Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone here like the GONE series?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@DragonCloudBurst Guess whooo's back...

I do like the McClub, yeah. It's basically the apocalypse and what are we gonna do? Party.

I'd recommend it, yeah. It's a step up from Scratch, by far, but it gets simpler as long as you can remember a few inputs and stuff.

I've gathered that but... c'mon, you could've at least waited a day.
@DragonCloudBurst Guess whooo's back...

I do like the McClub, yeah. It's basically the apocalypse and what are we gonna do? Party.

I'd recommend it, yeah. It's a step up from Scratch, by far, but it gets simpler as long as you can remember a few inputs and stuff.

I've gathered that but... c'mon, you could've at least waited a day.
@Zlhzlh

What else is there to do?

Yeah, Python sounds interesting!

Honestly. he probably should have, haha. I guess e felt like he didn’t have any other options.

Btw, what are your opinions on Diana and Drake?
@Zlhzlh

What else is there to do?

Yeah, Python sounds interesting!

Honestly. he probably should have, haha. I guess e felt like he didn’t have any other options.

Btw, what are your opinions on Diana and Drake?
eyayah | art shop
mlr1H8z.png
@DragonCloudBurst

...Can't argue with that, can I?

Yup, although it my seem a little dull at first, I'd suggest sticking to just simple stuff. There are plenty of guides and stuff that go through one simple function, like variables or arrays, at a time.

I guess... heh. He's not very wise, really, is he?

Well, Diana seems to actually be... how do I say... smart about how she's doing stuff. Pretty manipulative.
Drake. He's basically just a big angry brute whose only interests and shooting stuff and/or whipping stuff. I guess he's good as an antagonist in that respect, especially with others to do the thinking for him.
@DragonCloudBurst

...Can't argue with that, can I?

Yup, although it my seem a little dull at first, I'd suggest sticking to just simple stuff. There are plenty of guides and stuff that go through one simple function, like variables or arrays, at a time.

I guess... heh. He's not very wise, really, is he?

Well, Diana seems to actually be... how do I say... smart about how she's doing stuff. Pretty manipulative.
Drake. He's basically just a big angry brute whose only interests and shooting stuff and/or whipping stuff. I guess he's good as an antagonist in that respect, especially with others to do the thinking for him.
@Zlhzlh

Yes, Diana is definitely smart. She’s EXTREMELY manipulative and almost always gets what she wants from Caine. Smart girl.

Yep, you’re right on the money there! Over the next few books you get some information about his past that adds a bit more depth to his character that he desperately needs, imo. (Let’s just say his mom wasn’t the best mom.) He gets smarter as well! I really really want to see him team up with Sam to fight the gaiaphage, because I think that would be really a really good character dynamic, but I know that’s not gonna happen lol. Fine then I’ll write it myself
@Zlhzlh

Yes, Diana is definitely smart. She’s EXTREMELY manipulative and almost always gets what she wants from Caine. Smart girl.

Yep, you’re right on the money there! Over the next few books you get some information about his past that adds a bit more depth to his character that he desperately needs, imo. (Let’s just say his mom wasn’t the best mom.) He gets smarter as well! I really really want to see him team up with Sam to fight the gaiaphage, because I think that would be really a really good character dynamic, but I know that’s not gonna happen lol. Fine then I’ll write it myself
eyayah | art shop
mlr1H8z.png
@DragonCloudBurst

'Bad guy' or not, I gotta admire someone who's smart in the sense that, even if her power isn't the best, she's basically got all the strong guys wrapped around her thumb.

Character depth? And braincells? About time! Development in a character is always a good thing man i gotta get back to reading these
Pf, there isn't exactly anything stopping you doing it, you know!
@DragonCloudBurst

'Bad guy' or not, I gotta admire someone who's smart in the sense that, even if her power isn't the best, she's basically got all the strong guys wrapped around her thumb.

Character depth? And braincells? About time! Development in a character is always a good thing man i gotta get back to reading these
Pf, there isn't exactly anything stopping you doing it, you know!
@Zlhzlh

Exactly! Diana’s practically a genius. The best part is, Caine KNOWS she’s using him, but he still loves her!

Oh man, I absolutely ADORE character development. It’s just... so... satisfying...
Also, not gonna lie, Drake is probably my favorite character! He does a lot of bad things that I don’t agree with, but he’s the most interesting in my opinion.

