Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone going to do NaNoWriMo?
1 2 3
Totally participating! This'll only be my second year. :P Hoping to actually finish the story this time around. As for ideas, I got nothing. I know it won't be a fanfiction or anything FR related, but that's about it. I like to write without any solid ideas in mind, just a world and some characters. So I won't have an idea until the last days of October.
Totally participating! This'll only be my second year. :P Hoping to actually finish the story this time around. As for ideas, I got nothing. I know it won't be a fanfiction or anything FR related, but that's about it. I like to write without any solid ideas in mind, just a world and some characters. So I won't have an idea until the last days of October.
pulvis et umbra sumus - We are dust and shadows
I may do it if I can do a story I already started writing. I don't know if you can or not though...
I may do it if I can do a story I already started writing. I don't know if you can or not though...
100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png
I'm going to try and do it. I already have an idea for a story.(Well sort of. It's not very fleshed out but I really want to write it.)
I'm going to try and do it. I already have an idea for a story.(Well sort of. It's not very fleshed out but I really want to write it.)
I'm doing it! This'll be my fourth year participating, and I've won twice. Last year I didn't win, didn't finish my story, and I haven't had much writing time this year, so I'm continuing the story I wrote last NaNo . . . a tale of morally ambiguous angry lesbian sorceresses.
I'm doing it! This'll be my fourth year participating, and I've won twice. Last year I didn't win, didn't finish my story, and I haven't had much writing time this year, so I'm continuing the story I wrote last NaNo . . . a tale of morally ambiguous angry lesbian sorceresses.
1cskOS9.png
I'm considering doing it for the very first time ever. I'm more into visual art than written art or any other form, but for the sheer simplicity of being creative with words , I really want to get into writing. I feel like doing a NaNoWriMo thing about my dragons would be the perfect way to try it for my first time, because theres not so much pressure, I might just do it for the activity and not even let anyone read it. When I was younger and first interested in writing and learning how to tell stories, I didn't know how to reach out to an online community to help me learn story telling , and roleplaying . So now I just have a weird stage fright about roleplay because I assume im going to suck at it at first, because to this day I just don't really know how to roleplay and im in my 20s. So NaNoWriMo would be a cool thing to see around FR and learn from.
I'm considering doing it for the very first time ever. I'm more into visual art than written art or any other form, but for the sheer simplicity of being creative with words , I really want to get into writing. I feel like doing a NaNoWriMo thing about my dragons would be the perfect way to try it for my first time, because theres not so much pressure, I might just do it for the activity and not even let anyone read it. When I was younger and first interested in writing and learning how to tell stories, I didn't know how to reach out to an online community to help me learn story telling , and roleplaying . So now I just have a weird stage fright about roleplay because I assume im going to suck at it at first, because to this day I just don't really know how to roleplay and im in my 20s. So NaNoWriMo would be a cool thing to see around FR and learn from.
I'm seriously considering it. I attempted it two times already, but quickly fell behind... but this year I'm going to prepare a plot in advance and se it as an exercise in not being so freaking perfectionistic about it. I mean, it's NaNoWriMo, not the elections for the Nobel literature price. I just want to get my fiction gears going rather than sit on my butt thinking but not doing..
I'm seriously considering it. I attempted it two times already, but quickly fell behind... but this year I'm going to prepare a plot in advance and se it as an exercise in not being so freaking perfectionistic about it. I mean, it's NaNoWriMo, not the elections for the Nobel literature price. I just want to get my fiction gears going rather than sit on my butt thinking but not doing..
I keep telling myself I will and I never do. T_T
I keep telling myself I will and I never do. T_T
OjayHBU.png
@VermilionInk -
You can totally work on a story you've already started! You can either just start counting words in Nov. for the 50K, or be what they call a 'rebel' and go ahead and count what you've already got toward it. To each their own--everyone's got a slightly different way of going about it, methinks.

(I hope that works. If not, forgive the dolt who doesn't know how to navigate FR's tagging system.)
@VermilionInk -
You can totally work on a story you've already started! You can either just start counting words in Nov. for the 50K, or be what they call a 'rebel' and go ahead and count what you've already got toward it. To each their own--everyone's got a slightly different way of going about it, methinks.

(I hope that works. If not, forgive the dolt who doesn't know how to navigate FR's tagging system.)
Tori | Answers to Hey, you. | FR +2
Headpiece-header-200x80.png
I've only done it once and I'd like to do it again, but I'm a sophomore in college and my schedule is extremely busy so I don't think I'll have the time, sadly. I kinda wish NaNoWriMo was in June instead of Novemer; same number of days, but June is a not-busy summer month, while November is the start of school crunch time.
I've only done it once and I'd like to do it again, but I'm a sophomore in college and my schedule is extremely busy so I don't think I'll have the time, sadly. I kinda wish NaNoWriMo was in June instead of Novemer; same number of days, but June is a not-busy summer month, while November is the start of school crunch time.
T5GEBka.png
I've been doing it for years, and am planning to again this year. I've recently started reworking a story in my head, so I may end up writing that in November assuming I don't start before. I have about ten thousand other ideas so I'll have something to work with, but I'm much faster at writing when I've planned something and I'm familiar with the characters. A few years back, I hit 50K in 12 days and finished the story at around 75k in less than three weeks. It was awesome. So I kinda want to do that again. But who knows. Maybe I'll end up writing that idea I had that's like some crazy mix between Beauty and the Beast and Phantom of the Opera.
I've been doing it for years, and am planning to again this year. I've recently started reworking a story in my head, so I may end up writing that in November assuming I don't start before. I have about ten thousand other ideas so I'll have something to work with, but I'm much faster at writing when I've planned something and I'm familiar with the characters. A few years back, I hit 50K in 12 days and finished the story at around 75k in less than three weeks. It was awesome. So I kinda want to do that again. But who knows. Maybe I'll end up writing that idea I had that's like some crazy mix between Beauty and the Beast and Phantom of the Opera.
1 2 3