Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sounds you like
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
nothing serious, just a small little question i'd be curious to hear the answers to because it probably varies very strongly depending on where you live. i live rural though its only 15 minutes from either town closest to me, closer to 30 minutes if you want to get into the heart of the city.

rain - actually maybe a little less so after the persistent rain we've been getting the last 2 months, normally we get afternoon thunderstorms and its a gentle rain most of the time (the other times its hail) but we've been getting absolutely drenched.
thunder - when its in the distance, had the loudest clap i've ever heard just the other day and it shook the house.
cars on the road - really specific and infrequent enough to be calming rather, i have my window open right now and i can hear cars from the highway.
birds - well sometimes i really love to hear birdsong, there's one that trills and i don't know what species it is but that bothers me. haven't heard the owls this year though i really miss them.

all of these sounds though are the worst when im trying to sleep though.
nothing serious, just a small little question i'd be curious to hear the answers to because it probably varies very strongly depending on where you live. i live rural though its only 15 minutes from either town closest to me, closer to 30 minutes if you want to get into the heart of the city.

rain - actually maybe a little less so after the persistent rain we've been getting the last 2 months, normally we get afternoon thunderstorms and its a gentle rain most of the time (the other times its hail) but we've been getting absolutely drenched.
thunder - when its in the distance, had the loudest clap i've ever heard just the other day and it shook the house.
cars on the road - really specific and infrequent enough to be calming rather, i have my window open right now and i can hear cars from the highway.
birds - well sometimes i really love to hear birdsong, there's one that trills and i don't know what species it is but that bothers me. haven't heard the owls this year though i really miss them.

all of these sounds though are the worst when im trying to sleep though.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
I also love the sounds of birds. The sounds of frogs and crickets, thunder, a running stream in the woods. I also like some man made sounds like storm sirens and the light hum of traffic at a long distance. Train horns in the middle of the night. The sound of trains slowly screeching down the track at a distance (not close though lol.) I grew up in an urban area so some of those sounds are now nostalgic for me. I live in a more rural area now though.
I also love the sounds of birds. The sounds of frogs and crickets, thunder, a running stream in the woods. I also like some man made sounds like storm sirens and the light hum of traffic at a long distance. Train horns in the middle of the night. The sound of trains slowly screeching down the track at a distance (not close though lol.) I grew up in an urban area so some of those sounds are now nostalgic for me. I live in a more rural area now though.
tumblr_ozl54fdz7Q1wvvm88o2_100.png t0QOcry.png
I really like the sound of rain and thunder. In the place i live though it hasn't rained in a while.
I really like the sound of rain and thunder. In the place i live though it hasn't rained in a while.
dragons I'm currently selling
leaves rustling in the wind.... 600/10 noise
also when you step on a crunchy leaf
when dogs do that howling thing like "arurururu"
this is cheating but music
the sound wood makes when you chop it w an axe
glass shattering, albeit most of time it's a bad thing
leaves rustling in the wind.... 600/10 noise
also when you step on a crunchy leaf
when dogs do that howling thing like "arurururu"
this is cheating but music
the sound wood makes when you chop it w an axe
glass shattering, albeit most of time it's a bad thing
Untitled424_20230617211922.png yo im arsonistfurry
im just a dude tbh
he/they
trans rights
ping meeeeeeee
art shop
Untitled419_20230616190853.png
Not really an ambient sound, but i love the sound of dice clacking and rolling, which i'm sure most ttrpg players would agree.

As far as ambient sounds go, i remember when i was small i used to be scared of the sound a big cluster of trees make when a strong gust of wind passes (and all of the leaves start rustling very loudly), because i was scared of tornadoes even tho they don't exist where i live, but now i think those sounds are epic and nostalgic. Sad that there aren't a lot of trees in the city.
Not really an ambient sound, but i love the sound of dice clacking and rolling, which i'm sure most ttrpg players would agree.

As far as ambient sounds go, i remember when i was small i used to be scared of the sound a big cluster of trees make when a strong gust of wind passes (and all of the leaves start rustling very loudly), because i was scared of tornadoes even tho they don't exist where i live, but now i think those sounds are epic and nostalgic. Sad that there aren't a lot of trees in the city.
yXOBcio.gif
Rain, waves, splashes, basically all sounds water makes, they're calming. Guess it checks out with my choice of Flight? hehe :)

Any types of animal noises, especially cats and birds! Love them.

