Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weirdest thing you used to believe
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
When I was a kid my preschool teacher told us that taking our shoes off would set off the fire alarm. Pretty sure this was a manipulative way the teacher kept everyone from running around barefoot all day. I totally believed this because I was terrified of loud noises (especially the fire alarm) and I think I rationalized it by thinking the foot odor would cause a false positive for smoke.
When I was a kid my preschool teacher told us that taking our shoes off would set off the fire alarm. Pretty sure this was a manipulative way the teacher kept everyone from running around barefoot all day. I totally believed this because I was terrified of loud noises (especially the fire alarm) and I think I rationalized it by thinking the foot odor would cause a false positive for smoke.
I thought babies were made by a man and a woman standing close to each other for a long period of time. Like, they didn't even need to touch, just stand close to each other long enough until a baby started growing in the woman's womb.
I thought babies were made by a man and a woman standing close to each other for a long period of time. Like, they didn't even need to touch, just stand close to each other long enough until a baby started growing in the woman's womb.
eg1jZa2.png
That college was harder than high school.
That college was harder than high school.
At least you walked a lonely road and gave it a friend.
My brother convinced me that if you don't step off when you get to the top of an escalator, the edge will slice the bottoms of your shoes off.

I still always make sure to step off escalators before my feet reach the edge to this day... Even though I know that the worst that'll happen is I might trip.
My brother convinced me that if you don't step off when you get to the top of an escalator, the edge will slice the bottoms of your shoes off.

I still always make sure to step off escalators before my feet reach the edge to this day... Even though I know that the worst that'll happen is I might trip.
tumblr_mi6r7uNWQ01r99sp0o1_500.gif
Hi. I just wanna interact with people on this heccn website.
I used to believe that the only fate of a girl was to bare a child. I believed that there was no other choice, and if you did not do it willingly then someone would force you to get pregnant. Considering pregnancy is a HUGE phobia for me, it kind of explains why I always hoped I would die before 18 or at least inherited the infertility that women born into my father's line usually have.

Now I just stand my ground every time someone tells me that I owe the world a baby. How disgusting is it to demand someone who is so scared of pregnancy that they would choose death over it that babies are either a female's only purpose, or inevitable? I still get both from my in laws and strangers. I am not an incubator, I have a mind and two hands just like any male. ... Sometimes I wish others could see that, but at least I don't believe it is the only choice any more.
I used to believe that the only fate of a girl was to bare a child. I believed that there was no other choice, and if you did not do it willingly then someone would force you to get pregnant. Considering pregnancy is a HUGE phobia for me, it kind of explains why I always hoped I would die before 18 or at least inherited the infertility that women born into my father's line usually have.

Now I just stand my ground every time someone tells me that I owe the world a baby. How disgusting is it to demand someone who is so scared of pregnancy that they would choose death over it that babies are either a female's only purpose, or inevitable? I still get both from my in laws and strangers. I am not an incubator, I have a mind and two hands just like any male. ... Sometimes I wish others could see that, but at least I don't believe it is the only choice any more.
I used to think hair was just made of super thing and flexible bone.

Whereas my friend thought teeth were made of muscle.

We were uh, interesting kids :/
I used to think hair was just made of super thing and flexible bone.

Whereas my friend thought teeth were made of muscle.

We were uh, interesting kids :/
Creature_Obsidian_Gargoyle.gif*Collecting notifs, so if you urgently want to contact me, please send a pm*Creature_Obsidian_Gargoyle.gif
I used to believe that if you were to act like a dog for a while.. you'll turn into one.

And I also used to believe the story my grandma told me that if I don't have my own kids, I'll get sick
I used to believe that if you were to act like a dog for a while.. you'll turn into one.

And I also used to believe the story my grandma told me that if I don't have my own kids, I'll get sick
62-A53-F86-4-E45-489-D-A12-E-8-CCF366-EB754.jpg
Rai

• it's in the refrigerator
• overwatch/bg3 trash
• she/they | FR +1
I used to think that gently rolling hills were sleeping dinosaurs that had been covered up, and one day they would just get up again.
I used to think that gently rolling hills were sleeping dinosaurs that had been covered up, and one day they would just get up again.
kbWMBt3.png40tk2UH.png0GOg895.png
Oh gosh... I have a ton but here are the ones I remember for now.

When I was really young, I didn't understand the concept of individual consciousness. I asked stuff like:
Isn't the world only what I see?
How do I know that what I see isn't what you see?/ Why is it that what I sense is different to what you sense?

When I was around five:
I thought that movies or CDs grew from trees, and people had to go adventuring and treking far and wide, to find all the new releases. I mean... people can't possibly make them, right?
And, I made up and soon believed that the shapes made by clouds are of those creatures who died.
My grandparents told me that the waxing and waning of the moon was caused by a dragon eating it.

When I was seven or more:
I thought that kissing made babies, no matter what. My parents must have regretted saying my hypothesis was right, since every time I saw that in a movie. I was like "Look! They just made babies!"
Also, even though I know Santa isn't real, doesn't one hope he is? Like, he could have possibly died (Santa can't live for hundreds of years) or is lazy or busy or something?
I also still kinda believe that if you focus and wish hard enough, something you want will happen. I have a huge desire to have the ability to fly... (I must be superstitious)

I guess that about rounds it up...I'll have to try to remember more. On an extra note, am I the only kid who hallucinated when I was younger and thought it was normal? Who only saw themselves in third person perspective, and only saw in first person (normal sight) from now and then, until they were 7-8? Now that I think about it, that's totally not normal.
Oh gosh... I have a ton but here are the ones I remember for now.

When I was really young, I didn't understand the concept of individual consciousness. I asked stuff like:
Isn't the world only what I see?
How do I know that what I see isn't what you see?/ Why is it that what I sense is different to what you sense?

When I was around five:
I thought that movies or CDs grew from trees, and people had to go adventuring and treking far and wide, to find all the new releases. I mean... people can't possibly make them, right?
And, I made up and soon believed that the shapes made by clouds are of those creatures who died.
My grandparents told me that the waxing and waning of the moon was caused by a dragon eating it.

When I was seven or more:
I thought that kissing made babies, no matter what. My parents must have regretted saying my hypothesis was right, since every time I saw that in a movie. I was like "Look! They just made babies!"
Also, even though I know Santa isn't real, doesn't one hope he is? Like, he could have possibly died (Santa can't live for hundreds of years) or is lazy or busy or something?
I also still kinda believe that if you focus and wish hard enough, something you want will happen. I have a huge desire to have the ability to fly... (I must be superstitious)

I guess that about rounds it up...I'll have to try to remember more. On an extra note, am I the only kid who hallucinated when I was younger and thought it was normal? Who only saw themselves in third person perspective, and only saw in first person (normal sight) from now and then, until they were 7-8? Now that I think about it, that's totally not normal.
nSeiSYR.gif * You never fail until you stop trying
* Success is not final, failure not fatal; have the courage to continue
* Change does not come from avoiding failure, it comes from learning from it

~Believe you can and you're already halfway there~
o4ZSXMr.gif
d
a
i
l
y

>

b
a
d
g
e

>

1RSWs3W.png
i used to believe that the number before the cup size of a bra was supposed to be your age wth

(liek someone who wore a 34C would be 34 years old)
i used to believe that the number before the cup size of a bra was supposed to be your age wth

(liek someone who wore a 34C would be 34 years old)
:)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10