Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Let's Talk About Obscure Animes
1 2 3
[quote name="@Lunartwist" date="2019-06-30 23:22:10" ] [center]I feel like I am the only person in the world who's watched Slayers! DX [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/Slayers_characters.jpg[/img] But like it's got everything you need: *Comedic female protagonist that is both wonderfully morally grey and chaotic and is never one-dimensional or the typical "pretty damsel in distress". *Plot that is a playful, humorous, jaunt for most of the part but then can get pretty gosh-darn suspenseful and dramatic when it needs to and it doesn't feel out of place. *Magic! Dungeons! Demons! Adventure! Food! So basically this is D&D the anime. *Every single character feels like a realistic person with their owns goals and drives. No one feels like a trope. And what trope-y behavior some main characters have is played up for parody. (Amelia's passion for justice? Friggin hilarious.) *EXTREME WORLDBUILDING. Like holy cow, the world (and multiverse) is fully fleshed out with their own pantheons and rules. Like if you just google the Slayers universe, you can deep dive for days on all its extensive worldbuilding. *All three seasons are amazing! The original 3 seasons are treasures and none of them fall in quality like some sequels do. (Although we don't talk about Slayers Revolution...djhg...) Anyway it's amazing and if you want a feel-good adventure comedy, please watch this! [/quote] YES! I love this anime!
Quote:
I feel like I am the only person in the world who's watched Slayers! DX

Slayers_characters.jpg

But like it's got everything you need:

*Comedic female protagonist that is both wonderfully morally grey and chaotic and is never one-dimensional or the typical "pretty damsel in distress".

*Plot that is a playful, humorous, jaunt for most of the part but then can get pretty gosh-darn suspenseful and dramatic when it needs to and it doesn't feel out of place.

*Magic! Dungeons! Demons! Adventure! Food! So basically this is D&D the anime.

*Every single character feels like a realistic person with their owns goals and drives. No one feels like a trope. And what trope-y behavior some main characters have is played up for parody. (Amelia's passion for justice? Friggin hilarious.)

*EXTREME WORLDBUILDING. Like holy cow, the world (and multiverse) is fully fleshed out with their own pantheons and rules. Like if you just google the Slayers universe, you can deep dive for days on all its extensive worldbuilding.

*All three seasons are amazing! The original 3 seasons are treasures and none of them fall in quality like some sequels do. (Although we don't talk about Slayers Revolution...djhg...)

Anyway it's amazing and if you want a feel-good adventure comedy, please watch this!
YES! I love this anime!
3YVdS.gifnVsDK.giftkcez.gifbja3g.gifIzYqF.gif
1 2 3