Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | game playthroughs madness
1 2 3
@Falinks

: - ( i've been stuck on traitor lord for like a million years i can sympathize with that i think

i am wishing you luck! you have gotten so far, you will beat pv too, i know you can do it! but it's ok to take breaks if you are needing to as well, hk can get overwhelming pretty fast

also did you banish the troupe? i haven't... even tried to fight grimm yet, it is a hard decision too
@Falinks

: - ( i've been stuck on traitor lord for like a million years i can sympathize with that i think

i am wishing you luck! you have gotten so far, you will beat pv too, i know you can do it! but it's ok to take breaks if you are needing to as well, hk can get overwhelming pretty fast

also did you banish the troupe? i haven't... even tried to fight grimm yet, it is a hard decision too
BBA05-EC1-29-DC-44-D7-9431-EED8-EB90-BBC6.gif
MIDNIGHT LOOMING, TRAPPED BY DESPERATION TO REMAIN
@HydreigonOxide
20+? man, i'd say that's pretty decent. i don't think i've 100%ed anything i've played, and i know i've a lot of main storylines to complete. from getting stuck at a solely-luck-based boss to just being unwilling to go back and grind another 20 levels.
at least it keeps things interesting.

yeah, i think you struggling even though you went in with an advantageous team says it all. i've taken every opportunity the game's given me to hang back, collect loot and grind, and i'm still lv 11. RNG hasn't really skimped on seeds, though, i've got 13. and i'm hoping that's enough.
annoying, really, when you consider that part of why Pelipper Island exists is to let you get items and buy services even when your story has you stuck (which is exactly what ruined me in PMD1 about 3 times), but it isn't available until after one of the game's biggest hurdles.

@coopdrifter
yeah, i feel that. Traitor Lord is kinda rude.
i heard from someone that being aggressive works well on him, and that's the method i use.
he mainly either does the dash or the jump attacks, and you can just shadowdash through the former. if he jumps, either dash to get out the way, or walk forwards a bit and smack him when he hits the ground just behind you. he gives you just enough time with his tells to let you know what he's doing.
if you're real close when he sends out the orange spinny things, they tend to just go over you. the shockwave attack you should probably jump away and dash through (which might let you pogo/dive on him) but i always career directly into the big guy instead because i don't bother jumping.

i'd recommend Quickslash and Sharp Shadow if you want charms to use. they say he's 'just a bigger Mantis Traitor', and that's really only true in the sense he gives you no letup, no healing time. easier to play it safe over prioritise counterstrikes.

actually, i've ignored the troupe after i got the last of the flames. if you banish, NKG still shows up anyways in Godhome- i've heard. my plan is to beat him after i've done Pantheon of the Knight, otherwise he'll drain all of my health before the PV fight.
@HydreigonOxide
20+? man, i'd say that's pretty decent. i don't think i've 100%ed anything i've played, and i know i've a lot of main storylines to complete. from getting stuck at a solely-luck-based boss to just being unwilling to go back and grind another 20 levels.
at least it keeps things interesting.

yeah, i think you struggling even though you went in with an advantageous team says it all. i've taken every opportunity the game's given me to hang back, collect loot and grind, and i'm still lv 11. RNG hasn't really skimped on seeds, though, i've got 13. and i'm hoping that's enough.
annoying, really, when you consider that part of why Pelipper Island exists is to let you get items and buy services even when your story has you stuck (which is exactly what ruined me in PMD1 about 3 times), but it isn't available until after one of the game's biggest hurdles.

@coopdrifter
yeah, i feel that. Traitor Lord is kinda rude.
i heard from someone that being aggressive works well on him, and that's the method i use.
he mainly either does the dash or the jump attacks, and you can just shadowdash through the former. if he jumps, either dash to get out the way, or walk forwards a bit and smack him when he hits the ground just behind you. he gives you just enough time with his tells to let you know what he's doing.
if you're real close when he sends out the orange spinny things, they tend to just go over you. the shockwave attack you should probably jump away and dash through (which might let you pogo/dive on him) but i always career directly into the big guy instead because i don't bother jumping.

i'd recommend Quickslash and Sharp Shadow if you want charms to use. they say he's 'just a bigger Mantis Traitor', and that's really only true in the sense he gives you no letup, no healing time. easier to play it safe over prioritise counterstrikes.

actually, i've ignored the troupe after i got the last of the flames. if you banish, NKG still shows up anyways in Godhome- i've heard. my plan is to beat him after i've done Pantheon of the Knight, otherwise he'll drain all of my health before the PV fight.
@Falinks

Maybe the smaller amount of backlog on my part also has to do with the fact I really only have a Wii and 3DS. Both of which I cannot play right now due to technical reasons. Which is sad, because I wanted to play some Miitopia over spring break...

