Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Need some opinions
1 2
How big of a mistake would it be to move schools my senior year?
I'm planning on possibly moving at the end of this school year to a different state, one because I'm not happy here, I don't really have any close friends, my closest friends live in two other states, one being my S/O, and that's where I'm planning on moving to. I'll have all credits but my personal finance credit, which I'll be getting with a third year of JROTC, so I get to take all electives, but I'm worried those transcripts might get lost... what do you guys think?

EDIT: Pls ping me if you respond.
How big of a mistake would it be to move schools my senior year?
I'm planning on possibly moving at the end of this school year to a different state, one because I'm not happy here, I don't really have any close friends, my closest friends live in two other states, one being my S/O, and that's where I'm planning on moving to. I'll have all credits but my personal finance credit, which I'll be getting with a third year of JROTC, so I get to take all electives, but I'm worried those transcripts might get lost... what do you guys think?

EDIT: Pls ping me if you respond.
Yeah, bro

Just call me the Crazy Dog Momma

Cats and sloths are the spawn Satan

Lona The Watchamacallit
@Elonatien take it from someone who's switched schools during important times... It's totally an okay thing to do. If you feel like that's what you need, go for it. And good luck!
@Elonatien take it from someone who's switched schools during important times... It's totally an okay thing to do. If you feel like that's what you need, go for it. And good luck!
"When you're going to change the world, don't ask for permission."
VIKTOR | ARCANE
jEoykqi.png
@Elonatien

If you're looking into switching high schools/colleges/universities during the last year, before you do anything, go to the counseling office and ask them what the process is, and contact the school you're planning on attending. If you speak to academic advisers they should be able to tell you if it's possible, what credits will transfer over, and what won't. Sometimes schools don't have equivalent classes so you need to retake one of theirs in order to keep the credits, etc.

It might be stressful but it should be fine! People switch schools all the time, whether for different education, moving because of family or jobs, etc. The academic advisers are there to tell you how it's going to work and what you'll need in order to make it a smooth transition. Trust me, you don't want to switch states and then figure out you needed this other thing, and now people are responding to your calls and e-mails at the speed of sloths instead of being able to go into the office and just get it from them. It's a hassle. You need to have everything in order so you can go into the next school year, and not have to come in late because of technical difficulties.

Also, you might know all this esp if you're switching colleges/universities and not high schools, but, make sure you have the finances to move. It costs so much money to move states, and it's a pain to do it, especially if you have a lot of stuff. If you're on financial aid everything will have to be updated, you might need to secure a job in the other state beforehand, you need to have a place you can live plus at least two back-up plans (say, if someone's planning on hosting you/rooming with you, you should have someone else to live with either in that state or the state you're in now in case you suddenly need somewhere else to stay/they bail on you, and, if possible, you should have money for three months minimum in an apartment).

Anyway I say do what will make life better for you. Especially if you have a lot of people to support you. And talk to an academic adviser! And don't trust just your academic adviser - get the contact information for the other school and make contact with them preemptively and ask them what you need to do, too.
@Elonatien

If you're looking into switching high schools/colleges/universities during the last year, before you do anything, go to the counseling office and ask them what the process is, and contact the school you're planning on attending. If you speak to academic advisers they should be able to tell you if it's possible, what credits will transfer over, and what won't. Sometimes schools don't have equivalent classes so you need to retake one of theirs in order to keep the credits, etc.

It might be stressful but it should be fine! People switch schools all the time, whether for different education, moving because of family or jobs, etc. The academic advisers are there to tell you how it's going to work and what you'll need in order to make it a smooth transition. Trust me, you don't want to switch states and then figure out you needed this other thing, and now people are responding to your calls and e-mails at the speed of sloths instead of being able to go into the office and just get it from them. It's a hassle. You need to have everything in order so you can go into the next school year, and not have to come in late because of technical difficulties.

Also, you might know all this esp if you're switching colleges/universities and not high schools, but, make sure you have the finances to move. It costs so much money to move states, and it's a pain to do it, especially if you have a lot of stuff. If you're on financial aid everything will have to be updated, you might need to secure a job in the other state beforehand, you need to have a place you can live plus at least two back-up plans (say, if someone's planning on hosting you/rooming with you, you should have someone else to live with either in that state or the state you're in now in case you suddenly need somewhere else to stay/they bail on you, and, if possible, you should have money for three months minimum in an apartment).

Anyway I say do what will make life better for you. Especially if you have a lot of people to support you. And talk to an academic adviser! And don't trust just your academic adviser - get the contact information for the other school and make contact with them preemptively and ask them what you need to do, too.
rSvYfKQ.png
@Magmis Thank you, my S/O is gonna get me some apartment applications, so hopefully I'll be able to find a cheap one, and crap I don't know if I should ask him for job apps or not...
Well, if push comes to shove I can maybe get his parents to let me stay with them until I get a job there XD They seem fond of me so hey
@Magmis Thank you, my S/O is gonna get me some apartment applications, so hopefully I'll be able to find a cheap one, and crap I don't know if I should ask him for job apps or not...
Well, if push comes to shove I can maybe get his parents to let me stay with them until I get a job there XD They seem fond of me so hey
Yeah, bro

Lona The Watchamacallit
@Elonatien haha, yeah that's a plus. Hope you find everything you're looking for!
@Elonatien haha, yeah that's a plus. Hope you find everything you're looking for!
"When you're going to change the world, don't ask for permission."
VIKTOR | ARCANE
jEoykqi.png
@Rebloom I'm working on all of that right now XD I really hope I can get this all together before about July next year, that's about when I'll be moving.
@Rebloom I'm working on all of that right now XD I really hope I can get this all together before about July next year, that's about when I'll be moving.
Yeah, bro

Lona The Watchamacallit
@Magmis Yup :p Thank you!
@Magmis Yup :p Thank you!
Yeah, bro

Lona The Watchamacallit
@Elonatien friendly advice though...never move because of a S/O unless there are other people there you know and you're not just moving to be near the S/O. Like if the S/O is the only person you know in that location I highly recommend not moving to that particular location.
@Elonatien friendly advice though...never move because of a S/O unless there are other people there you know and you're not just moving to be near the S/O. Like if the S/O is the only person you know in that location I highly recommend not moving to that particular location.
@Mystateofmind I know quite a few people there, granted they're all in my S/O's friend group, but it's still better than here, where there's a meth house in walking distance no matter where you are.
@Mystateofmind I know quite a few people there, granted they're all in my S/O's friend group, but it's still better than here, where there's a meth house in walking distance no matter where you are.
Yeah, bro

Lona The Watchamacallit
@Elonatien I wish you luck. I just know most of my buddies that have moved for a S/O when they break up the friends of their S/O don't stay their friends and then they also lose the S/O and are often left completely alone. I have a friend in this situation right now.
@Elonatien I wish you luck. I just know most of my buddies that have moved for a S/O when they break up the friends of their S/O don't stay their friends and then they also lose the S/O and are often left completely alone. I have a friend in this situation right now.
1 2