Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Here Be Plants
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Everyone plants look so pretty! I had a cactus once but my mom poked herself with it and threw it away. I had some orchids once but they Ended up dying.
Everyone plants look so pretty! I had a cactus once but my mom poked herself with it and threw it away. I had some orchids once but they Ended up dying.
extra-wing-left.png9PfTMVf.pngextra-wing-right.png
My first Eco cube update!

So, after keeping the soil slightly wet, and keeping it as warm as I could and in bright places, about three weeks, I saw s first little sprout!! :D a couple weeks later and two other ones have also sprouted!! I'm super excited to see the growth of these guys C:

Uh2RIpG.jpg

Would anyone like to suggest names for each sprout? :D
My first Eco cube update!

So, after keeping the soil slightly wet, and keeping it as warm as I could and in bright places, about three weeks, I saw s first little sprout!! :D a couple weeks later and two other ones have also sprouted!! I'm super excited to see the growth of these guys C:

Uh2RIpG.jpg

Would anyone like to suggest names for each sprout? :D
RpJRPaD.png
uGR9lra.png
EuyQ8QK.png
QuQZYv7.png
a
Hi all!

So I successfully got a starter root from this guy, and I chopped him from the stem he was on! He's the second baby spider so far to successfully root and I have hope for him!

I'm letting him root a little more in water before I put him in soil like his sibling that I put in soil a couple days ago C:

Sx6sjxB.jpg

How I root spiderettes is by getting an old CD and putting it over a pot/glass of water! Then, as you can see I put the plant in the hole in the middle. This means that it's supported and doesn't fall all the way into the water. It's something my Nana showed me!
Hi all!

So I successfully got a starter root from this guy, and I chopped him from the stem he was on! He's the second baby spider so far to successfully root and I have hope for him!

I'm letting him root a little more in water before I put him in soil like his sibling that I put in soil a couple days ago C:

Sx6sjxB.jpg

How I root spiderettes is by getting an old CD and putting it over a pot/glass of water! Then, as you can see I put the plant in the hole in the middle. This means that it's supported and doesn't fall all the way into the water. It's something my Nana showed me!
RpJRPaD.png
uGR9lra.png
EuyQ8QK.png
QuQZYv7.png
a
Anyone have experience with Majestic Palms?

Mine was doing fine, but almost all the fronds died and its very wilty. Tried watering more, not helping. Gave it coffee grounds in the soil... that doesn't seem to help.

It is pretty cold in my apartment, so maybe that's it? Or not enough sun? The blinds are open.
Anyone have experience with Majestic Palms?

Mine was doing fine, but almost all the fronds died and its very wilty. Tried watering more, not helping. Gave it coffee grounds in the soil... that doesn't seem to help.

It is pretty cold in my apartment, so maybe that's it? Or not enough sun? The blinds are open.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
@Reefknot
Ooooh, I didn't know that spider plant flowers were as pretty as that! I used to look at spider plants as quite common and mundane, but those flowers certainly make them more striking! I've seen plenty of spider plants in real life before; yet never seen one flowering before!
@Reefknot
Ooooh, I didn't know that spider plant flowers were as pretty as that! I used to look at spider plants as quite common and mundane, but those flowers certainly make them more striking! I've seen plenty of spider plants in real life before; yet never seen one flowering before!
Quetzal - 22 - Any Pronouns - Autistic - GLaDOS fan- Sci-Fi Artist and Writer
So, I have had this plant for almost a year now. It started out as.. maybe ten leaves? I don't know. It was just small. And I am proud to show how big it has gotten! It needs to be re-potted [i]again[/i], but I think it may have an off-chute that I am going to give my friend! Don't ask me what kind of plant this is... I have no idea... [img]http://i.imgur.com/g2aGFdF.jpg[/img]
So, I have had this plant for almost a year now. It started out as.. maybe ten leaves? I don't know. It was just small. And I am proud to show how big it has gotten! It needs to be re-potted again, but I think it may have an off-chute that I am going to give my friend!

Don't ask me what kind of plant this is... I have no idea...

g2aGFdF.jpg
MshM4fN.png
@DigitalDounut

Ooh! That's awesome :D and get the leaves look like the seraph gene xD at least, particularly the green ones in bottom left haha
@DigitalDounut

Ooh! That's awesome :D and get the leaves look like the seraph gene xD at least, particularly the green ones in bottom left haha
RpJRPaD.png
uGR9lra.png
EuyQ8QK.png
QuQZYv7.png
a
@Reefknot

Thanks! The purple ones are just turned so you can see the bottom! All of them look like that. I honestly didn't even make that connection!! I like the little pink stripes in the leaves. You can't see them all that well, but I might post a close up picture of a leaf when that new one rolls out. It's the little stick looking thing that is "pointing" at the window!
@Reefknot

Thanks! The purple ones are just turned so you can see the bottom! All of them look like that. I honestly didn't even make that connection!! I like the little pink stripes in the leaves. You can't see them all that well, but I might post a close up picture of a leaf when that new one rolls out. It's the little stick looking thing that is "pointing" at the window!
MshM4fN.png
I want a plant! ;-;

@Reefknot

Add me to the ping list! ^-^ I'm most interested in your cacti! <3

I so badly want a bamboo! D:
I want a plant! ;-;

@Reefknot

Add me to the ping list! ^-^ I'm most interested in your cacti! <3

I so badly want a bamboo! D:
@Ryanna

Awesome! Okay :D shall I just ping you when I post cactus updates? There'll be more spider plant updates bc They grow faster xD ^-^ not much is happening with the cacti at the moment but, we'll see!

Bamboo is super cool :D I used to have one when I was little and it stayed alive for a good while! But I think it got too cool in winter one year bc it died, haha! P sure I got it from IKEA
@Ryanna

Awesome! Okay :D shall I just ping you when I post cactus updates? There'll be more spider plant updates bc They grow faster xD ^-^ not much is happening with the cacti at the moment but, we'll see!

Bamboo is super cool :D I used to have one when I was little and it stayed alive for a good while! But I think it got too cool in winter one year bc it died, haha! P sure I got it from IKEA
RpJRPaD.png
uGR9lra.png
EuyQ8QK.png
QuQZYv7.png
a
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9