Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | CLOSED
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I think it entirely depends on where you insert yourself into these fandoms. Certain circles of people are gonna be worse than others. This goes for just about every fandom. There's gonna be the bad people, who you just can't deal with, just like there will be chill, like-minded people you can hang out with instead. It's just a matter of finding those people.
I think it entirely depends on where you insert yourself into these fandoms. Certain circles of people are gonna be worse than others. This goes for just about every fandom. There's gonna be the bad people, who you just can't deal with, just like there will be chill, like-minded people you can hang out with instead. It's just a matter of finding those people.
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Stained Glass Adopts
Shh. Come here. I am an old man, only a couple years off from 30, and I have a secret for all of you. Are you ready to hear it?

The secret is...the bad people...and drama...
...you can ignore them. Just block/ignore/plain don't acknowledge them and all your troubles are magically whisked away!
Shh. Come here. I am an old man, only a couple years off from 30, and I have a secret for all of you. Are you ready to hear it?

The secret is...the bad people...and drama...
...you can ignore them. Just block/ignore/plain don't acknowledge them and all your troubles are magically whisked away!
breathe deep, seek peace
----
courier_pearl.gif
[quote name="@GreatLordHades" date="2018-11-14 15:15:09" ] has no one actually mentioned the GHOST fandom? that fandom that nearly drew GHOST out of vocaloid producing? that fandom? that harrassed GHOST for making a song have a narcissistic character? no? lame [/quote] OH was that all the candle queen drama?? God that was so stupid the song’s still a bop
@GreatLordHades wrote on 2018-11-14 15:15:09:
has no one actually mentioned the GHOST fandom? that fandom that nearly drew GHOST out of vocaloid producing? that fandom? that harrassed GHOST for making a song have a narcissistic character? no? lame
OH was that all the candle queen drama?? God that was so stupid the song’s still a bop
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
oof I read the title and immediately thought of the Voltron fandom

Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but the toxic "fans" that complain about any little thing that doesn't fit their wants are horrid. It has stained the fandom's name, and now people are scared off by the sheer hate these people are exuding.

If the relationship of a fictional character fills you with so much hatred towards others, you need to step back and think about some things.

Most fandoms have a little dark corner of maniacs, but Voltron needs to chill a bit
oof I read the title and immediately thought of the Voltron fandom

Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but the toxic "fans" that complain about any little thing that doesn't fit their wants are horrid. It has stained the fandom's name, and now people are scared off by the sheer hate these people are exuding.

If the relationship of a fictional character fills you with so much hatred towards others, you need to step back and think about some things.

Most fandoms have a little dark corner of maniacs, but Voltron needs to chill a bit
l9szmFh.jpg
Mass Effect. Please, god. Please quit with the ship wars.
Mass Effect. Please, god. Please quit with the ship wars.
hkazXyz.png
- he/him
- 25 y/o
- bird nerd
- pings + random frq ok!
52qPuy7.png
kpop fandom.
what are y'all even doing in there? i have never seen anything good about this fandom :(
kpop fandom.
what are y'all even doing in there? i have never seen anything good about this fandom :(
Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
HAHAHAHA, Voltron.

They want so many ships to become a reality, like "Klance" *shudders*. They can't even appreciate the show without screaming "OH MY GOSH KLANCE ADJAHSIDBSI"...
HAHAHAHA, Voltron.

They want so many ships to become a reality, like "Klance" *shudders*. They can't even appreciate the show without screaming "OH MY GOSH KLANCE ADJAHSIDBSI"...
[quote name="cocoagem" date="2018-12-14 08:11:40" ] kpop fandom. what are y'all even doing in there? i have never seen anything good about this fandom :( [/quote] This right here
cocoagem wrote on 2018-12-14 08:11:40:
kpop fandom.

This right here
........ deity_shadowbinder_by_dogi_crimson-da4xq7y.gif tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
oh my GODDDD the GHOST discourse. my friend is HEAVILY involved in it and keeps complaining about Candle Queen and like... while he has some points, for the most part, it just feels very like. I dunno if I'm articulating this well, but from what I know, it was made to vent about a person who was genuinely manipulative and abusive, wasn't 100% tactful about it, and people BLEW UP over it. Also, it was monetized because the person who wrote it NEEDED to get out of their living situation and needed the money. And people BLEW UP over it and got super upset. Like... there's a difference between critically saying "this thing is sort of bad but there's a reason behind it" and "GHOST is a Bad Person because of This Song!!!!"

I'm sorry if that was rude at all, it just... annoys me.

Also I once saw a Wings of Fire fan say that if you didn't like Darkstalker, you hated abuse victims, and that's when I decided not to be involved in the fanbase anymore. like, no offense, but did you Read the Book. (plus all the defense of objectively gross stuff in the books is Yikes)
oh my GODDDD the GHOST discourse. my friend is HEAVILY involved in it and keeps complaining about Candle Queen and like... while he has some points, for the most part, it just feels very like. I dunno if I'm articulating this well, but from what I know, it was made to vent about a person who was genuinely manipulative and abusive, wasn't 100% tactful about it, and people BLEW UP over it. Also, it was monetized because the person who wrote it NEEDED to get out of their living situation and needed the money. And people BLEW UP over it and got super upset. Like... there's a difference between critically saying "this thing is sort of bad but there's a reason behind it" and "GHOST is a Bad Person because of This Song!!!!"

I'm sorry if that was rude at all, it just... annoys me.

Also I once saw a Wings of Fire fan say that if you didn't like Darkstalker, you hated abuse victims, and that's when I decided not to be involved in the fanbase anymore. like, no offense, but did you Read the Book. (plus all the defense of objectively gross stuff in the books is Yikes)
143973s64ei05ghw.gif
1294430j4ozkwci0p.gif
487019ciadv6xfmv.gif
892701w3ywmqn4c6.gif
they/them, 21
ninbinarycatcher.png
1. Voltron. I've never watched the show, but WOW the people I know who are in the fandom are TERRIBLE about it.

2. MLP. Super toxic fandom overrun with grown adults who sexualize and reclaim childrens' cartoon characters.

3. K-Pop. Do I actually need to elaborate?

In Defense of...

I actually want to make the case that Undertale is (especially comparatively) not that bad of a fandom? Yes, it has its ugly parts, but this is a fandom that has produced a lot of gorgeous, respectful art and fan projects that are mind-blowing, including a complete, accurate musical based off of the game. Most of the shipping isn't too gross and seems to be just squealing over already canon relationships. From what I've seen, they can be problematic, but they're actually pretty cool (I'm not in this fandom, I just enjoy the game and side-eye the fandom).

Mystic Messenger's bad side can be really bad. That's completely fair. But the fandom's good side, from what I've seen, is really good, so I don't think it deserves a spot on this list.
1. Voltron. I've never watched the show, but WOW the people I know who are in the fandom are TERRIBLE about it.

2. MLP. Super toxic fandom overrun with grown adults who sexualize and reclaim childrens' cartoon characters.

3. K-Pop. Do I actually need to elaborate?

In Defense of...

I actually want to make the case that Undertale is (especially comparatively) not that bad of a fandom? Yes, it has its ugly parts, but this is a fandom that has produced a lot of gorgeous, respectful art and fan projects that are mind-blowing, including a complete, accurate musical based off of the game. Most of the shipping isn't too gross and seems to be just squealing over already canon relationships. From what I've seen, they can be problematic, but they're actually pretty cool (I'm not in this fandom, I just enjoy the game and side-eye the fandom).

Mystic Messenger's bad side can be really bad. That's completely fair. But the fandom's good side, from what I've seen, is really good, so I don't think it deserves a spot on this list.
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8