Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Nonbinary stories
1 2 3
Hello, friends! I was surprised that we (nb ppl) are not prohibited here on FR. 'Cause in my country's social networks we're called mad, we're haunted and stalked by ppl who hate us (alot). I was so happy to find FR forums!
So if you don't mind I want to read your stories.

Here's mine.
I remember myself since I was 3,5 y.o. The first time I asked my granny about why my body doesn't seem like mine was when I was six. She laughed and thought I was joking or so. But she's a very old lady and I was little so I understand her. The next time I had questions was when I was twelve but that was the time of my illness when all my world fell down. So I forgot about anything than my health. And then I was fourteen. I told my parents I feel odd in my body. I told them I'm feeling like it doesn't belong to my genger. Well, at that time I had no Internet and I haven't any idea of what's going on. At the age of seventeen I accidentally found information about trasgender pll in the Internet. Well, I didn't know that it was something strange. I was naive and thought that it's normal to tell my parent who I am. I was so so happy to tell them! They thought I became a psycho. They took me to psychologist but she told them I was normal and they need to treat me as I want. They still call me with not proper name tho. It's a pity but they're a bit old and I love them so much so I forgive them. Now I'm workink with my psychotherapist (not on this question) and he tells me again and again that we are normal ppl. I think I'm a semi-open 'cause my Internet friends and family knows who I am and I don't take part in social life so I live like I live. Nonbinary ppl are really hated in our country and I just don't know how to tell any man about who I am. I'm not afraid 'cause we're simple ppl and we're normal but Idk how to begin the story and tell others not to call me as I hate. The other side is that some other nb ppl call me 'not true' only 'cause I can't change my body by an operation. My health is very bad and there's a 40% chance that I'll die while doing this so I don't want to risk. I learned how to love my body the way it it tho I take special meds to feel more agender. It helps.

And what are your stories?
Hello, friends! I was surprised that we (nb ppl) are not prohibited here on FR. 'Cause in my country's social networks we're called mad, we're haunted and stalked by ppl who hate us (alot). I was so happy to find FR forums!
So if you don't mind I want to read your stories.

Here's mine.
I remember myself since I was 3,5 y.o. The first time I asked my granny about why my body doesn't seem like mine was when I was six. She laughed and thought I was joking or so. But she's a very old lady and I was little so I understand her. The next time I had questions was when I was twelve but that was the time of my illness when all my world fell down. So I forgot about anything than my health. And then I was fourteen. I told my parents I feel odd in my body. I told them I'm feeling like it doesn't belong to my genger. Well, at that time I had no Internet and I haven't any idea of what's going on. At the age of seventeen I accidentally found information about trasgender pll in the Internet. Well, I didn't know that it was something strange. I was naive and thought that it's normal to tell my parent who I am. I was so so happy to tell them! They thought I became a psycho. They took me to psychologist but she told them I was normal and they need to treat me as I want. They still call me with not proper name tho. It's a pity but they're a bit old and I love them so much so I forgive them. Now I'm workink with my psychotherapist (not on this question) and he tells me again and again that we are normal ppl. I think I'm a semi-open 'cause my Internet friends and family knows who I am and I don't take part in social life so I live like I live. Nonbinary ppl are really hated in our country and I just don't know how to tell any man about who I am. I'm not afraid 'cause we're simple ppl and we're normal but Idk how to begin the story and tell others not to call me as I hate. The other side is that some other nb ppl call me 'not true' only 'cause I can't change my body by an operation. My health is very bad and there's a 40% chance that I'll die while doing this so I don't want to risk. I learned how to love my body the way it it tho I take special meds to feel more agender. It helps.

And what are your stories?
mommabanner_by_leikatay-d8r9d9h.gif
[quote]Hello, friends! I was surprised that we (nb ppl) are not prohibited here on FR.[/quote] Yeah, FR's a pretty comfy place. Actually quite a few post here. (BTW, not NB but I'm making a friendly bump for this post.)
Quote:
Hello, friends! I was surprised that we (nb ppl) are not prohibited here on FR.
Yeah, FR's a pretty comfy place. Actually quite a few post here.

(BTW, not NB but I'm making a friendly bump for this post.)
My writing project.
I'm giving a lil bump to this post.
I'm giving a lil bump to this post.
Hi! So... I only started hearing about this nb world, outside of TV/movie stereotypes, maybe a year or two ago? But exploring the subject has helped me to answer some questions I had about myself while raising others... I don't feel comfortable discussing it with anyone, however, because I feel like the terms I use or my understanding would be incorrect or inaccurate. But I have attempted doing so with my mother and a sibling; I think they get it and I know they won't judge me no matter where my journey of self-discovery leads me. That's what's important right now.

