="2023-07-10 16:41:56" ]I'm holding out for the return of forums and galleries ? [/quote] Oh man, [i]please![/i] I vastly prefer forums to social media type sites. As much as I used to like tumblr back in the day, it was still really awful for mental health, and forums are such a better way to produce and consume content and connect with people.
cloudyaether wrote on 2023-07-10 16:41:56:
I'm holding out for the return of forums and galleries ?
Oh man, please! I vastly prefer forums to social media type sites. As much as I used to like tumblr back in the day, it was still really awful for mental health, and forums are such a better way to produce and consume content and connect with people.
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
My fav thing about the original statement is that Tumblr was like trying to guilt the userbase??? Like, sorry I only want to see the content I specifically followed. I am not as on Tumblr as I was before the ban, but I still enjoy popping in daily and seeing the people I follow and my tailored feed in a reverse-chrono order.
Quote:
"Being a new creator on Tumblr can be intimidating, with a high likelihood of leaving or disappointment upon sharing creations without receiving engagement or feedback. We need to ensure that we have the expected creator tools and foster the rewarding feedback loops that keep creators around and enable them to thrive.

The lack of feedback stems from the outdated decision to only show content from followed blogs on the main dashboard feed (“Following”), perpetuating a cycle where popular blogs continue to gain more visibility at the expense of helping new creators. To address this, we need to prioritize supporting and nurturing the growth of new creators on the platform."
My fav thing about the original statement is that Tumblr was like trying to guilt the userbase??? Like, sorry I only want to see the content I specifically followed. I am not as on Tumblr as I was before the ban, but I still enjoy popping in daily and seeing the people I follow and my tailored feed in a reverse-chrono order.
Quote:
"Being a new creator on Tumblr can be intimidating, with a high likelihood of leaving or disappointment upon sharing creations without receiving engagement or feedback. We need to ensure that we have the expected creator tools and foster the rewarding feedback loops that keep creators around and enable them to thrive.

The lack of feedback stems from the outdated decision to only show content from followed blogs on the main dashboard feed (“Following”), perpetuating a cycle where popular blogs continue to gain more visibility at the expense of helping new creators. To address this, we need to prioritize supporting and nurturing the growth of new creators on the platform."
tumblr_pgs06aYS6r1tdg9e1o2_r1_250.pngarcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.pngtumblr_pgs06aYS6r1tdg9e1o5_r1_100.png
1 2 3 4 5