Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | That new lion King movie...
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Vsauce" date="2019-07-27 06:19:10" ] Fact: Disney is running out of ideas and to make some quick bucks they remake their classics in soul-less, CGI movies. Sorry, that's just how it is. [/quote]
Vsauce wrote on 2019-07-27 06:19:10:
Fact: Disney is running out of ideas and to make some quick bucks they remake their classics in soul-less, CGI movies.
Sorry, that's just how it is.
qvTNuJR.png

~

·

MUYNhfy.png
G8AyR6r.png
0HBKL8H.png
mlHpBMC.png

·

~
x5p5Lqa.png hzJoCvj.png
I just saw it and was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as the original of course, particularly when it came to the highlights like the stampede scene and when Mufasa appears in the sky, they were much better in the original. But I liked how they didn't add too many things and didn't change too much of the main story. Yeah they did add scenes and the dialogue was different but it wasn't anything really extreme and the dialogue was actually pretty close to the original. It wasn't like Beauty and the Beast, which added a bunch of pointless junk.

The lack of expressions did bother me, especially the scene were Simba comes across Mufasa's body. I also didn't care much for young Simba's voice actor. Scar wasn't nearly as good.

But the thing that bothered me the most (other than the fact that I had to suffer through the Cats trailer before the movie started) was that stupid generic pop song that popped up out of friggin nowhere. The heck was that?!?

I think I'll stick to the original but I'm glad I sat through this one too.
I just saw it and was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as the original of course, particularly when it came to the highlights like the stampede scene and when Mufasa appears in the sky, they were much better in the original. But I liked how they didn't add too many things and didn't change too much of the main story. Yeah they did add scenes and the dialogue was different but it wasn't anything really extreme and the dialogue was actually pretty close to the original. It wasn't like Beauty and the Beast, which added a bunch of pointless junk.

The lack of expressions did bother me, especially the scene were Simba comes across Mufasa's body. I also didn't care much for young Simba's voice actor. Scar wasn't nearly as good.

But the thing that bothered me the most (other than the fact that I had to suffer through the Cats trailer before the movie started) was that stupid generic pop song that popped up out of friggin nowhere. The heck was that?!?

I think I'll stick to the original but I'm glad I sat through this one too.
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png

I haven't seen it and I'm not sure how objectively 'good' it is but I just... have issues with disney in general. it's concerning that they can afford to spend billions of dollars on projects that are just rehashes of films they've already made, likely in order to copyrights on their characters and stories into the forseeable future. especially concerning TLK as there's a lot of evidence pointing to the fact that it was stolen from the creators of Kimba. Disney is a cancerous monster and even if the movie isn't objectively bad, it's a disgusting cog in a corporate machine.

I haven't seen it and I'm not sure how objectively 'good' it is but I just... have issues with disney in general. it's concerning that they can afford to spend billions of dollars on projects that are just rehashes of films they've already made, likely in order to copyrights on their characters and stories into the forseeable future. especially concerning TLK as there's a lot of evidence pointing to the fact that it was stolen from the creators of Kimba. Disney is a cancerous monster and even if the movie isn't objectively bad, it's a disgusting cog in a corporate machine.
sabel
| infj | server time
i really really like coatls

PYuV1yF.png

“reality is an illusion
the universe is a hologram
buy gold
bye !”
i strongly disliked it hh;

Like yeah the CGI is impressive, but i just dont get the appeal of live action remakes... also this just might be me but the actual animations of characters were off..

Like with animation you can make things and do things that aren't found in real life,, like if disney needed to make a live action lion king, going for stylized realism would have probably made the movie decent!

And another thing is that they didn't change much, some people see this as a good thing but why remake it then if you're not going to add more to the stories? the live-action is just the original but less emotional.

like with the characters having less emotions than a rock and the voice actors having emotion was just, off-putting

sort of off-topic but what i hate the most is people saying that animation is childish... i saw a yt comment saying that was the reason they liked the live-action better was because they were an adult and the original was childish because it was animated.

I hate that so much,, it's one of my biggest pet peeves.

sorry for like ranting this probably doesn't make sense
i strongly disliked it hh;

Like yeah the CGI is impressive, but i just dont get the appeal of live action remakes... also this just might be me but the actual animations of characters were off..

Like with animation you can make things and do things that aren't found in real life,, like if disney needed to make a live action lion king, going for stylized realism would have probably made the movie decent!

