Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | stupid things you hate for no reason
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14
I don't know why, but for whatever reason when people sneeze loud it makes my blood pressure skyrocket
I don't know why, but for whatever reason when people sneeze loud it makes my blood pressure skyrocket
You just lost The Game :) Also you are now breathing manually.
In-text citations. Yes, even footnotes. They're the textual equivalent of light flashing on a bit of shiny trash: absolutely worthless and impossible to ignore until they're all you see and are forced to waste your time investigating pieces of irrelevant information. I cannot stress how aggravating it is for me to be following along with some dense academic paper and get then get slapped in the face by a string of author names. Footnotes are slightly less intrusive in terms of sentence flow but that block of text at the bottom of the page is still just as distracting and useless. Can academia PLEASE find a better way to credit authors? P L E A S E

Okay, so not for no reason, but it is a pretty stupid thing to hate.
In-text citations. Yes, even footnotes. They're the textual equivalent of light flashing on a bit of shiny trash: absolutely worthless and impossible to ignore until they're all you see and are forced to waste your time investigating pieces of irrelevant information. I cannot stress how aggravating it is for me to be following along with some dense academic paper and get then get slapped in the face by a string of author names. Footnotes are slightly less intrusive in terms of sentence flow but that block of text at the bottom of the page is still just as distracting and useless. Can academia PLEASE find a better way to credit authors? P L E A S E

Okay, so not for no reason, but it is a pretty stupid thing to hate.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
I HATE TIMERS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! Its so pressuring and it makes me mad that someone wants to time me so precisely like oh noo im one second late ughhh now ur gonna say something to me about it

I also hate anime, sorry 87% of the internet.
I HATE TIMERS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! Its so pressuring and it makes me mad that someone wants to time me so precisely like oh noo im one second late ughhh now ur gonna say something to me about it

I also hate anime, sorry 87% of the internet.
IMG_3849.png
Yogurt.
It's not even that I don't like yogurt.
Flavor is meh.
Texture is okay.
What makes me hate yogurt is being a childcare provider.
Yogurt days are the WORST.
Toddlers don't know how to use spoons so it gets EVERYWHERE.
In their eyes. In their hair. All over their little legs. In their shoes. On the walls. On me.
The buildup of stress over time from continuous yogurt days has brought me to dread hearing the word. It's like yogurt PTSD. The smell makes me furious because that tells me I've missed cleaning a spot of yogurt somewhere and that stuff SPREADS.
My stomach has been out of sorts lately and my fiance innocently suggested I eat some yogurt to restore the beneficial bacteria in my gut.
ABSOLUTELY NOT.
I'd rather deal with the tummy problems thank you very much.
I despise yogurt.
Yogurt.
It's not even that I don't like yogurt.
Flavor is meh.
Texture is okay.
What makes me hate yogurt is being a childcare provider.
Yogurt days are the WORST.
Toddlers don't know how to use spoons so it gets EVERYWHERE.
In their eyes. In their hair. All over their little legs. In their shoes. On the walls. On me.
The buildup of stress over time from continuous yogurt days has brought me to dread hearing the word. It's like yogurt PTSD. The smell makes me furious because that tells me I've missed cleaning a spot of yogurt somewhere and that stuff SPREADS.
My stomach has been out of sorts lately and my fiance innocently suggested I eat some yogurt to restore the beneficial bacteria in my gut.
ABSOLUTELY NOT.
I'd rather deal with the tummy problems thank you very much.
I despise yogurt.
Luminous Almonds Hello, I'm Doetree!
26 | she | artist + teacher | FR+2
well,, hate is a rather strong word imo but..

- wendy's breakfast menu, more specifically the maple chicken/bacon biscuit sandwich thing and the grassy foil wrapper it sits in. (the smell alone sickens me.)
- the smell of ham. (i still eat ham but it heavily depends on how it smells.)
- the feeling of terracotta.
- the feeling of hand lotion.
- the feeling of chalk.
- that squeaky sound styrofoam makes.
- skylanders superchargers. (worst skylanders game next to imaginators i will die on this hill.)
- tlos fans. (hmm,, i wonder why.)
- aimkid.
- twitter.
- toilets that are connected to the wall or are super wobbly.
- dance monkey and that "oh no, oh no, oh no no no" song that tiktok made popular for some god awful reason.

these are just the things i could think of on the top of my head.
well,, hate is a rather strong word imo but..

