Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Overwatch
1 2 ... 343 344 345 346 347 ... 410 411
[img]https://i.imgur.com/fY3lhic.jpg[/img] do you ever just (anyway hi again i was going through my screenshots folder and i've been laughing at this for several hours now)
fY3lhic.jpg

do you ever just

(anyway hi again i was going through my screenshots folder and i've been laughing at this for several hours now)
34820.png
fen || they/them or she/her || FR+9

fire
is never
a gentle master

___J0opiUV.png
[quote name="Fenixinka" date=2017-10-04 14:41:49] [img]https://i.imgur.com/fY3lhic.jpg[/img] do you ever just (anyway hi again i was going through my screenshots folder and i've been laughing at this for several hours now) [/quote] [center]McHanzo confirmed
Fenixinka wrote on 2017-10-04:
fY3lhic.jpg

do you ever just

(anyway hi again i was going through my screenshots folder and i've been laughing at this for several hours now)

McHanzo confirmed
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
@LittleDoctor
Overwatch Contenders playoffs are this weekend! Envyus have not lost a single game this entire tournament, and are the favorites to win. FNRGFE and FAZE are looking to pull a big upset, but a last minute addition to the Envyus roster might jeopardize their chances.
Misfits are the favorites to win in Europe, but I personally haven't been following it too closely.

(Not sure if you already know this, but just in case.)
The Overwatch League has a $20 mil buy-in for a spot, and there are 12 teams: Boston, NY, London, LA(x2), Miami, San Fran, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Shanghai, and Seoul. Pre-season starts this December.
There's... a lot of spicy, spicy drama surrounding the OWL. And memes.

tbh I only got into ow esports cause an ow stream makes for great background noise. >.> Then I discovered nV/Seagull and got dragged into esports hell

@MadaMada
That's true! EU now has a serious chance of winning this entire thing. Are you worried, though, that this might turn away more casual players?

Also also: Mercy's ult literally just got tweaked in the PTR, thoughts anyone?
@LittleDoctor
Overwatch Contenders playoffs are this weekend! Envyus have not lost a single game this entire tournament, and are the favorites to win. FNRGFE and FAZE are looking to pull a big upset, but a last minute addition to the Envyus roster might jeopardize their chances.
Misfits are the favorites to win in Europe, but I personally haven't been following it too closely.

(Not sure if you already know this, but just in case.)
The Overwatch League has a $20 mil buy-in for a spot, and there are 12 teams: Boston, NY, London, LA(x2), Miami, San Fran, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Shanghai, and Seoul. Pre-season starts this December.
There's... a lot of spicy, spicy drama surrounding the OWL. And memes.

tbh I only got into ow esports cause an ow stream makes for great background noise. >.> Then I discovered nV/Seagull and got dragged into esports hell

@MadaMada
That's true! EU now has a serious chance of winning this entire thing. Are you worried, though, that this might turn away more casual players?

Also also: Mercy's ult literally just got tweaked in the PTR, thoughts anyone?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
xxOrUOvuA.png
@Lethia,

Thank you, friend!
@Lethia,

Thank you, friend!
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
Genji and Mei changes in the PTR are just stupid.
Genji and Mei changes in the PTR are just stupid.
hey how you doing? well i'm doing just fine.
i lied i'm dying inside

ness, he/him
looking for a dragon with
obsidian or very dark grey primary
red range secondary
male
lightning primal
willing to pay upwards of 200g, depending on colors and genes
@Wanshu I make it a point not to join voice chat at all since I don't play comp, but this was in the text chat (I play on PC). It's hard to know which person's gonna be "that guy" that types rude remarks until they've already done so, unfortunately. :v

Thanks for the tip regardless, haha. I don't usually let people like that get to me, so I'm already over it. :)
@Wanshu I make it a point not to join voice chat at all since I don't play comp, but this was in the text chat (I play on PC). It's hard to know which person's gonna be "that guy" that types rude remarks until they've already done so, unfortunately. :v

Thanks for the tip regardless, haha. I don't usually let people like that get to me, so I'm already over it. :)
SCSgXJH.png
Pixel from here[\url]
  • +2 FR Time
  • They/Them
@Lethia

I'm not too worried, but I'm not sure how the casual audience will see it. There may be some disconnect but at the same time I think it's more likely for a lot of EU people to end up rooting for NA teams such as EnVyUs and Misfits as they contain a lot of EU players to begin with.