I wish you all the best. :)
Hi! So... I only started hearing about this nb world, outside of TV/movie stereotypes, maybe a year or two ago? But exploring the subject has helped me to answer some questions I had about myself while raising others... I don't feel comfortable discussing it with anyone, however, because I feel like the terms I use or my understanding would be incorrect or inaccurate. But I have attempted doing so with my mother and a sibling; I think they get it and I know they won't judge me no matter where my journey of self-discovery leads me. That's what's important right now.

I wish you all the best. :)
neutralvs1.pngWVTSPY.pngneutralvs1.png
one time my uncle called me a boy and i beat him with jumper cables
one time my uncle called me a boy and i beat him with jumper cables
@TigerLily
Oh, I know the feel. Same was with me. I've never heard something about nb world before and that was a but confusing. Even now I'm afraid I can call someone with not a proper way and that will upset them. Well, I'm trying to learn more for my and others' comfort rn.

I wish you good luck ~
@TigerLily
Oh, I know the feel. Same was with me. I've never heard something about nb world before and that was a but confusing. Even now I'm afraid I can call someone with not a proper way and that will upset them. Well, I'm trying to learn more for my and others' comfort rn.

I wish you good luck ~
Thanks~

I'm good at staying silent and just watching most of the time. It may seem creepy to others (lol) but it's just my way of trying to understand, and when I do speak up it's awkward anyway. But I wanted to speak up this time, lend a voice, however tentative, to the group.
Thanks~

I'm good at staying silent and just watching most of the time. It may seem creepy to others (lol) but it's just my way of trying to understand, and when I do speak up it's awkward anyway. But I wanted to speak up this time, lend a voice, however tentative, to the group.
neutralvs1.pngWVTSPY.pngneutralvs1.png
I find it kind of funny that actual nb characters don't really exist in the TV/media universe yet in like every movie TV show and book there are alien/non-human characters that follow the 'western' gender binary? Like do you really think every sentient life form out there exists in a gender binary (one exception being Slaughter House Five)?
So if any of you guys knows of a TV show or movie or whatever that has an alternate gender main character, let me know!
I find it kind of funny that actual nb characters don't really exist in the TV/media universe yet in like every movie TV show and book there are alien/non-human characters that follow the 'western' gender binary? Like do you really think every sentient life form out there exists in a gender binary (one exception being Slaughter House Five)?
So if any of you guys knows of a TV show or movie or whatever that has an alternate gender main character, let me know!
@DaniPhantom

One of my favourite book series (The Pride of Chanur) has a species (the Stsho) that has four genders. A male equivalent, a female equivalent, an "inderterminate" (it is an OLD series so the language is a little odd, but the term used now would be nonbinary) and a fourth only reached through great age.

There are no main characters of this species, as such, but there are major ones. Only the indeterminate gender deals with members of other species.

Likewise, another species in the same verse appears to ignore gender altogether. I think male pronouns are used for all, but that may simply be the standard from the point of view of the species the narrative is from. Their genders are never mentioned, iirc.
@DaniPhantom

One of my favourite book series (The Pride of Chanur) has a species (the Stsho) that has four genders. A male equivalent, a female equivalent, an "inderterminate" (it is an OLD series so the language is a little odd, but the term used now would be nonbinary) and a fourth only reached through great age.

There are no main characters of this species, as such, but there are major ones. Only the indeterminate gender deals with members of other species.

Likewise, another species in the same verse appears to ignore gender altogether. I think male pronouns are used for all, but that may simply be the standard from the point of view of the species the narrative is from. Their genders are never mentioned, iirc.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
[quote name="@DaniPhantom" date=2017-05-26 14:08:28] I find it kind of funny that actual nb characters don't really exist in the TV/media. [/quote] Oh they exist, just mostly in Sci-Fi (and even then slightly rare in appearance, I think I remember anthology shows having them once) with success varying wildly. Star Trek TNG in fact made a whole planet where everyone is NB, and it is against the law to be binary. Went about as you'd expect, I dunno if I'd call it worth a watch or not. Also the whole ancillary series just throws gender out the window completely, now that one is done right and is worth a read.
@DaniPhantom wrote on 2017-05-26:
I find it kind of funny that actual nb characters don't really exist in the TV/media.
Oh they exist, just mostly in Sci-Fi (and even then slightly rare in appearance, I think I remember anthology shows having them once) with success varying wildly. Star Trek TNG in fact made a whole planet where everyone is NB, and it is against the law to be binary. Went about as you'd expect, I dunno if I'd call it worth a watch or not.

Also the whole ancillary series just throws gender out the window completely, now that one is done right and is worth a read.
My writing project.
1 2 3