Oh, trust me, I know. I’m 12,441 words in.
@Zlhzlh

Exactly! Diana’s practically a genius. The best part is, Caine KNOWS she’s using him, but he still loves her!

Oh man, I absolutely ADORE character development. It’s just... so... satisfying...
Also, not gonna lie, Drake is probably my favorite character! He does a lot of bad things that I don’t agree with, but he’s the most interesting in my opinion.

Oh, trust me, I know. I’m 12,441 words in.
eyayah | art shop
mlr1H8z.png
@DragonCloudBurst

I'm now just keeping track of the amount of times 'manipulative' or 'manipulation' appears when talking about Diana. So far- a lot.

I'm further now, I'm practically at the climax of Hunger, I need this character development, I want it so bad.

That's... very impressive. I'm in awe.

And as a fun fact, this series seems to have seriously left its mark on me, several dreams I've had now (or sections of dreams as I rarely get one coherent dream a night) heavily feature themes reminiscent of those in this series. This is the second time I've had dreams I can clearly link to a fictional source such as a book, game or TV series, and the first shouldn't count as it's something I think about almost 24/7... so hey, that's cool!
@DragonCloudBurst

I'm now just keeping track of the amount of times 'manipulative' or 'manipulation' appears when talking about Diana. So far- a lot.

I'm further now, I'm practically at the climax of Hunger, I need this character development, I want it so bad.

That's... very impressive. I'm in awe.

And as a fun fact, this series seems to have seriously left its mark on me, several dreams I've had now (or sections of dreams as I rarely get one coherent dream a night) heavily feature themes reminiscent of those in this series. This is the second time I've had dreams I can clearly link to a fictional source such as a book, game or TV series, and the first shouldn't count as it's something I think about almost 24/7... so hey, that's cool!
@Zlhzlh

Yeah, haha, you’re right! It’s honestly pretty funny.

The climax of that book is one of the best in the series!

Good news- I’m on the last book, and I’ve gotten more information about Drake’s family! I won’t say anything because spoilers, but I got so excited reading that part haha. Like, “Finally! Some new information!”

That’s interesting! I always like dreams about fictional stuff, as they tend to be pretty cool.
@Zlhzlh

Yeah, haha, you’re right! It’s honestly pretty funny.

The climax of that book is one of the best in the series!

Good news- I’m on the last book, and I’ve gotten more information about Drake’s family! I won’t say anything because spoilers, but I got so excited reading that part haha. Like, “Finally! Some new information!”

That’s interesting! I always like dreams about fictional stuff, as they tend to be pretty cool.
eyayah | art shop
mlr1H8z.png
@DragonCloudBurst

I think that's the mark of a good villian. Doing wrong and getting called out on it, but nobody seems to be able/willing to stop them.

Yeah, if the build-up's anything to say, it's gonna get pretty crazy.

MORE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

The most recent two I remember were less 'exciting mutant monsters and powers' and more 'trying to survive with no/less adults/authorative figures' and as such weren't the most incredible things, but they had that kinda 'flow of life' feel to them, like it just seemed the situations I were in were natural. Weird.
@DragonCloudBurst

I think that's the mark of a good villian. Doing wrong and getting called out on it, but nobody seems to be able/willing to stop them.

Yeah, if the build-up's anything to say, it's gonna get pretty crazy.

MORE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

The most recent two I remember were less 'exciting mutant monsters and powers' and more 'trying to survive with no/less adults/authorative figures' and as such weren't the most incredible things, but they had that kinda 'flow of life' feel to them, like it just seemed the situations I were in were natural. Weird.
@Zlhzlh

Exactly, that’s definitely a good type of villain! I also really like *charismatic* villains, such as Caine. They’re just... so good? Their personalities are always fun to read about.

Absolutely. I mean, for the love of mike, there’s a massive rod of uranium!

Ah, yes, everyday life: ALL OF THE ADULTS HAVE VANISHED

@Zlhzlh

Exactly, that’s definitely a good type of villain! I also really like *charismatic* villains, such as Caine. They’re just... so good? Their personalities are always fun to read about.

Absolutely. I mean, for the love of mike, there’s a massive rod of uranium!

Ah, yes, everyday life: ALL OF THE ADULTS HAVE VANISHED

eyayah | art shop
mlr1H8z.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8