Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | popular foods you dont like?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Bacon. It just tastes like burnt meat to me. :x
Bacon. It just tastes like burnt meat to me. :x
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Pickles.

(I don't completely hate them... but I don't like them.)
Pickles.

(I don't completely hate them... but I don't like them.)
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
i actually dont like biscuits. or grapefruit.
i actually dont like biscuits. or grapefruit.
epphiren.gif
blanc Nice to meet you, loser! They call me Misfire. Long story. Actually, you know what? It isn't. It's a very short story involving a machine gun, a misunderstanding, and a dozen dead Decepticons. -1 fr time

6aj4x.gif
bedrock comet
grognax.gif
Avocado is also nastiness incarnate
Avocado is also nastiness incarnate
tumblr_oqb77mzwgv1tes27xo1_250.png47553_5c5b3bfa8a096bc3_I.gif57937_7b3d40124ad4a22d_I.gifdcaxhzs-1b02a1d8-7970-40c7-a7e7-d2c9aad1e938.gif67860_571e6c6360da3087_I.gif46504_ed14e8aee05bf109_I.gifFRSS_Banner_2018_FINALE_smol.pngMWJhT4K.png
[quote name="@ChickenOverlord" date="2019-05-04 14:34:31" ] for some reason cilantro tastes like soap to me and i don't know why, i also hate dried tomatos with a passion [/quote] Oh, I hate cilantro too. The reason is that there's a chemical in it that is found in soap, and we have a gene mutation that makes our noses especially sensitive to that smell. (Most people can't really smell that particular chemical, so it doesn't give cilantro a peculiar taste to them.) Because of the strong link between the nose and tasting, it affects how we perceive the taste of cilantro. The same chemical is also present in the exoskeleton of some beetles, including the beetle species that is used to make shellac for jellybeans. You probably also think jellybeans taste soapy and gross. Personally I love jellybeans, because the shellac flavor is quickly overwhelmed by the inside flavor. Cilantro is a definite nope, though.
@ChickenOverlord wrote on 2019-05-04 14:34:31:
for some reason cilantro tastes like soap to me and i don't know why, i also hate dried tomatos with a passion

Oh, I hate cilantro too. The reason is that there's a chemical in it that is found in soap, and we have a gene mutation that makes our noses especially sensitive to that smell. (Most people can't really smell that particular chemical, so it doesn't give cilantro a peculiar taste to them.) Because of the strong link between the nose and tasting, it affects how we perceive the taste of cilantro.

The same chemical is also present in the exoskeleton of some beetles, including the beetle species that is used to make shellac for jellybeans. You probably also think jellybeans taste soapy and gross. Personally I love jellybeans, because the shellac flavor is quickly overwhelmed by the inside flavor. Cilantro is a definite nope, though.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
Avocados and mangoes. They look so squishy and mushy, ew. Don’t like fish either, they taste and smell weird (when cooked, lol). I have more, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head.
Avocados and mangoes. They look so squishy and mushy, ew. Don’t like fish either, they taste and smell weird (when cooked, lol). I have more, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head.
yehet! oho, rat!----

J A E

She/They
INFJ | Gemini
USA: Fr+3
1157000853.png
-- tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
.-listen-

previously StarGatherer
LF swan lake vista
Avacado - tried it once, and don't have any plans to try it again.

Other than that, chips (or fries).

Avacado - tried it once, and don't have any plans to try it again.

Other than that, chips (or fries).

frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
I [I]hate[/I] peanuts, tomatoes, and popcorn, they are all [I]so[/I] disgusting[emoji=spiral deadpan size=2]
I hate peanuts, tomatoes, and popcorn, they are all so disgusting
J7D1quC.png
0zy2W7P.png
LEpJMnn.png
jA5A7gu.png
mushrooms and coffee
mushrooms and coffee
+2 FR time
he/they
I don't like the taste of carrot cake. Never did and never will.
I don't like the taste of carrot cake. Never did and never will.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14