Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What’s your favorite hidden gem game?
1 2 3
not sure if it counts as a game, but i really love the choice of games website. it's basically a text-based choose your own adventure sort of thing but you can kinda customize your own character to an extent and the games and stories are usually pretty interested and have a lot of replay value.
not sure if it counts as a game, but i really love the choice of games website. it's basically a text-based choose your own adventure sort of thing but you can kinda customize your own character to an extent and the games and stories are usually pretty interested and have a lot of replay value.
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. I love the aesthetic of the game, and the low-poly 3D models on the DS are super fun.

I've also been playing Hi-Fi Rush recently, and it reminds me of another, similar game called No Straight Roads. NSR is super charming, and has a unique artstyle imo.
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. I love the aesthetic of the game, and the low-poly 3D models on the DS are super fun.

I've also been playing Hi-Fi Rush recently, and it reminds me of another, similar game called No Straight Roads. NSR is super charming, and has a unique artstyle imo.
I roleplay too much-
Parsnip, The Testimony of Trixie Glimmer Smith, and Three Lesbians in a Barrow (all by Digital Poppy) are very charming horror visual novels that are kind of similar to Night in the Woods. I highly recommend, especially if you’re a fan of LGBT representation in media!
Parsnip, The Testimony of Trixie Glimmer Smith, and Three Lesbians in a Barrow (all by Digital Poppy) are very charming horror visual novels that are kind of similar to Night in the Woods. I highly recommend, especially if you’re a fan of LGBT representation in media!
Valley is probably my favorite of obscure games. Closely followed by AER: Memories of Old. Valley is just fun to play, and AER's ending made me stop and think about some existential things.

Neither are intense games. Very laid-back.
Valley is probably my favorite of obscure games. Closely followed by AER: Memories of Old. Valley is just fun to play, and AER's ending made me stop and think about some existential things.

Neither are intense games. Very laid-back.
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
Right now I'm obsessed with Iron Valley.

It's a free ttrpg that's basically Ironsworn crossed with Stardew Valley. So far it's been solo only, but tomorrow there's going to be a big update with co-op, ranching, crafting, more options to make friends with your townies, and I think marriage might be in this update too. I know for sure at least heart events were shown on the stream.

It's so good you guys. The author's really doing a good job of making the game feel like a nice farming sim. They say they took inspiration from Harvest Moon, Stardew, and Animal Crossing...and it definitely scratches that kind of itch, but in ttrpg form.

It's a free ttrpg that's basically Ironsworn crossed with Stardew Valley. So far it's been solo only, but tomorrow there's going to be a big update with co-op, ranching, crafting, more options to make friends with your townies, and I think marriage might be in this update too. I know for sure at least heart events were shown on the stream.

It's so good you guys. The author's really doing a good job of making the game feel like a nice farming sim. They say they took inspiration from Harvest Moon, Stardew, and Animal Crossing...and it definitely scratches that kind of itch, but in ttrpg form.
she/her | 37 | cst
[quote name="@LoveCoralei" date="2023-03-30 23:48:30" ] Right now I'm obsessed with Iron Valley. It's a free ttrpg that's basically Ironsworn crossed with Stardew Valley. So far it's been solo only, but tomorrow there's going to be a big update with co-op, ranching, crafting, more options to make friends with your townies, and I think marriage might be in this update too. I know for at least heart events were shown on the stream. It's so good you guys. The author's really doing a good job of making the game feel like a nice farming sim. They say they took inspiration from Harvest Moon, Stardew, and Animal Crossing...and it definitely scratches that kind of itch, but in ttrpg form. [/quote] Thank you so much for posting this, I’ve been in desperate need of a good solo ttrpg and this one sounds perfect! I’m gonna play it n_n <33
@LoveCoralei wrote on 2023-03-30 23:48:30:

It's a free ttrpg that's basically Ironsworn crossed with Stardew Valley. So far it's been solo only, but tomorrow there's going to be a big update with co-op, ranching, crafting, more options to make friends with your townies, and I think marriage might be in this update too. I know for at least heart events were shown on the stream.

Thank you so much for posting this, I’ve been in desperate need of a good solo ttrpg and this one sounds perfect! I’m gonna play it n_n <33
Sd8tfDo.png Arcane-Network.png
[quote name="JoutaKujo" date="2023-03-29 22:16:41" ] The original MySims for the Wii. No thoughts just collecting items (referred to in game as Essences) and building furniture. I half jokingly refer to it as a “good game for autistic people” (I’m autistic myself) because of the emphasis on collecting and building, plus the lack of complex social interactions between the characters (basically boils down to “be nice” or “be mean”) [/quote] yeahhh ive played mysims (on pc though) since i was a kid its a neat little thing to play sometimes. i dont get the hatred it gets from Generic Popular Gaming Youtubers (or, used to get at least) theres nothing legitimately inherently wrong with it its just a cute little game Otherwise is starbound a hidden gem?? on one hand its not all that spectacular and the devs are Not Great but on the other hand its really fun to mod and ive been playing it for soon to be 8 years so im wayt oo attached forever to describe it i guess its sort of like space terraria. idk never played terraria
JoutaKujo wrote on 2023-03-29 22:16:41:
The original MySims for the Wii. No thoughts just collecting items (referred to in game as Essences) and building furniture. I half jokingly refer to it as a “good game for autistic people” (I’m autistic myself) because of the emphasis on collecting and building, plus the lack of complex social interactions between the characters (basically boils down to “be nice” or “be mean”)
yeahhh ive played mysims (on pc though) since i was a kid
its a neat little thing to play sometimes. i dont get the hatred it gets from Generic Popular Gaming Youtubers (or, used to get at least) theres nothing legitimately inherently wrong with it its just a cute little game

Otherwise
is starbound a hidden gem?? on one hand its not all that spectacular and the devs are Not Great but on the other hand its really fun to mod and ive been playing it for soon to be 8 years so im wayt oo attached forever
to describe it i guess its sort of like space terraria. idk never played terraria
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
equilinox is SO good . its so relaxing and a fun little sandbox game !
equilinox is SO good . its so relaxing and a fun little sandbox game !
Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
it might be too popular to count as a hidden gem, but Cry of Fear. it's not consistently good- the backtracking and confusing level design kill a lot of the horror- but when it's actually scary it's amazing.
it might be too popular to count as a hidden gem, but Cry of Fear. it's not consistently good- the backtracking and confusing level design kill a lot of the horror- but when it's actually scary it's amazing.
they/them
@JoutaKujo

No problem! ^^. Itch.io's full of good solo games too if you've not looked there before (just change it from games to physical games in browse; that tripped me up for a bit lol). Just Iron Valley has my full attention rn haha
@JoutaKujo

No problem! ^^. Itch.io's full of good solo games too if you've not looked there before (just change it from games to physical games in browse; that tripped me up for a bit lol). Just Iron Valley has my full attention rn haha
she/her | 37 | cst
1 2 3