Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | FR Self Care Thread
1 2 3
@ashotinthedark This. Especially when a Lush bath bomb is involved.
Screenshot_485.png
[quote name="Servalan" date=2016-11-06 13:48:31] @ashotinthedark This. Especially when a Lush bath bomb is involved. [/quote] Just bought some bath salts the other day. With all the ruckus going on recently, I think I'll use them tonight. :')
Servalan wrote on 2016-11-06:

Just bought some bath salts the other day. With all the ruckus going on recently, I think I'll use them tonight. :')
100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png
Hey y'all. Just thought I'd start off the day with a little encouraging message for anyone that happens to stop by. For anyone out there reading, today is a new day and yesterday is dead, so be done with it! Don't let the pain, mistakes, and regret of yesterday taint this perfect new day with it's shadow. Live in the light of the knowledge that you can start over, do better, and have a good day!
Hey y'all. Just thought I'd start off the day with a little encouraging message for anyone that happens to stop by. For anyone out there reading, today is a new day and yesterday is dead, so be done with it! Don't let the pain, mistakes, and regret of yesterday taint this perfect new day with it's shadow. Live in the light of the knowledge that you can start over, do better, and have a good day!
100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png
Hey guys, if you ever feel like you just need to get something off your chest, check out this website I found!
http://thequietplaceproject.com/thethoughtsroom/?page=thethoughtsroom&lang=
Hey guys, if you ever feel like you just need to get something off your chest, check out this website I found!
http://thequietplaceproject.com/thethoughtsroom/?page=thethoughtsroom&lang=
This is my favorite resource for alternative coping strategies for self-injury. It's broken down by intention and desire, and provides alternate behaviors based on the wanted outcome.

And this is a great resource to remind ourselves of what we should do and how we should check in with ourselves before throwing in the towel.
This is my favorite resource for alternative coping strategies for self-injury. It's broken down by intention and desire, and provides alternate behaviors based on the wanted outcome.

And this is a great resource to remind ourselves of what we should do and how we should check in with ourselves before throwing in the towel.
0PqvHjq.png
@LanguageVirus

Wow! Those are great! I'll add them to the main page. (Also, that second one is quite useful to me right now. So thank you!)
@LanguageVirus

Wow! Those are great! I'll add them to the main page. (Also, that second one is quite useful to me right now. So thank you!)
@UnderTheStairs

I think an important self care technique is find something you are passionate about and find other people who are also passionate about it. And then talk about it, figure out projects, anything. Heck, even a spreadsheet could work as a project. Having something that you feel is worth doing can make a world of difference.

Unfortunately, it's important if you are stuck with only computer access, but forums can be used to achieve some conversation anyway.
@UnderTheStairs

I think an important self care technique is find something you are passionate about and find other people who are also passionate about it. And then talk about it, figure out projects, anything. Heck, even a spreadsheet could work as a project. Having something that you feel is worth doing can make a world of difference.

Unfortunately, it's important if you are stuck with only computer access, but forums can be used to achieve some conversation anyway.
LxbWmll.png
@unidra

Thanks for the advice! I'll add it to the main page.
You're certainly right, finding something to do gives one a sense of purpose, this really helped me a while back when I decided to try out guerrilla art.
@unidra

Thanks for the advice! I'll add it to the main page.
You're certainly right, finding something to do gives one a sense of purpose, this really helped me a while back when I decided to try out guerrilla art.
If you are feeling useless, and have just lost faith in humanity, freerice.com is a simple way to help contribute to ending world hunger. By answering easy questions, on various subjects, they will donate rice to third-world countries. It's all add revenue, and it seems legit from the (admittedly small) amount of research I e done.

A tip: if you are feeling sad, it is okay to cry. That helps you release the feeling and take a more objective look at the situation. Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but in overwhelming circumstances, jotting down everything in a list, and then prioritizing really helps me calm down.
If you are feeling useless, and have just lost faith in humanity, freerice.com is a simple way to help contribute to ending world hunger. By answering easy questions, on various subjects, they will donate rice to third-world countries. It's all add revenue, and it seems legit from the (admittedly small) amount of research I e done.

A tip: if you are feeling sad, it is okay to cry. That helps you release the feeling and take a more objective look at the situation. Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but in overwhelming circumstances, jotting down everything in a list, and then prioritizing really helps me calm down.
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

Might sound weird, but sticking your head out the window and taking a good breathe is a good way to calm down and avoid a headache. You can also leave your window open, fresh and chilly air is sometimes the best cure.
Might sound weird, but sticking your head out the window and taking a good breathe is a good way to calm down and avoid a headache. You can also leave your window open, fresh and chilly air is sometimes the best cure.
h
1 2 3