Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragon Book Club - who wants in
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="EarlyGrey" date="2018-06-13 03:37:40" ] Well, my coy of Dragonflight still eludes me! I've found my copy of Dragonquest, Eragon, even Legends of the Dragonrealm by Richard A. Knaak. I know I've put it someplace "safe". Which probably means I won't find it until I resign to ordering another copy! [/quote] Ahh yes I've got similar things in such very "safe" places!
EarlyGrey wrote on 2018-06-13 03:37:40:
Well, my coy of Dragonflight still eludes me! I've found my copy of Dragonquest, Eragon, even Legends of the Dragonrealm by Richard A. Knaak.

I know I've put it someplace "safe". Which probably means I won't find it until I resign to ordering another copy!

Ahh yes I've got similar things in such very "safe" places!
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
Oh this sounds really fun! please ping me about this

Also for everyone missing their copies or needing copies Half Priced Books nearly always has two or three copies in their clearance books sections. If those are anywhere near you check 'em out!
Oh this sounds really fun! please ping me about this

Also for everyone missing their copies or needing copies Half Priced Books nearly always has two or three copies in their clearance books sections. If those are anywhere near you check 'em out!
Ibadges.png 1SzXxst.png
Glad to have you join in @SomethingSmarmy and for the tip on where to get them!

Roll Call time!
@Dragoneirre @ChocolateDragon @VarianAlchemist @WoodenPangolin @EarlyGrey @SalishSea @Cersai @Epioth @SomethingSmarmy

Anyone can still join in, but for those who've already shown interest how are things going? Have you bought/found/borrowed your copy of Dragonflight and if so have you got anywhere reading it? End of the first book is the target for this weekend, but of course if everyone zooms past we can go further.
Glad to have you join in @SomethingSmarmy and for the tip on where to get them!

Roll Call time!
@Dragoneirre @ChocolateDragon @VarianAlchemist @WoodenPangolin @EarlyGrey @SalishSea @Cersai @Epioth @SomethingSmarmy

Anyone can still join in, but for those who've already shown interest how are things going? Have you bought/found/borrowed your copy of Dragonflight and if so have you got anywhere reading it? End of the first book is the target for this weekend, but of course if everyone zooms past we can go further.
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
@overread I've just got my copy of Dragonflight from the library today, but I have not started to read it yet. I haven't read any of the Dragonriders of Pern novels, so I'm exited to start soon
@overread I've just got my copy of Dragonflight from the library today, but I have not started to read it yet. I haven't read any of the Dragonriders of Pern novels, so I'm exited to start soon
@Overread I'm picking up my copy from the library when it opens tomorrow! I'm a fairly fast reader, so I should be on track by the end of the week. c:
@Overread I'm picking up my copy from the library when it opens tomorrow! I'm a fairly fast reader, so I should be on track by the end of the week. c:
Eee I'm so hyped to get back into reading fantasy with you guys! :) This should be fun.

I've just resigned and ordered myself another copy off of amazon; it only cost me £2.77 so it definitely didn't break the bank!
It should arrive at some point in the next week, if my lost copy doesn't appear before then. Will let you all know when it arrives!
Eee I'm so hyped to get back into reading fantasy with you guys! :) This should be fun.

I've just resigned and ordered myself another copy off of amazon; it only cost me £2.77 so it definitely didn't break the bank!
It should arrive at some point in the next week, if my lost copy doesn't appear before then. Will let you all know when it arrives!
tDAcVLz.png
@Overread
I don't have a copy yet, but it's on hold at the library and I should be able to get it soon! :)
@Overread
I don't have a copy yet, but it's on hold at the library and I should be able to get it soon! :)
Okay, something neat, but unrelated, I wanted to share with y'all, but my library has this construction project going on outside the front door, and they just recently set out this big board with information on the project. I should note that this library is both a public library, and it doubles as the library for one of the nearby colleges. Anyway, apparently they were approved to get funding from the college to build a solar-powered car charging station both as a sort of science project while also educating the public about solar energy. Pretty cool!
Okay, something neat, but unrelated, I wanted to share with y'all, but my library has this construction project going on outside the front door, and they just recently set out this big board with information on the project. I should note that this library is both a public library, and it doubles as the library for one of the nearby colleges. Anyway, apparently they were approved to get funding from the college to build a solar-powered car charging station both as a sort of science project while also educating the public about solar energy. Pretty cool!
My library doesn't have the book, so I'm going to get the audio-book! I've read the book before so hopefully I can read/listen through it quicker than a new book.
My library doesn't have the book, so I'm going to get the audio-book! I've read the book before so hopefully I can read/listen through it quicker than a new book.
vista_pc2.pngvista_pc2.png
Look what arrived today! <3 [img]https://image.ibb.co/fgZA5J/img_3297_1.jpg[/img] I'm quite delighted actually because I was expecting the First Chronicle of Pern book cover (with Steve Weston's artwork). But this means even if my other book reappears, it's not an exact dublicate! It's got me wondering though, for those of you who have the book already, what cover/ print edition is your copy?
Look what arrived today! <3

img_3297_1.jpg

I'm quite delighted actually because I was expecting the First Chronicle of Pern book cover (with Steve Weston's artwork). But this means even if my other book reappears, it's not an exact dublicate!

It's got me wondering though, for those of you who have the book already, what cover/ print edition is your copy?
tDAcVLz.png
1 2 3 4 5