Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Myers-Briggs (and also ENFPs)
Last time I took the test I came out ISTP, though I do wonder if it may have changed in the past couple years as I've definitely become more outgoing. I do definitely identify with the functions Ti and Se, so maybe I haven't! When I was in high school I was INTP.
Last time I took the test I came out ISTP, though I do wonder if it may have changed in the past couple years as I've definitely become more outgoing. I do definitely identify with the functions Ti and Se, so maybe I haven't! When I was in high school I was INTP.
Cooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.png
eyyyyyyyy ENTP over here
eyyyyyyyy ENTP over here
plague_flight_banner_by_dinocyanide-d8tx18y.png

By Klomonx
(following 2)

b3d97d1b-9455-4c05-8433-fa2988e4ac59.png
Code:
b3d97d1b-9455-4c05-8433-fa2988e4ac59.png

PlagueFlag.gif
Code:
PlagueFlag.gif

By Macabre
(following 2)

mujztc.jpg
Code:
mujztc.jpg

QQnBZuq.gif
Code:
QQnBZuq.gif

By Macabre & Vendrus
(sprite by Vendrus, background and animation by Macabre)

XHxgasI.gif
Code:
XHxgasI.gif

By Marzi
(following 2)

m37z8.gif
Code:
m37z8.gif

Still Version
mc661j.png
Code:
mc661j.png

By mus

plague_banner_by_silverybeast-d7eggdt.png
Code:
plague_banner_by_silverybeast-d7eggdt.png

By NeonGuts

H01Ejx7.png
Code:
H01Ejx7.png

By OrchidBlack

tumblr_niljqrOAdS1u1dnrno1_500.jpg
Code:
tumblr_niljqrOAdS1u1dnrno1_500.jpg

By Pained
(following 2)

dyk3ud.jpg
Code:
dyk3ud.jpg

2i1jd6p.jpg
Code:
2i1jd6p.jpg

By Popsystoven

image_zpsac5b3jz9.jpeg
Code:
image_zpsac5b3jz9.jpeg

By rainismysunshine

1022_by_rainismysunshine-d967m91.png
Code:
1022_by_rainismysunshine-d967m91.png

By RottingFlesh

303e1yr.png
Code:
303e1yr.png

By Rude

wpEE9mo.png
Code:
wpEE9mo.png

By seepratintti
(following 4)

fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
Code:
fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif

Smaller Version
fr_plaguebanner_profile_by_seepranne-d6ghmos.gif
Code:
fr_plaguebanner_profile_by_seepranne-d6ghmos.gif

plague_survive_large_by_seepranne-d7epv1n.gif
Code:
plague_survive_large_by_seepranne-d7epv1n.gif

Smaller Version
plague_survive_small_by_seepranne-d7epv82.gif
Code:
plague_survive_small_by_seepranne-d7epv82.gif

By Sei

DvqFBqS.gif
Code:
DvqFBqS.gif

By Shellbee

2je6p4.gif
Code:
2je6p4.gif

By Sick

plagueiscool_zps0139e344.gif
Code:
plagueiscool_zps0139e344.gif

By Sinnibelle & MissouriMule
(art by Sinnibelle, animation by MissouriMule)

t0iLvtA.gif
Code:
t0iLvtA.gif

By Slick

MoOtdMJ.png
Code:
MoOtdMJ.png

By TheEndIsNearUs

plaguebringer_banner_small_by_theendisnearus-d8bxbln.png
Code:
plaguebringer_banner_small_by_theendisnearus-d8bxbln.png

By Toxon

tumblr_nrnrgz2YNy1sr2gjao1_500.png
Code:
tumblr_nrnrgz2YNy1sr2gjao1_500.png

By Valkaryss

bQocJLp.gif
Code:
bQocJLp.gif

By Viiscus
(following 3)

