Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What languages do you speak?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Native English, but moving around a lot as a kid, I picked up on a few other languages. I remember some Hawaiian pidgin, Hawaiian, and French from high-school classes. I can understand Spanish, but speaking it is another matter.
Native English, but moving around a lot as a kid, I picked up on a few other languages. I remember some Hawaiian pidgin, Hawaiian, and French from high-school classes. I can understand Spanish, but speaking it is another matter.
Luminous Almonds Hello, I'm Doetree!
26 | she | artist + teacher | FR+2
Native English speaker here, moderately fluent in Spanish (as I was forced to take it since I started school), and currently studying Japanese :P
Native English speaker here, moderately fluent in Spanish (as I was forced to take it since I started school), and currently studying Japanese :P
Ot3Ahks.jpg
My main language is Dutch. I can also speak and write English. My English speech isn't the greatest though, so I feel more comfortable writing it, lmao. I sometimes even feel like my English writing is better than my Dutch. It's odd.

Besides those two I don't know other languages! I'd like to learn French someday though. I think it's a beautiful language.
My main language is Dutch. I can also speak and write English. My English speech isn't the greatest though, so I feel more comfortable writing it, lmao. I sometimes even feel like my English writing is better than my Dutch. It's odd.

Besides those two I don't know other languages! I'd like to learn French someday though. I think it's a beautiful language.
ePOliyb.png JrEJc4j.png
0HBKL8H.png LGvol4P.png
qeWy3Ik.png cdqdRxL.png

Find my Wishlist here!
Native English speaker, I know quite a bit of German from my grandma but I no longer have anyone who actively speaks the language so I have lost a lot. I know some french because Canada and I am currently learning ASL
Native English speaker, I know quite a bit of German from my grandma but I no longer have anyone who actively speaks the language so I have lost a lot. I know some french because Canada and I am currently learning ASL
~Kweh Kweh Wark~1H+FR~ Mc4YmuQ.png
Native English speaker, too. I also am decent in German - minored in it in college/uni.
Native English speaker, too. I also am decent in German - minored in it in college/uni.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
- native estonian
- p much fluent english (trying to major in eng philology, the bachelor's thesis stuff is the most troubling thing bc lack of self-discipline lmao)
- decent bits of russian (decent enough that i can apparently get by with it on actual little russia trips :D ...my main fav music artist is moscow-based, have tripped there mainly to see him live there a, uh, handful of times (4) (out of 7 total) and also, [gestures east] direct neighbour and a decent amount of russian-speakers in estonia too bc reasons, yknow? and my middle school didnt have any german, commonly the from-6th-grade 2nd-foreign-lang choices here are russian and german, but.)
- native estonian
- p much fluent english (trying to major in eng philology, the bachelor's thesis stuff is the most troubling thing bc lack of self-discipline lmao)
- decent bits of russian (decent enough that i can apparently get by with it on actual little russia trips :D ...my main fav music artist is moscow-based, have tripped there mainly to see him live there a, uh, handful of times (4) (out of 7 total) and also, [gestures east] direct neighbour and a decent amount of russian-speakers in estonia too bc reasons, yknow? and my middle school didnt have any german, commonly the from-6th-grade 2nd-foreign-lang choices here are russian and german, but.)
a minimal doodle of a charcoal/periwinkle imperial with some matchy apparel lounging, with the text 'wow...' near her head she/her / frt+10

"have you tried drink water"
English, some Russian and some Japanese
English, some Russian and some Japanese
안녕하세요 여러분!
Hello Everybody!
Welcome to the Mystical Myres clan~
Beyond the hidden depths of the Earth and in your companion, we rise to this transcendent occasion.
Portuguese (mother tongue) English (fluent) and some bit of Spanish (had to study 2 years of it in school)
Portuguese (mother tongue) English (fluent) and some bit of Spanish (had to study 2 years of it in school)
tree.png xxxxice.png
xx
Keep your head up,
princess
snow.png
snow.png
snow.png
or your crown's
gonna fall
XX
xxxxice.png
tree2.png
[/font]
I´m able to speak German (mother tongue), English (pretty much fluent, but it´s by far not perfect. Good enough, ´though - I guess xD) and a bit Latin (I know, you technically don´t speak it - but that doesn´t matter because I forgot about everything so yeah xD). Lowkey wanna learn Russian and/or Norwegian but I hate actually learning new languages, with all that grammar rules and baahhh xD
I´m able to speak German (mother tongue), English (pretty much fluent, but it´s by far not perfect. Good enough, ´though - I guess xD) and a bit Latin (I know, you technically don´t speak it - but that doesn´t matter because I forgot about everything so yeah xD). Lowkey wanna learn Russian and/or Norwegian but I hate actually learning new languages, with all that grammar rules and baahhh xD
take a look at my skin shop pretty please? u.u
Native English speaker (I'm american) I studied German and french of about 3 years each, but I remember literally nothing of them now.

On the other hand, I'm conversational in Finnish, which is an achievement I'm very proud of! I hope to one day become fluent ;w;
Native English speaker (I'm american) I studied German and french of about 3 years each, but I remember literally nothing of them now.

On the other hand, I'm conversational in Finnish, which is an achievement I'm very proud of! I hope to one day become fluent ;w;
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9