Also, the noise pens/pencils make on paper when you write/draw/etc.
Rain, waves, splashes, basically all sounds water makes, they're calming. Guess it checks out with my choice of Flight? hehe :)

Any types of animal noises, especially cats and birds! Love them.

Also, the noise pens/pencils make on paper when you write/draw/etc.
All I want is snuggles, All I get is struggles
dead AAA battery // All pronouns OK
@Smoldering i've only lived in a city for a little bit of my life, it was in an apartment that wasn't even close to anything so im not sure if that really counts. its interesting you have nostalgia with those sounds because as someone who isn't used to them at all or hasn't even heard a storm siren irl i would probably cry if i had to hear them frequently lol.

@ArsonistFurry honestly i would've added leaves because i really love the sound of aspens specifically but where we live the wind is terrible more often than not so the trees creak rather than sway. im afraid to ask about the glass shattering thing lmao.

@ProwlSkink so many tactile sounds are really good, i've played enough board games to enjoy the sound of dice on a nice wooden table too. im glad you also got over your fear, so many weird associations get made as kids. hopefully there's a park nearby you can visit if you ever miss the trees too much.

@Arys i like the sound of bubbling water, there's a pond i visit behind the library i volunteer at but there's no ambient noise from it because its so small. the birds more than make up for the ambient noise though.
@Smoldering i've only lived in a city for a little bit of my life, it was in an apartment that wasn't even close to anything so im not sure if that really counts. its interesting you have nostalgia with those sounds because as someone who isn't used to them at all or hasn't even heard a storm siren irl i would probably cry if i had to hear them frequently lol.

@ArsonistFurry honestly i would've added leaves because i really love the sound of aspens specifically but where we live the wind is terrible more often than not so the trees creak rather than sway. im afraid to ask about the glass shattering thing lmao.

@ProwlSkink so many tactile sounds are really good, i've played enough board games to enjoy the sound of dice on a nice wooden table too. im glad you also got over your fear, so many weird associations get made as kids. hopefully there's a park nearby you can visit if you ever miss the trees too much.

@Arys i like the sound of bubbling water, there's a pond i visit behind the library i volunteer at but there's no ambient noise from it because its so small. the birds more than make up for the ambient noise though.
Where I grew up we had lots of rooks, so their crows are calming to me. Sadly most of our neighbours didn't feel the same way and would have trees cut down to stop the noise.

Nature sounds in general, like rain, rustling leaves, bird song and thunder in the distance. The quietness of snowfall. A radio playing in the background, too muffled to hear. Cat purrs, chicken sounds and little chicks peeping.
Where I grew up we had lots of rooks, so their crows are calming to me. Sadly most of our neighbours didn't feel the same way and would have trees cut down to stop the noise.

Nature sounds in general, like rain, rustling leaves, bird song and thunder in the distance. The quietness of snowfall. A radio playing in the background, too muffled to hear. Cat purrs, chicken sounds and little chicks peeping.
The sound of fireworks going of on the 4th of July. I don't hear them much anymore, but they used to be super stimulating (in a good way) and exciting for me back when I lived in the suburbs with my family. Now they're just nostalgic.

The hum of frogs ribbiting at evening during a camping trip.

You know that sound of wind whooshing past you when it blows super fast? I love it. I keep my window open when I drive so I can feel it caress my face and tickle my ears. It's almost like a friend saying hello.
The sound of fireworks going of on the 4th of July. I don't hear them much anymore, but they used to be super stimulating (in a good way) and exciting for me back when I lived in the suburbs with my family. Now they're just nostalgic.

The hum of frogs ribbiting at evening during a camping trip.

You know that sound of wind whooshing past you when it blows super fast? I love it. I keep my window open when I drive so I can feel it caress my face and tickle my ears. It's almost like a friend saying hello.
FR+2
@CinnamonThief i've seen crows around the city and towns but im not sure how many we have out here because the stellar's jays will mimic them. they're eerie to me no matter what but its cool they're calming to you!

@samsause those are certainly unique sounds, at least to me. i know americans have a much different view of fireworks than other countries or cultures but there is something satisfying with the crackling noise as they start to fall to the ground.
@CinnamonThief i've seen crows around the city and towns but im not sure how many we have out here because the stellar's jays will mimic them. they're eerie to me no matter what but its cool they're calming to you!

@samsause those are certainly unique sounds, at least to me. i know americans have a much different view of fireworks than other countries or cultures but there is something satisfying with the crackling noise as they start to fall to the ground.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8