Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | sub vs dub?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Definitely subs, most dubs just don't capture the same feeling as the original voice actors. The only anime I've seen dubs for are Soul Eater, FMAB, and My Hero Academia, but that's because I was re-watching them :)
Definitely subs, most dubs just don't capture the same feeling as the original voice actors. The only anime I've seen dubs for are Soul Eater, FMAB, and My Hero Academia, but that's because I was re-watching them :)
tumblr_inline_nwu3oenklP1t7d5o3_500.gif
mostly sub, unless the dub has bearable voices. I always have subtitles for as many shows as I can anyway, so it's not any different for me.
mostly sub, unless the dub has bearable voices. I always have subtitles for as many shows as I can anyway, so it's not any different for me.
dDVbBvO.pngaOKWJGu.gif
Dubs for me. If I wanted to read, I'd pick up a book. I can't take in and enjoy what's going on on the screen if I have to read subtitles.
Dubs for me. If I wanted to read, I'd pick up a book. I can't take in and enjoy what's going on on the screen if I have to read subtitles.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
i switch out sometimes, but its mostly subs since japanese (if we're talking only anime) seems to have more emotion and doesnt sound as awkward especially if ur not fluent in japanese *****.
i switch out sometimes, but its mostly subs since japanese (if we're talking only anime) seems to have more emotion and doesnt sound as awkward especially if ur not fluent in japanese *****.
9o0aDxU.gif
Dub, because reading the subtitles can make it hard to notice what else is in the picture. It's easier to notice the small details.

Or I may just have a personal vendetta against subtitles because the only one I've watched subbed ended up to be a really boring show, I couldn't remember anything about it, and I had a nightmare of one of the characters murdering me. Maybe it's just that only the better shows get dubs.
Dub, because reading the subtitles can make it hard to notice what else is in the picture. It's easier to notice the small details.

Or I may just have a personal vendetta against subtitles because the only one I've watched subbed ended up to be a really boring show, I couldn't remember anything about it, and I had a nightmare of one of the characters murdering me. Maybe it's just that only the better shows get dubs.
Mg9qSuP.gif
Subs. I like the Japanese voices better, and I like learning Japanese at the same time. And I also always have subtitles on for every show I watch, so it's just habit to read subtitles by now anyway.
Subs. I like the Japanese voices better, and I like learning Japanese at the same time. And I also always have subtitles on for every show I watch, so it's just habit to read subtitles by now anyway.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
It really depends since some dubs tell a different story than the original version (or in some older anime series, completely alters the series from the original premise and might combine two or more series into one new story). But I usually prefer the sub.

Doesn't hurt that I'm also a big fan of tokusatsu hero series, and most attempts at dubs for those (and I'm not even counting Power Rangers, just the few official dubs like "Dynaman") have been disasters. The old Ultraman dubs are one of the few exceptions, but even some of those have altered the story significantly.
It really depends since some dubs tell a different story than the original version (or in some older anime series, completely alters the series from the original premise and might combine two or more series into one new story). But I usually prefer the sub.

Doesn't hurt that I'm also a big fan of tokusatsu hero series, and most attempts at dubs for those (and I'm not even counting Power Rangers, just the few official dubs like "Dynaman") have been disasters. The old Ultraman dubs are one of the few exceptions, but even some of those have altered the story significantly.
Formerly known as Brenning.
Sub over dub unless dub is already well known to be better than the sub.
Sub over dub unless dub is already well known to be better than the sub.
kZ05qh2.png
I definitely prefer subs but I'm fine with dubs as long as they're good
I definitely prefer subs but I'm fine with dubs as long as they're good
tumblr_oqb77mzwgv1tes27xo1_250.png47553_5c5b3bfa8a096bc3_I.gif57937_7b3d40124ad4a22d_I.gifdcaxhzs-1b02a1d8-7970-40c7-a7e7-d2c9aad1e938.gif67860_571e6c6360da3087_I.gif46504_ed14e8aee05bf109_I.gifFRSS_Banner_2018_FINALE_smol.pngMWJhT4K.png
Dubbed, you wouldn't believe how many people have snubbed and shamed for saying that. Listen, you can be purist all you want(general you) but I can't read subs without missing half of what's doing on on the screen, dubbed means that 1) I can play it while I do other things and 2)I can enjoy the actual thing I'm watching.

I probably sound really defensive but I've been shamed and called out by like all my anime enjoying friends and to be honest it's turned me off enjoying anime as a whole.
Dubbed, you wouldn't believe how many people have snubbed and shamed for saying that. Listen, you can be purist all you want(general you) but I can't read subs without missing half of what's doing on on the screen, dubbed means that 1) I can play it while I do other things and 2)I can enjoy the actual thing I'm watching.

I probably sound really defensive but I've been shamed and called out by like all my anime enjoying friends and to be honest it's turned me off enjoying anime as a whole.
9hqcHsy.png
tn0RSo5.png
Tl1dGxE.png
tyEuRXe.png
fkWjutW.png
75550883.png
Viktor | They/Them | CST-6
tqGkHih.pngbYt72YT.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9