Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | fav movie(s) of all time?
1 2 3 4 5
@slytherinelite why did they kill all my fav dwarves off?! Thanks Tolkien
@slytherinelite why did they kill all my fav dwarves off?! Thanks Tolkien
xulc4O8.png
mulan is probs my favorite movie.
also really like spirited away, princess mononoke, watership down, and song of the sea. moana looks like it's gonna be up there but i've only seen it once.
mulan is probs my favorite movie.
also really like spirited away, princess mononoke, watership down, and song of the sea. moana looks like it's gonna be up there but i've only seen it once.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
Heathers and Repo! The Genetic Opera are my two go-tos.
Heathers because of its specific brand of dark satire. And Winona Ryder. I love the truly teenage mentality behind it, plus I think it's the funniest thing I've possibly ever seen.
Repo! The Genetic Opera is the textbook definition of cult masterpiece, as trite as that sounds... I love the over-the-top stylization. And I love that it's not a comedy, as every other horror musical is. Mostly, I love it because of the love that was put into it.
Also, I have fantastic memories of watching them both with friends ^^
Heathers and Repo! The Genetic Opera are my two go-tos.
Heathers because of its specific brand of dark satire. And Winona Ryder. I love the truly teenage mentality behind it, plus I think it's the funniest thing I've possibly ever seen.
Repo! The Genetic Opera is the textbook definition of cult masterpiece, as trite as that sounds... I love the over-the-top stylization. And I love that it's not a comedy, as every other horror musical is. Mostly, I love it because of the love that was put into it.
Also, I have fantastic memories of watching them both with friends ^^
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
@FrozenBarioth @BadboyJesus
Seconding spirited away! Such a happy, beautiful movie, it's my standard suggestion.
@FrozenBarioth @BadboyJesus
Seconding spirited away! Such a happy, beautiful movie, it's my standard suggestion.
DOjF2sA.pngveAGxvx.gif
@FrozenBarioth Tolkien - the reason several thousand people's hearts all broke. The heartbreaking mastermind. The destroyer of hearts and make up (for me, personally)

But yayyyy, we share the same faves! Fili, Kili & Thorin LIVE ON... in our hearts </3
@FrozenBarioth Tolkien - the reason several thousand people's hearts all broke. The heartbreaking mastermind. The destroyer of hearts and make up (for me, personally)

But yayyyy, we share the same faves! Fili, Kili & Thorin LIVE ON... in our hearts </3
Or perhaps in Slytherin, you'll make real friends
The Lion King, The Lion King II, and The Lion King 1 1/2. I just really love The Lion King in general.
The Lion King, The Lion King II, and The Lion King 1 1/2. I just really love The Lion King in general.
"Oh, I don't know, I was really hoping for a huge sign on the wall saying 'Kryx's Legacy Clues Here!'"
Like @FalconRex121 I have to say Repo! The Genetic Opera, as well as two projects from a lot of the same people; The Devil's Carnival and The Devil's Carnival Alleluia!. Sadly, both projects got the plug pulled prematurely. Anyway, they are both tacky goth musicals with amazing costumes and fun numbers. Really different all the same though, Repo! is much more whimsical, TDC more classy or whatever... (low bar tbh)

Also Being John Malkovich. The movie was actually written without Malkovich's knowledge, and he decided to play in it after the awkward proposal. It was utter nonsense and perfect. So surreal and off. I don't have words for it, really, like I can't get into detail because its just too strange.

My all time favorite has to be the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie (which as has Malkovich lol). Some people dislike it because it wasn't true to the books, which was the dumbest thing I ever heard. The books were based off a radio series, but those two were not perfectly the same, and then came the BBC series, which was more true to the books but also had some radio elements. And, Douglas Adams specifically does not care about cannon. He says this, a lot. He loves confusion, ad he wrote a lot in the movie. It was genius, it really was. My only complain is that Marvin wasn't pathetic looking enough. But the casting was flawlesss. Alan Rickman as a depressed robot? Gods yes. And, I don't know what it is, but Martin Freeman is great for the begrudging, homesick protagonist. And Zoey Deshanel whatever you get it doesn't make a good Trillian imo, but since Trillian was merged with Fenchurch, and Fenchurch is the Manic Pixie Dream girl, it worked well. That movie was really, really amazing. And the intro song? Priceless.
Like @FalconRex121 I have to say Repo! The Genetic Opera, as well as two projects from a lot of the same people; The Devil's Carnival and The Devil's Carnival Alleluia!. Sadly, both projects got the plug pulled prematurely. Anyway, they are both tacky goth musicals with amazing costumes and fun numbers. Really different all the same though, Repo! is much more whimsical, TDC more classy or whatever... (low bar tbh)

Also Being John Malkovich. The movie was actually written without Malkovich's knowledge, and he decided to play in it after the awkward proposal. It was utter nonsense and perfect. So surreal and off. I don't have words for it, really, like I can't get into detail because its just too strange.

My all time favorite has to be the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie (which as has Malkovich lol). Some people dislike it because it wasn't true to the books, which was the dumbest thing I ever heard. The books were based off a radio series, but those two were not perfectly the same, and then came the BBC series, which was more true to the books but also had some radio elements. And, Douglas Adams specifically does not care about cannon. He says this, a lot. He loves confusion, ad he wrote a lot in the movie. It was genius, it really was. My only complain is that Marvin wasn't pathetic looking enough. But the casting was flawlesss. Alan Rickman as a depressed robot? Gods yes. And, I don't know what it is, but Martin Freeman is great for the begrudging, homesick protagonist. And Zoey Deshanel whatever you get it doesn't make a good Trillian imo, but since Trillian was merged with Fenchurch, and Fenchurch is the Manic Pixie Dream girl, it worked well. That movie was really, really amazing. And the intro song? Priceless.
Ever After is probably my longest of long time favorites.
Ever After is probably my longest of long time favorites.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
I usually prefer tv series, but for movies, definitely the How to Train Your Dragon movies.
I usually prefer tv series, but for movies, definitely the How to Train Your Dragon movies.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
@LizardKing I've seen TDC! I I liked the aesthetic but I couldn't get into the story nearly as much. No dirt on it though, Terrance Zdunich is a genius
@LizardKing I've seen TDC! I I liked the aesthetic but I couldn't get into the story nearly as much. No dirt on it though, Terrance Zdunich is a genius
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
1 2 3 4 5