Anyways I somehow completed the story mode of PMD4 while still being under leveled, but there's still missions you can do. I'm still running into the same problems... I die in a dungeon I thought I could take on, but I sent my strongest Pokemon into that dungeon so when I have to use Pelliper Island to rescue them I end up dying even more. It's an endless cycle. It really hurts because Miiverse is gone and I can't rely on the Internet to be my saving grace anymore. Not that the PMD4 Miiverse was too active, though...
@Falinks

Maybe the smaller amount of backlog on my part also has to do with the fact I really only have a Wii and 3DS. Both of which I cannot play right now due to technical reasons. Which is sad, because I wanted to play some Miitopia over spring break...

Anyways I somehow completed the story mode of PMD4 while still being under leveled, but there's still missions you can do. I'm still running into the same problems... I die in a dungeon I thought I could take on, but I sent my strongest Pokemon into that dungeon so when I have to use Pelliper Island to rescue them I end up dying even more. It's an endless cycle. It really hurts because Miiverse is gone and I can't rely on the Internet to be my saving grace anymore. Not that the PMD4 Miiverse was too active, though...
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
@HydreigonOxide i mean, that's understandable. there's nothing you can do about it, though, so i guess it's just looking forward to Miitopia in the future. sad, but, i guess there's nothing ya can do. [emoji=coatl sad size=1] yeah, i did that a lot. there was one dungeon where i ended up with about 30 requests? but every high-level team i took in barely made it past that one Zoroark's MH. that's half the reason i restarted- the game does give you a whole lv 55 Salamence, like, second team mission in. i ended up not using the main duo at all and just... really struggling every time the game forced me to use them. a+ preperations, past me. and yeah, big f about the no help thing. really sucks that you can't just get help from others in those games.
@HydreigonOxide
i mean, that's understandable. there's nothing you can do about it, though, so i guess it's just looking forward to Miitopia in the future. sad, but, i guess there's nothing ya can do.

yeah, i did that a lot. there was one dungeon where i ended up with about 30 requests? but every high-level team i took in barely made it past that one Zoroark's MH. that's half the reason i restarted- the game does give you a whole lv 55 Salamence, like, second team mission in. i ended up not using the main duo at all and just... really struggling every time the game forced me to use them. a+ preperations, past me.
and yeah, big f about the no help thing. really sucks that you can't just get help from others in those games.
update on what i've been doing the past few days: just Kid Icarus: Uprising. nothing else.
trying to do well in the three treasure hunts. the online battles are Hard. people are Mean. i kept getting angel. i am Not Evasive.

also i'm currently doing the 'no Three Sacred Treasures in Chpt. 9' challenge. didn't think anything until i got to the part where there's about 6 Ornes. now i'm scared.
update on what i've been doing the past few days: just Kid Icarus: Uprising. nothing else.
trying to do well in the three treasure hunts. the online battles are Hard. people are Mean. i kept getting angel. i am Not Evasive.

also i'm currently doing the 'no Three Sacred Treasures in Chpt. 9' challenge. didn't think anything until i got to the part where there's about 6 Ornes. now i'm scared.
Oh, is Uprising worth the purchase? I've been debating if I either want to watch a playthrough or play it myself. I tend to like playing things in my own time, but I've also heard things about it being rough on your hands due to the controls.

In other news, I've been playing Dragalia Lost and the Fire Emblem crossover just came back. I still haven't gotten Fjorm from the banner. I just want a reliable Freeze unit... What hurts more is that this event not only will have a second phase that I will have to save up for, but also a surprise Gala Dragalia banner is coming tomorrow. Which features an overpowered dragon that I want for lore and power reasons. RIP my wyrmite hoard.

I've also been making Spore creatures for no reason other than to watch them walk around and maybe put them in silly outfits.
Oh, is Uprising worth the purchase? I've been debating if I either want to watch a playthrough or play it myself. I tend to like playing things in my own time, but I've also heard things about it being rough on your hands due to the controls.

In other news, I've been playing Dragalia Lost and the Fire Emblem crossover just came back. I still haven't gotten Fjorm from the banner. I just want a reliable Freeze unit... What hurts more is that this event not only will have a second phase that I will have to save up for, but also a surprise Gala Dragalia banner is coming tomorrow. Which features an overpowered dragon that I want for lore and power reasons. RIP my wyrmite hoard.

I've also been making Spore creatures for no reason other than to watch them walk around and maybe put them in silly outfits.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
@Falinks
I'm so happy to know you've been enjoying Kid Icarus: Uprising! Ornes are forever terrifying.. I've never been finished by one, but even hearing the 8-bit music gives me goosebumps. Heck, I distinctly remember being utterly scared during Chapter 24 where... well, I'm not gonna to spoil where it shows up, but I'll mention that it appears at a higher difficulty. But I HATED it. I probably got stuck going back and forth for a good minute out of fear.

