Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | conflicting aesthetics
1 2 3 4
YES i get this totally. I have like very different aesthetics and subcultures and they each correlate to who I want to be in life? let me explain.

Part of me is very much so into the foggy forrest and mountain aesthetic. Thrifted clothing, flannel, the tv show supernatural, etc. Kind of the dark rustic natural aesthetic if that makes sense? The hair style I attach to this is wavy ash brown hair thats medium to long in length. Music taste is more indie, alternative music, and oldies rock. Dream career fields: cryptozoology, museum currator, homesteader, librarian

Another part of me is super into kitschy and colorful party kei type stuff. Bright colorful clothing, lisa frank, glitter, 90s birthday party motifs, casual Trixie Mattel makeup. Hair style is a bob thats a bunch of pastel colors, and the music taste is like 2000s pop music. Dream career fields: fashion designer, make up artist

I'm also really into seapunk-basically vaporwave but where the focus is the sea. Dolphins, greek pillars and statues, orbs, and waves. Neon blue or green hair, the longer the better. Other than seapunk music, I'd say edm or edm pop would also be a go. Dream career fields: dj, musician

and finally, dark boho/goth/witchy. I would describe this as animal skulls, dried herbs, crystals, taxidermy, and deep within the forrest. This has a good deal of overlap with the first one, but its worth a seperate nod because these clothes would be a lot darker-long flowing skirts, animal bone jewelry, and wearing all or mostly black. Hair would depend, but dark in color no matter what-probably unnatural too, and kept either loose or in viking braids. Music taste would be on the alternative and metal border-something like In This Moment's new album, Nico Vega, etc. Dream Careers: artist, taxidermist, skeleton articulator, psychologist/criminal psychologist

but since I love them all and cant pick one or mesh them into one I'm just kinda emo and not put together fashionwise, nor do i have any clue as to what I want to do.
YES i get this totally. I have like very different aesthetics and subcultures and they each correlate to who I want to be in life? let me explain.

Part of me is very much so into the foggy forrest and mountain aesthetic. Thrifted clothing, flannel, the tv show supernatural, etc. Kind of the dark rustic natural aesthetic if that makes sense? The hair style I attach to this is wavy ash brown hair thats medium to long in length. Music taste is more indie, alternative music, and oldies rock. Dream career fields: cryptozoology, museum currator, homesteader, librarian

Another part of me is super into kitschy and colorful party kei type stuff. Bright colorful clothing, lisa frank, glitter, 90s birthday party motifs, casual Trixie Mattel makeup. Hair style is a bob thats a bunch of pastel colors, and the music taste is like 2000s pop music. Dream career fields: fashion designer, make up artist

I'm also really into seapunk-basically vaporwave but where the focus is the sea. Dolphins, greek pillars and statues, orbs, and waves. Neon blue or green hair, the longer the better. Other than seapunk music, I'd say edm or edm pop would also be a go. Dream career fields: dj, musician

and finally, dark boho/goth/witchy. I would describe this as animal skulls, dried herbs, crystals, taxidermy, and deep within the forrest. This has a good deal of overlap with the first one, but its worth a seperate nod because these clothes would be a lot darker-long flowing skirts, animal bone jewelry, and wearing all or mostly black. Hair would depend, but dark in color no matter what-probably unnatural too, and kept either loose or in viking braids. Music taste would be on the alternative and metal border-something like In This Moment's new album, Nico Vega, etc. Dream Careers: artist, taxidermist, skeleton articulator, psychologist/criminal psychologist

but since I love them all and cant pick one or mesh them into one I'm just kinda emo and not put together fashionwise, nor do i have any clue as to what I want to do.
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
[quote name="Ichored" date=2017-04-02 20:02:33] tbh my aesthetic flickers between pristine, angelic pastels and dark, gory scenes like... hourly [/quote] relatable
Ichored wrote on 2017-04-02:
tbh my aesthetic flickers between pristine, angelic pastels and dark, gory scenes like... hourly

relatable
+3 hr FR Time
She/Her
1 2 3 4