It's really difficult to tell as I've been watching OW esports since beta when it first started. (I really really miss the GosuGamers twitch tournaments..I loved those.) I'm quite hyped for Contenders this weekend though, even though I haven't caught a lot of it -generally speaking I end up playing OW at those times with my stack- and even more so for World Cup at Blizzcon and OWL finally starting in early December!
Here's hoping it's the start of something good(and big) for the OW esports scene and that Blizzard made the right choice in this.

On another note, you made me rush to reddit for info on these Mercy changes.
I'm not exactly what you'd call a "Mercy main" but I play her a lot for our stack outside of my usual Shimada train.
I wish I could say with a straight face that the nerf is too much, but after playing a ton since the changes - mostly QP, but we're doing a lot of 6 stack vs 6 stack generally facing high Diamonds to GMs. Mercy enables a lot of questionable plays, even more so with ult resetting it. Instantly getting back our two reckless carry dps into the fight have turned matches too often and similarly it's quite frustrating to play against. I'm mainly talking about the ult and the fact that it's currently both resetting it and giving it a 10 second timer, while Mercy is incredibly difficult to kill without blowing Visor or Deadeye and if it's a good one you wont catch her with that either cause she won't be out of position.

I like the rework they did to her, I really do, she's incredibly fun to play. BUT the game has sort of devolved to a state where it revolves around Mercy alone and pushed all other supports to the side. New rez having a 10second cd during ult is also frustrating as a dps player and while yes it's technically not that difficult to play around. As in either you focus the Mercy or you focus on killing anything she resses instantly - it takes a lot of coordination to do so in anything that isn't a premade compared to the value the Mercy gets from pressing Q.
Whenever we don't have a Mercy on the team it feels like such a struggle compared to having one, especially if the enemy team runs one..and I swear it also makes people more reckless, thinking 'it's okay, we have a gazillion rezzes' -> I swear that's what our dps thinks anyway haha, but then again, generally speaking I do have a gazillion rezzes, they're not wrong.
Simply put, it was a bit strong and even more so in unorganized situations.

But I really want to play my boy Genji.

Honestly, I think the biggest change isn't so much the rez as it is this little thing;
"Also she no longer gets the momentum from guardian angel..."

Or well, for me it is. I have been abusing the extra momentum from guardian angel to insane effects that I'm extremely difficult to kill as long as my team mates are properly spread out. (No real issue, we have a WM main on the squad.) Not having that makes her easier to catch already, speaking from the point of a Genji player who tails Mercy players to the point of tunnel vision. (nothing personal, I just like to win, I love you guys really <3)

Overall I'm not too sure if the nerfs are too much or not, hard to tell at this point.

For those curious this is what I've gathered from reddit as there's no official patch notes yet:

Mercy Changes:

*Guardian Angel no longer retains momentum
(think WM hook shots if you dont know what it did, worked similar)

*Valkyrie (ult) no longer resets the cooldown of Ressurection and no longer reduces it cooldown to 10 seconds.
(it's now always a fixed 30 seconds, no matter what)
@Lethia

I'm not too worried, but I'm not sure how the casual audience will see it. There may be some disconnect but at the same time I think it's more likely for a lot of EU people to end up rooting for NA teams such as EnVyUs and Misfits as they contain a lot of EU players to begin with.

It's really difficult to tell as I've been watching OW esports since beta when it first started. (I really really miss the GosuGamers twitch tournaments..I loved those.) I'm quite hyped for Contenders this weekend though, even though I haven't caught a lot of it -generally speaking I end up playing OW at those times with my stack- and even more so for World Cup at Blizzcon and OWL finally starting in early December!
Here's hoping it's the start of something good(and big) for the OW esports scene and that Blizzard made the right choice in this.

