Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Stranger Things (TV Show)
1 2 3
@BlueCynder
I would like to jump in here and agree! This show is fantastic.

@Resilient @korvas
I'm certain El is alive. The way she 'died' with the demogorgon leads me to believe she was linked the monster in some way. As far as some loose ends, I think the production team let a few things hang just in case they got approved for a second season. Things to build on and all that. I'm happy there is a second season underway. The child actors for this series are the bomb!

@Shadowflame777
Unpopular theory: The egg sack that Hopper and Joyce found in the upsidedown place is another demogorgon, a youngling at least. I'm thinking Will is very much infected, just not certain with what. I don't think it's another demogorgon considering the egg sack seen....

@briteoctopus
I believe Hopper to be working with the Lab to keep tabs on the town. Due to the experiments and the value of El (who may be alive) the location could still have a thin vale to the Upsidedown place. Plus, do we even know if the portal in the lab is even closed?
@BlueCynder
I would like to jump in here and agree! This show is fantastic.

@Resilient @korvas
I'm certain El is alive. The way she 'died' with the demogorgon leads me to believe she was linked the monster in some way. As far as some loose ends, I think the production team let a few things hang just in case they got approved for a second season. Things to build on and all that. I'm happy there is a second season underway. The child actors for this series are the bomb!

@Shadowflame777
Unpopular theory: The egg sack that Hopper and Joyce found in the upsidedown place is another demogorgon, a youngling at least. I'm thinking Will is very much infected, just not certain with what. I don't think it's another demogorgon considering the egg sack seen....

@briteoctopus
I believe Hopper to be working with the Lab to keep tabs on the town. Due to the experiments and the value of El (who may be alive) the location could still have a thin vale to the Upsidedown place. Plus, do we even know if the portal in the lab is even closed?
I love Stranger Things sm.... I'm so so glad that Steve got a sort of redemption. Character development rules!!!!
And man, 11 has gotta be alive. I mean, it was a good end for her from a storytelling perspective, but if there's another season planned... She can't be gone. She's so instrumental in the plot I'd honestly be just as excited to see how they work around her absence.
Also, burning to know why Hopper so suddenly got very, very buddy-buddy with the lab, after so much of his screen time revolving around distrusting them.
I love Stranger Things sm.... I'm so so glad that Steve got a sort of redemption. Character development rules!!!!
And man, 11 has gotta be alive. I mean, it was a good end for her from a storytelling perspective, but if there's another season planned... She can't be gone. She's so instrumental in the plot I'd honestly be just as excited to see how they work around her absence.
Also, burning to know why Hopper so suddenly got very, very buddy-buddy with the lab, after so much of his screen time revolving around distrusting them.
Q8efDEB.png
@logicalDiviner

Hopper agreed to work with the lab to gain access to the Upsidedown place. I wouldn't say he's happy about working with them, but he wanted to save Will. He did what he could to achieve that.
@logicalDiviner

Hopper agreed to work with the lab to gain access to the Upsidedown place. I wouldn't say he's happy about working with them, but he wanted to save Will. He did what he could to achieve that.
@Spazzifras
Ohhh that makes a lot more sense, thanks hahah
(nice username btw)
@Spazzifras
Ohhh that makes a lot more sense, thanks hahah
(nice username btw)
Q8efDEB.png
@logicalDiviner

I may have watched the show maybe more than once...

And thank you! I was excited it was available!
@logicalDiviner

I may have watched the show maybe more than once...

And thank you! I was excited it was available!
@Spazzifras
Hey I'm not judging, I've already rewatched the first couple episodes and I plan to keep going hah
@Spazzifras
Hey I'm not judging, I've already rewatched the first couple episodes and I plan to keep going hah
Q8efDEB.png
I'm going to assume anyone still reading this thread has seen the show and/or is accepting of spoilers. :)

The only thing I didn't like about the show was that I had multiple friends tell me how much I was going to love Barb. I spent the whole show waiting for her to be revealed as some kickbutt warrior of the Upside Down and that obviously didn't happen. Don't do that to people. It's not nice and it isn't funny.