UqN4jFQ.png
Code:
UqN4jFQ.png

Smaller Version
2A6X4Q7.png
Code:
2A6X4Q7.png

Without Words
fXMrQm4.png
Code:
fXMrQm4.png

By Warhound

CtM8cLF.png
Code:
CtM8cLF.png

By WolfSong
(following 2)

ocTKWwg.gif
Code:
ocTKWwg.gif

m1CZHJt.gif
Code:
m1CZHJt.gif

By Yamineco

DmRdZYl.png
Code:
DmRdZYl.png

PYd8yXt.png
Code:
PYd8yXt.png

By JadedRosee

RXD8sr3.gif
Code:
RXD8sr3.gif

By Ozrez

untitled_drawing_by_everwolfart-d9y6946.png
Code:
untitled_drawing_by_everwolfart-d9y6946.png

untitled_drawing_by_everwolfart_d9y60em_by_everwolfart-d9y64xl.png
Code:
untitled_drawing_by_everwolfart_d9y60em_by_everwolfart-d9y64xl.png

By KCDragons

Plague_zps6smax9kv.gif
Code:
Plague_zps6smax9kv.gif

By wintergreenroses

tumblr_o7hzn2PBz81v3unw4o1_500.png
Code:
tumblr_o7hzn2PBz81v3unw4o1_500.png

By Elstermond

castoffthecrutceowr5ajm7v.png
Code:
castoffthecrutceowr5ajm7v.png
Last edited on Jun 14, 2016 09:49:32 by SquishyPenguin
tumblr_nwvyylnkrO1qmzylio2_250.pngtumblr_nwvyylnkrO1qmzylio1_250.png
@Spookykitty (Been looking for a thread that discusses this for a long time. Long post ahead LOL.)

Hey, I'm a pretty socially awkward (in real life at least XD) MBTI enthusiast who seems to switch between INTP and INFP a lot :/ Like I've taken the test a lot and sometimes I get T and others I get F? Anyway, I think that the MBTI test does have some good merits but definitely should be used in conjunction with other personality tests (like, scientifically proven ones).

What I find weird about my classification as INTP is my math ability. I fail at math basics but give me a calculator and some formulas and I'm happy. Provided that I'm given any formulas I need because I'm really bad at remembering those haha. I'm very creative and heavy into fantasy/sci-fi writing-several people have quoted my ability to form good poems with clear beats and emphases in fractions of the time it would take others. Throughout middle school I aced spelling/vocab tests usually without needing to study but tell me to write an essay and I have no idea what to do. I also suck at logic puzzles.

On the other hand I'm not really INFP either because, despite the fact that I love reading, I can't browse the local teen lit library section because it's all about "oh I love him and he's so perf but what about this other guy and oooo there's vampires and I have a crazy ex and-" *pukes*. I cannot stand stories or shows that are based on stupid logic and/or romances because there's always that nagging voice in the back of my head that is constantly cringing and pointing out how everyone's an idiot, and I am not the type to suffer fools gladly. I also find many shows of my demographic (teenager) to be really REALLY dumb. The only thing you're getting by skipping school is a bad resume and chewed out by your parents. Why do you want to have a gf/bf when hormones are all over the place at this age? Why would you ever try drugs? There are REASONS those PSAs are out there >.>

So yeah, sorry for the rant ^^ It's not very often I'm able to find people with similar interests in personality tests, especially online haha.
@Spookykitty (Been looking for a thread that discusses this for a long time. Long post ahead LOL.)

Hey, I'm a pretty socially awkward (in real life at least XD) MBTI enthusiast who seems to switch between INTP and INFP a lot :/ Like I've taken the test a lot and sometimes I get T and others I get F? Anyway, I think that the MBTI test does have some good merits but definitely should be used in conjunction with other personality tests (like, scientifically proven ones).

What I find weird about my classification as INTP is my math ability. I fail at math basics but give me a calculator and some formulas and I'm happy. Provided that I'm given any formulas I need because I'm really bad at remembering those haha. I'm very creative and heavy into fantasy/sci-fi writing-several people have quoted my ability to form good poems with clear beats and emphases in fractions of the time it would take others. Throughout middle school I aced spelling/vocab tests usually without needing to study but tell me to write an essay and I have no idea what to do. I also suck at logic puzzles.