- wendy's breakfast menu, more specifically the maple chicken/bacon biscuit sandwich thing and the grassy foil wrapper it sits in. (the smell alone sickens me.)
- the smell of ham. (i still eat ham but it heavily depends on how it smells.)
- the feeling of terracotta.
- the feeling of hand lotion.
- the feeling of chalk.
- that squeaky sound styrofoam makes.
- skylanders superchargers. (worst skylanders game next to imaginators i will die on this hill.)
- tlos fans. (hmm,, i wonder why.)
- aimkid.
- twitter.
- toilets that are connected to the wall or are super wobbly.
- dance monkey and that "oh no, oh no, oh no no no" song that tiktok made popular for some god awful reason.

these are just the things i could think of on the top of my head.
3.png eswSnrS.png
ypcKWM0.png
NlmYDAS.png
hZipXGO.png
warm pastries. goodbye. i hate it so much its so gross

i cannot deal w the texture warm pastries have (unless they’re straight out the oven,, then maybe)

its mostly a sensory thing andwkfonwj autism go brrr
warm pastries. goodbye. i hate it so much its so gross

i cannot deal w the texture warm pastries have (unless they’re straight out the oven,, then maybe)

its mostly a sensory thing andwkfonwj autism go brrr
UXZITgr.pnggC4M6ke.pngbYt72YT.pngY3tHz6g.pngmlHpBMC.png5hF3FGk.pngrix3ppo.pngnoHmDvU.png
I hate it when I'm drying the dishes and someone comes and washes a dish and then sets it on top of the already dry ones. Like logically i should be chill with that because I didn't have to wash it but oeabkfbesfbewub now all those dry dishes have droplets on them :(((
I hate it when I'm drying the dishes and someone comes and washes a dish and then sets it on top of the already dry ones. Like logically i should be chill with that because I didn't have to wash it but oeabkfbesfbewub now all those dry dishes have droplets on them :(((
ydo7trD.png
Quotation marks in books or texts, if someone is talking we use „” right?

And I hate it. Just.. why „”
Why not „„ or ””. Why does one have to be at the bottom, and one at the top. I don't know why, but that has always been annoying to me.
Quotation marks in books or texts, if someone is talking we use „” right?

And I hate it. Just.. why „”
Why not „„ or ””. Why does one have to be at the bottom, and one at the top. I don't know why, but that has always been annoying to me.
SQVdsFh.png YUzmw5z.png
noHmDvU.png
5hF3FGk.png
tMJCj6N.png
dT9HQge.png
- When people can’t use the right they’re/their/there or your/you’re
- Football and baseball, but for the same reason. Sport nights when I’m trying to sleep
- The texture of steak. Not beef in general, just steak
- When people yell at dogs for barking. If you don’t want your pet to bark, don’t get a pet that exclusively speaks in barks
- In roleplays, where someone’s character is listening to music, and they name a specific sing from a specific band/artist. Idk why, it just feels like they’re trying to plug their music interests in irrelevant places
- When people can’t use the right they’re/their/there or your/you’re
- Football and baseball, but for the same reason. Sport nights when I’m trying to sleep
- The texture of steak. Not beef in general, just steak
- When people yell at dogs for barking. If you don’t want your pet to bark, don’t get a pet that exclusively speaks in barks
- In roleplays, where someone’s character is listening to music, and they name a specific sing from a specific band/artist. Idk why, it just feels like they’re trying to plug their music interests in irrelevant places
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lTwcTPe.png
Zazz
cQS6PnX.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
yZFrBUC.png
mlHpBMC.png
d9YLPfe.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
x7lrvvy.png
i have a completely unfounded hatred of the department store Sears. even i couldn't tell you why to be honest
i have a completely unfounded hatred of the department store Sears. even i couldn't tell you why to be honest
em/sai | all pronouns | fr+2 | pings ok
wishlist | fandragon project
probably on ffxiv
This is my secret text... Let's keep it between us, ok?
-> HES SO SMALL AAAA
aKhVpRf.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14