Also 100% try and fuse for better weapons for the core game: try shooting for max stars on Range for starters. More Stars = more damage.

@HydreigonOxide
I personally LOVE Kid Icarus: Uprising! I'd consider it a must-have if you like challenging games with high replayability: this game is literally not possible to complete at the highest difficulty (9.0) in one go, because the weapon can make or break how you fare in the chapters next to your experience with the levels! When you play at a higher difficulty, things get a lot more intense: enemies can show up in different areas, sometimes where you least expect them.

But it's also fun if you're playing it casually too. The art is great, dialogue and banter between the characters is entertaining, the levels are all different and fun to explore, and there's such a wide mix of enemies and bosses that'll challenge you no matter the difficulty.

Maybe you heard about the controls, but I had no problems with it. I think that it may only be an issue if you're left-handed, in which you'd need an add-on.
@Falinks
I'm so happy to know you've been enjoying Kid Icarus: Uprising! Ornes are forever terrifying.. I've never been finished by one, but even hearing the 8-bit music gives me goosebumps. Heck, I distinctly remember being utterly scared during Chapter 24 where... well, I'm not gonna to spoil where it shows up, but I'll mention that it appears at a higher difficulty. But I HATED it. I probably got stuck going back and forth for a good minute out of fear.

Also 100% try and fuse for better weapons for the core game: try shooting for max stars on Range for starters. More Stars = more damage.

@HydreigonOxide
I personally LOVE Kid Icarus: Uprising! I'd consider it a must-have if you like challenging games with high replayability: this game is literally not possible to complete at the highest difficulty (9.0) in one go, because the weapon can make or break how you fare in the chapters next to your experience with the levels! When you play at a higher difficulty, things get a lot more intense: enemies can show up in different areas, sometimes where you least expect them.

But it's also fun if you're playing it casually too. The art is great, dialogue and banter between the characters is entertaining, the levels are all different and fun to explore, and there's such a wide mix of enemies and bosses that'll challenge you no matter the difficulty.

Maybe you heard about the controls, but I had no problems with it. I think that it may only be an issue if you're left-handed, in which you'd need an add-on.
Avatar Dragon: Link / Tiny Dragon by AmberscaleArt. Teba
Masterpost of Guides
Fandragons
Regular
Temple of Time Hatchery
@HydreigonOxide
i wouldn't say it's too rough controls-wise. can be a little hard at firsr to balance moving and firing with turning the camera around, but you get used to it quickly.. if you're left handed there's an option to use the four buttons to move and the r-button to shoot, which makes it easier on you.

as for gameplay, it tends to get its length through the replay factor. you can bet your money (hearts) to increase a level's intensity, making it harder but giving you better loot. you've also got a bunch of weapon types to choose from, so you can pick the one that you like the feel of the most. the range of enemies in the game is stunning, and each level has its own unique boss.
there's not exactly hundreds of chapters to play through, but there's a good amount, and each chapter is very different to the others. similarly, the storyline never drops at all throughout the game. and the dialouge... well, let's just say you'd be hard-pressed to find another game with half of the banter this one has. heck, even the tutorial videos have some entertaining conversations in them.

all in all, it's very good for a sequel to a game that came out 25 years before it. which, yes, the characters pick up on and joke about immediately.

also, i can absolutely relate to wanting overpowered dragons. that's incredibly relateable.

@Nesu
ah yes, that one. pretty sure i felt pure terror at that point, though i've since found the 'brief invincibility' buff. i don't think it wouldn't work on Ornes...
is that the level with a challenge to beat with an arm? no thank you
the one in Chpt 6 that only appears on higher difficulties? yeah, that gave me a heart attack the first time round. must've spawned an inch from me. i ran for my life.

i only tend to fuse my weapons if it doesn't drastically lower the final one's stats like normally happens. right now i've a pair of Artillery Claws with... off the top of my head, i'm gonna have to say 4.5 stars in ranged and 2.5 in melee. good set of buffs. i tend to always use claws if i'm honest, i like the speed buff and i like the rapid, long fire it gives. the melee combo's nice, too.
though according to LvD if your weapon cannot produce giant AoE effects (or whatever the heck those people were doing) it is useless, says the playerbase
@HydreigonOxide
i wouldn't say it's too rough controls-wise. can be a little hard at firsr to balance moving and firing with turning the camera around, but you get used to it quickly.. if you're left handed there's an option to use the four buttons to move and the r-button to shoot, which makes it easier on you.