On the other hand I'm not really INFP either because, despite the fact that I love reading, I can't browse the local teen lit library section because it's all about "oh I love him and he's so perf but what about this other guy and oooo there's vampires and I have a crazy ex and-" *pukes*. I cannot stand stories or shows that are based on stupid logic and/or romances because there's always that nagging voice in the back of my head that is constantly cringing and pointing out how everyone's an idiot, and I am not the type to suffer fools gladly. I also find many shows of my demographic (teenager) to be really REALLY dumb. The only thing you're getting by skipping school is a bad resume and chewed out by your parents. Why do you want to have a gf/bf when hormones are all over the place at this age? Why would you ever try drugs? There are REASONS those PSAs are out there >.>

So yeah, sorry for the rant ^^ It's not very often I'm able to find people with similar interests in personality tests, especially online haha.
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
Enneagram's cool too, since it comes from a different angle--fundamental motivation/fear. A person has a type, and then points of integration (growth: adopting positive aspects) and disintegration (manifesting as negative qualities of another type when severely stressed). This is specific, ex e1 integrates to 7 (loosen up, more flexible/adaptive) and disentegrates to 4 (...bad special snowflake syndrome, basically). Add in wings, sp/sx/so, and that's a lot of differentiation. Then there's tritypes ofc, but it's so easy to mistype or just be like ??? bc woah aalll the stuff that eh, if you can figure out your main type you're fine lol.

It's nice to use in conjunction with mbti because a, say, INFP e9 is pretty different from an e4. I'm an ISTJ 1w9 sp/sx myself (1w9-3w2-6w5 tritype).

Yeah keys2cognition is pretty solid. ofc responses are based on the test taker's self-image and subjective interpretation like any other so it ain't flawless, but still.

Socionic subtypes are really interesting too! Adds a fair level of nuance. iirc though most people don't have strong leanings one way or another? Personally, the SLI (ISTp---ISTJ in mbti) profile fits me to a T, but both subtypes are a hit & miss lol.
Enneagram's cool too, since it comes from a different angle--fundamental motivation/fear. A person has a type, and then points of integration (growth: adopting positive aspects) and disintegration (manifesting as negative qualities of another type when severely stressed). This is specific, ex e1 integrates to 7 (loosen up, more flexible/adaptive) and disentegrates to 4 (...bad special snowflake syndrome, basically). Add in wings, sp/sx/so, and that's a lot of differentiation. Then there's tritypes ofc, but it's so easy to mistype or just be like ??? bc woah aalll the stuff that eh, if you can figure out your main type you're fine lol.

It's nice to use in conjunction with mbti because a, say, INFP e9 is pretty different from an e4. I'm an ISTJ 1w9 sp/sx myself (1w9-3w2-6w5 tritype).

Yeah keys2cognition is pretty solid. ofc responses are based on the test taker's self-image and subjective interpretation like any other so it ain't flawless, but still.

Socionic subtypes are really interesting too! Adds a fair level of nuance. iirc though most people don't have strong leanings one way or another? Personally, the SLI (ISTp---ISTJ in mbti) profile fits me to a T, but both subtypes are a hit & miss lol.
fHGB08h.pngL23xQYU.png7mLVMIs.pngMFS4FG3.pngbF8eZtf.pngF19dEBb.png
@Spookykitty I took a Enneagram test, it was very interesting! I found it was probably more accurate than the Myers-Briggs tbh, but combine them together and youre right, it gives a much clearer idea of my type :) I got 6w5 btw, but also with a high score for type 4.
@Spookykitty I took a Enneagram test, it was very interesting! I found it was probably more accurate than the Myers-Briggs tbh, but combine them together and youre right, it gives a much clearer idea of my type :) I got 6w5 btw, but also with a high score for type 4.
Ufb9xKy.pngOLCJDTC.jpg
@Rubellite

I personally prefer enneagram myself! I feel it lends itself toward self-improvement better than MBTI. I'm a 1w9 (not sure about other fixes, but tentatively 2 or 3 5w6) sp/so

So a more rigid INFJ. I find it hard to really relate to other INFJs; they're so much more creative and loose than me. I appreciate art a lot. I excel in drawing, but not creatively. I excel in writing, but not creatively. I'm just not that creative :/ lol
@Rubellite