And another thing is that they didn't change much, some people see this as a good thing but why remake it then if you're not going to add more to the stories? the live-action is just the original but less emotional.

like with the characters having less emotions than a rock and the voice actors having emotion was just, off-putting

sort of off-topic but what i hate the most is people saying that animation is childish... i saw a yt comment saying that was the reason they liked the live-action better was because they were an adult and the original was childish because it was animated.

I hate that so much,, it's one of my biggest pet peeves.

sorry for like ranting this probably doesn't make sense
i am bad at things
I saw it in theaters, the animation is eye-popping and the music is incredible, but they definitely missed a few marks, character dialog could have been better and some central scenes and themes were cut and new scenes that weren't that good were added in. I'll always love the cartoon more.
I saw it in theaters, the animation is eye-popping and the music is incredible, but they definitely missed a few marks, character dialog could have been better and some central scenes and themes were cut and new scenes that weren't that good were added in. I'll always love the cartoon more.
ca4nyRv.pngrcLDXY6.pngxCVbB5p.png
tumblr_inline_nmplalyfet1qfq1fk_500.gif
(quentintarantino)
[quote name="Oakcloud" date="2019-07-26 19:30:01" ] I didn’t see it yet but my family was planning to! From friends’ opinions it’s bad, but since I didn’t see it yet I can’t really confirm [/quote] My personal opinion is they did a disservice to the animated version of "The Lion King". [i] Frankly I also never recovered from the fact that they lied about it's origins. It pulled heavily from the plot from one of Osamu Tezuka's works. (Which was actually inspired by Disney's Bambii, if you like that kind of twist. Just look up [u]Osamu Tezuka[/u] "[u]Kimba the White Lion[/u]".)Yet Disney has constantly refused to give even inspirational credit where credit is due. Citing all sorts of bullox excuses.[/i] If you want to watch it, you may still enjoy it despite how friends and family feel about it. There is no shame, by the way, in liking the movie. Popular opinion about art hardly makes those opinions fact.
Oakcloud wrote on 2019-07-26 19:30:01:
I didn’t see it yet but my family was planning to!
From friends’ opinions it’s bad, but since I didn’t see it yet I can’t really confirm
My personal opinion is they did a disservice to the animated version of "The Lion King".

Frankly I also never recovered from the fact that they lied about it's origins. It pulled heavily from the plot from one of Osamu Tezuka's works. (Which was actually inspired by Disney's Bambii, if you like that kind of twist. Just look up Osamu Tezuka "Kimba the White Lion".)Yet Disney has constantly refused to give even inspirational credit where credit is due. Citing all sorts of bullox excuses.

If you want to watch it, you may still enjoy it despite how friends and family feel about it. There is no shame, by the way, in liking the movie. Popular opinion about art hardly makes those opinions fact.
g1_arcanist_wip_by_kidlet83-dbi7ye8.gifg1_mather_wip_by_kidlet83-dbrtr70.gif
i love it so much and it was amazing skfslfkg i don't get why some of y'all are so against live action remakes

i love it so much and it was amazing skfslfkg i don't get why some of y'all are so against live action remakes

hopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif cowboy | 19 | he/himhopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif
I saw it and thought it was... okay. It seemed to mostly just be an exact remake of the original with a few changes. I'm definitely a stan of the broadway musical, though (true story, I saw the broadway version before the original, and found the original to be a letdown by comparison), and I was lowkey hoping they'd take advantage of remaking the movie to add some of my favorite songs, but No Such Luck I guess.

There seemed to be something wrong with the shape of the lions' faces, though? They didn't quite look like lions. All the other animals looked like they were supposed to, but I feel like they might've based the lions' face shape on leopards or tigers or something. They were kind of uncomfortable to look at.

I'm also still ticked off that they changed Scar's mane color. Real life lions can have black manes.
I saw it and thought it was... okay. It seemed to mostly just be an exact remake of the original with a few changes. I'm definitely a stan of the broadway musical, though (true story, I saw the broadway version before the original, and found the original to be a letdown by comparison), and I was lowkey hoping they'd take advantage of remaking the movie to add some of my favorite songs, but No Such Luck I guess.

There seemed to be something wrong with the shape of the lions' faces, though? They didn't quite look like lions. All the other animals looked like they were supposed to, but I feel like they might've based the lions' face shape on leopards or tigers or something. They were kind of uncomfortable to look at.

I'm also still ticked off that they changed Scar's mane color. Real life lions can have black manes.
f16aksK.png
1 2 3 4