The show itself was interesting. I'd be shocked if El wasn't alive somewhere. I'm trying to decide if she's out in the "real" woods somewhere or if he's leaving stuff there for her to grab in the Upside Down. Or wherever she is now. Because he, if there's one fractured version of reality there are probably others. Gotta keep amping up the threat level, right? ;)

I'm curious about the slugs. Are they an homage to Night of the Creeps/Slither in which case they'll animate the body they're in? Or, given the very Alien-esque implantation method, will they grow and burst forth in a monstrous parody of the host? Oh, and if you want extra bonus fun, what if the Demogorgon wasn't the real monster, per se, but was a victim of the slugs? Are the slugs a larval stage of Flappyface or are they a separate threat? Washing them down the sink definitely can't be a good idea. I'm thinking next season (if there is one) could find parts of the Upside Down taking over our world. Starting with the sewers.

Lots of questions. Lots of possibilities. If the producers planned for a season 2 it should be a wild ride.
I'm going to assume anyone still reading this thread has seen the show and/or is accepting of spoilers. :)

The only thing I didn't like about the show was that I had multiple friends tell me how much I was going to love Barb. I spent the whole show waiting for her to be revealed as some kickbutt warrior of the Upside Down and that obviously didn't happen. Don't do that to people. It's not nice and it isn't funny.

The show itself was interesting. I'd be shocked if El wasn't alive somewhere. I'm trying to decide if she's out in the "real" woods somewhere or if he's leaving stuff there for her to grab in the Upside Down. Or wherever she is now. Because he, if there's one fractured version of reality there are probably others. Gotta keep amping up the threat level, right? ;)

I'm curious about the slugs. Are they an homage to Night of the Creeps/Slither in which case they'll animate the body they're in? Or, given the very Alien-esque implantation method, will they grow and burst forth in a monstrous parody of the host? Oh, and if you want extra bonus fun, what if the Demogorgon wasn't the real monster, per se, but was a victim of the slugs? Are the slugs a larval stage of Flappyface or are they a separate threat? Washing them down the sink definitely can't be a good idea. I'm thinking next season (if there is one) could find parts of the Upside Down taking over our world. Starting with the sewers.

Lots of questions. Lots of possibilities. If the producers planned for a season 2 it should be a wild ride.
tumblr_inline_ojsvh3EcyM1r076v1_75sq.png Aliit. Buirkan. Tor.
Eleven better be ok I swear
Eleven better be ok I swear
@shadowmaat

Why would people tell you that about Barb? Don't get me wrong, Barb was a much needed 'conscience' character. Many fans can relate to her (there is a twitter handle and everything #WeAreAllBarb). I liked her, but didn't find her amazing (as a character that is). I'm sorry you were given high expectations.

I'm thinking the slugs are related to the demogorgon. If I had to choose it would be that the slugs are an early stage. Not sure how that weird egg sack would come into play... I agree about the sink thing. I bet Will just spits them out so he's not found out. Poor kid just spent too much time in another dimension, alone. He likely doesn't want to worry his mother/brother. Maybe it'll run it's course?
@shadowmaat

Why would people tell you that about Barb? Don't get me wrong, Barb was a much needed 'conscience' character. Many fans can relate to her (there is a twitter handle and everything #WeAreAllBarb). I liked her, but didn't find her amazing (as a character that is). I'm sorry you were given high expectations.

I'm thinking the slugs are related to the demogorgon. If I had to choose it would be that the slugs are an early stage. Not sure how that weird egg sack would come into play... I agree about the sink thing. I bet Will just spits them out so he's not found out. Poor kid just spent too much time in another dimension, alone. He likely doesn't want to worry his mother/brother. Maybe it'll run it's course?
[quote name="Spazzifras" date=2016-08-17 13:12:06] I'm thinking the slugs are related to the demogorgon. If I had to choose it would be that the slugs are an early stage. Not sure how that weird egg sack would come into play... I agree about the sink thing. I bet Will just spits them out so he's not found out. Poor kid just spent too much time in another dimension, alone. He likely doesn't want to worry his mother/brother. Maybe it'll run it's course? [/quote] Maybe the egg sack is like a cocoon and once a slug has fed enough/grown enough it slimes up a cocoon and morphs into a demogorgon. Or hey, maybe we're going with a Grendel/Grendel's Mother situation. You thought the Demogorgon was bad just wait til you meet Thessalhydra. :D
Spazzifras wrote on 2016-08-17:

Maybe the egg sack is like a cocoon and once a slug has fed enough/grown enough it slimes up a cocoon and morphs into a demogorgon.

Or hey, maybe we're going with a Grendel/Grendel's Mother situation. You thought the Demogorgon was bad just wait til you meet Thessalhydra. :D
tumblr_inline_ojsvh3EcyM1r076v1_75sq.png Aliit. Buirkan. Tor.
1 2 3