I personally prefer enneagram myself! I feel it lends itself toward self-improvement better than MBTI. I'm a 1w9 (not sure about other fixes, but tentatively 2 or 3 5w6) sp/so

So a more rigid INFJ. I find it hard to really relate to other INFJs; they're so much more creative and loose than me. I appreciate art a lot. I excel in drawing, but not creatively. I excel in writing, but not creatively. I'm just not that creative :/ lol
C5V5o0z.png
@Spookykitty That's really cool actually, I didn't know that! Yeah that might be possible. I have more introverted than extroverted tenancies though, but I could pass for an extrovert compared to my very introverted friends/other people.

@Spookykitty That's really cool actually, I didn't know that! Yeah that might be possible. I have more introverted than extroverted tenancies though, but I could pass for an extrovert compared to my very introverted friends/other people.

fKJwbdW.png
@PlatinumDream
The stereotypes about the types don't have to be true. Not all INTPs are good at math, and not all INFPs are into things like Twilight. Prefrences, interests, etc, are all person to person and not type-wise.
@PlatinumDream
The stereotypes about the types don't have to be true. Not all INTPs are good at math, and not all INFPs are into things like Twilight. Prefrences, interests, etc, are all person to person and not type-wise.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
@Viperly

Ayyy fellow 1w9! -high fives- Would you say being e1 helps you ground and direct your Ni in a more focused manner, perhaps? Maybe not as creative as other INFJ subtypes but I'm sure you're still pretty good at it! Big spectrum between like, realism and impressionism after all. :P Or maybe it manifests differently, like creative plot vs powerful & unique prose writing?

But yeah I concur. Enneagram's a much more practical model to study and employ for self improvement. It really lays out the qualities to strive for and what one needs to be on the alert for based on type. Just takes lots of time to figure out: wings, dis/integration, tritypes mean it's so easy to at least see shadows of all the types in yourself imo. @_@ So...still. For folks that don't want to go through all that hassle, nailing primary fix, wing, and the stacking is already really helpful.

Whereas mbti is like..."oh at midlife if you consciously struggle for it your inferior function will finally kick into gear a bit" (I'm being hyperbolic but y'know what I mean lmao). Doesn't help that folks tend to be caught up in the common stereotypes borne from mbti. I don't know how to or care to fix cars, how could I possibly be an ISTP?? /s

I find mbti fun though--particularly so when discussing and struggling to define wth the functions are, exactly. Speaking of which, found a cool relevant link to toss in the thread:
mbti-notes.tumblr.com
@Viperly

Ayyy fellow 1w9! -high fives- Would you say being e1 helps you ground and direct your Ni in a more focused manner, perhaps? Maybe not as creative as other INFJ subtypes but I'm sure you're still pretty good at it! Big spectrum between like, realism and impressionism after all. :P Or maybe it manifests differently, like creative plot vs powerful & unique prose writing?

But yeah I concur. Enneagram's a much more practical model to study and employ for self improvement. It really lays out the qualities to strive for and what one needs to be on the alert for based on type. Just takes lots of time to figure out: wings, dis/integration, tritypes mean it's so easy to at least see shadows of all the types in yourself imo. @_@ So...still. For folks that don't want to go through all that hassle, nailing primary fix, wing, and the stacking is already really helpful.

Whereas mbti is like..."oh at midlife if you consciously struggle for it your inferior function will finally kick into gear a bit" (I'm being hyperbolic but y'know what I mean lmao). Doesn't help that folks tend to be caught up in the common stereotypes borne from mbti. I don't know how to or care to fix cars, how could I possibly be an ISTP?? /s

I find mbti fun though--particularly so when discussing and struggling to define wth the functions are, exactly. Speaking of which, found a cool relevant link to toss in the thread:
mbti-notes.tumblr.com
fHGB08h.pngL23xQYU.png7mLVMIs.pngMFS4FG3.pngbF8eZtf.pngF19dEBb.png
Oh hey! ISFP here! MBTI IS THE BOMB!!!
Oh hey! ISFP here! MBTI IS THE BOMB!!!