as for gameplay, it tends to get its length through the replay factor. you can bet your money (hearts) to increase a level's intensity, making it harder but giving you better loot. you've also got a bunch of weapon types to choose from, so you can pick the one that you like the feel of the most. the range of enemies in the game is stunning, and each level has its own unique boss.
there's not exactly hundreds of chapters to play through, but there's a good amount, and each chapter is very different to the others. similarly, the storyline never drops at all throughout the game. and the dialouge... well, let's just say you'd be hard-pressed to find another game with half of the banter this one has. heck, even the tutorial videos have some entertaining conversations in them.

all in all, it's very good for a sequel to a game that came out 25 years before it. which, yes, the characters pick up on and joke about immediately.

also, i can absolutely relate to wanting overpowered dragons. that's incredibly relateable.

@Nesu
ah yes, that one. pretty sure i felt pure terror at that point, though i've since found the 'brief invincibility' buff. i don't think it wouldn't work on Ornes...
is that the level with a challenge to beat with an arm? no thank you
the one in Chpt 6 that only appears on higher difficulties? yeah, that gave me a heart attack the first time round. must've spawned an inch from me. i ran for my life.

i only tend to fuse my weapons if it doesn't drastically lower the final one's stats like normally happens. right now i've a pair of Artillery Claws with... off the top of my head, i'm gonna have to say 4.5 stars in ranged and 2.5 in melee. good set of buffs. i tend to always use claws if i'm honest, i like the speed buff and i like the rapid, long fire it gives. the melee combo's nice, too.
though according to LvD if your weapon cannot produce giant AoE effects (or whatever the heck those people were doing) it is useless, says the playerbase
@Falinks
I'd LIKE to think that Brief Invincibility would work vs Ornes, but I honestly never bothered to use it there: 'cause I'd rather save Powers for bosses. They're pretty VICIOUS if you aren't careful!
Chapter 24 happens to be the one with the loooooong staircases... to be vague and not-so-vague.

That's pretty good! I happen to like claws a bit too. Raptor Claws is my personal favorite: I have one that's 6 stars in Melee and +5 Overall Defense, so this terrorizes people and constantly gets in their face if they aren't careful!
LvD and Multiplayer as a whole is practically an entire thing by itself! You'll likely have different weapon kits for solo and multiplayer. They're not entirely wrong about that, because people can snipe your KOs if you don't finish 'em off and your weapon has a long charge time. Homing's always nice too. You can also tell which people tend to know what they're doing if they have either high rarity weapons, or weapons that have max stars in one area (usually Ranged), low rarity, and have good buffs suited for the weapon..
@Falinks
I'd LIKE to think that Brief Invincibility would work vs Ornes, but I honestly never bothered to use it there: 'cause I'd rather save Powers for bosses. They're pretty VICIOUS if you aren't careful!
Chapter 24 happens to be the one with the loooooong staircases... to be vague and not-so-vague.

That's pretty good! I happen to like claws a bit too. Raptor Claws is my personal favorite: I have one that's 6 stars in Melee and +5 Overall Defense, so this terrorizes people and constantly gets in their face if they aren't careful!
LvD and Multiplayer as a whole is practically an entire thing by itself! You'll likely have different weapon kits for solo and multiplayer. They're not entirely wrong about that, because people can snipe your KOs if you don't finish 'em off and your weapon has a long charge time. Homing's always nice too. You can also tell which people tend to know what they're doing if they have either high rarity weapons, or weapons that have max stars in one area (usually Ranged), low rarity, and have good buffs suited for the weapon..
Avatar Dragon: Link / Tiny Dragon by AmberscaleArt. Teba
Masterpost of Guides
Fandragons
Regular
Temple of Time Hatchery
@Nesu
so i tried it out (Chapter 9 has something... very similar if you choose normal weapons) and yup! it works. though, of course, it's only active for a couple seconds, so you still panic.
yup. i know the one you mean. and the Orne you mean, too. still using invincibility, i'll deal with the bosses when they come

ah, i see. i don't think kill-steals really matter too much, but i guess there's probably achievements for multiplayer kills aplenty or something.
but, uh, outta curiosity, both the Reflect Shots and Invisibility powers aren't stopped in Together mode. are those gonna be as fun to use as i think?
@Nesu
so i tried it out (Chapter 9 has something... very similar if you choose normal weapons) and yup! it works. though, of course, it's only active for a couple seconds, so you still panic.
yup. i know the one you mean. and the Orne you mean, too. still using invincibility, i'll deal with the bosses when they come

ah, i see. i don't think kill-steals really matter too much, but i guess there's probably achievements for multiplayer kills aplenty or something.
but, uh, outta curiosity, both the Reflect Shots and Invisibility powers aren't stopped in Together mode. are those gonna be as fun to use as i think?
1 2 3