On another note, you made me rush to reddit for info on these Mercy changes.
I'm not exactly what you'd call a "Mercy main" but I play her a lot for our stack outside of my usual Shimada train.
I wish I could say with a straight face that the nerf is too much, but after playing a ton since the changes - mostly QP, but we're doing a lot of 6 stack vs 6 stack generally facing high Diamonds to GMs. Mercy enables a lot of questionable plays, even more so with ult resetting it. Instantly getting back our two reckless carry dps into the fight have turned matches too often and similarly it's quite frustrating to play against. I'm mainly talking about the ult and the fact that it's currently both resetting it and giving it a 10 second timer, while Mercy is incredibly difficult to kill without blowing Visor or Deadeye and if it's a good one you wont catch her with that either cause she won't be out of position.

I like the rework they did to her, I really do, she's incredibly fun to play. BUT the game has sort of devolved to a state where it revolves around Mercy alone and pushed all other supports to the side. New rez having a 10second cd during ult is also frustrating as a dps player and while yes it's technically not that difficult to play around. As in either you focus the Mercy or you focus on killing anything she resses instantly - it takes a lot of coordination to do so in anything that isn't a premade compared to the value the Mercy gets from pressing Q.
Whenever we don't have a Mercy on the team it feels like such a struggle compared to having one, especially if the enemy team runs one..and I swear it also makes people more reckless, thinking 'it's okay, we have a gazillion rezzes' -> I swear that's what our dps thinks anyway haha, but then again, generally speaking I do have a gazillion rezzes, they're not wrong.
Simply put, it was a bit strong and even more so in unorganized situations.

But I really want to play my boy Genji.

Honestly, I think the biggest change isn't so much the rez as it is this little thing;
"Also she no longer gets the momentum from guardian angel..."

Or well, for me it is. I have been abusing the extra momentum from guardian angel to insane effects that I'm extremely difficult to kill as long as my team mates are properly spread out. (No real issue, we have a WM main on the squad.) Not having that makes her easier to catch already, speaking from the point of a Genji player who tails Mercy players to the point of tunnel vision. (nothing personal, I just like to win, I love you guys really <3)

Overall I'm not too sure if the nerfs are too much or not, hard to tell at this point.

For those curious this is what I've gathered from reddit as there's no official patch notes yet:

Mercy Changes:

*Guardian Angel no longer retains momentum
(think WM hook shots if you dont know what it did, worked similar)

*Valkyrie (ult) no longer resets the cooldown of Ressurection and no longer reduces it cooldown to 10 seconds.
(it's now always a fixed 30 seconds, no matter what)
As a followup to the above, we DO have official notes but they quite obviously does not contain everything (as of writing) as it does not mention the changes to Guardian Angel people are seeing. This is also only regarding the Mercy changes and does not mention any other hero: [quote][b]Mercy[/b] *Valkyrie *No longer resets or lowers Resurrection’s cooldown. Instead it now doubles Resurrection’s range[/quote] https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759218104#post-1
As a followup to the above, we DO have official notes but they quite obviously does not contain everything (as of writing) as it does not mention the changes to Guardian Angel people are seeing. This is also only regarding the Mercy changes and does not mention any other hero:
Quote:
Mercy
*Valkyrie
*No longer resets or lowers Resurrection’s cooldown. Instead it now doubles Resurrection’s range

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759218104#post-1
It's hard to say until I use it myself, but I think I'm fine with the Mercy changes, personally. Her presence in the game currently feels almost oppressive. I'm definitely one of the players in comp right now that are Mercy mains by force and not by choice. I want to win and will flex to whatever we need, and as the meta is at the moment it's have Mercy on your team or lose.

Which is a shame, as I wanted to move towards playing more Ana this season.

Hopefully this will make having her on your team less important and will allow teams to run supports besides just Mercy.
It's hard to say until I use it myself, but I think I'm fine with the Mercy changes, personally. Her presence in the game currently feels almost oppressive. I'm definitely one of the players in comp right now that are Mercy mains by force and not by choice. I want to win and will flex to whatever we need, and as the meta is at the moment it's have Mercy on your team or lose.

Which is a shame, as I wanted to move towards playing more Ana this season.

Hopefully this will make having her on your team less important and will allow teams to run supports besides just Mercy.
"Time to tip the scales!"
00544ed1c9.png
Oh, the Genji buff is a glitch. Thank god.

Still no blue post on Lucio/Junkrat/Mei, though.
Oh, the Genji buff is a glitch. Thank god.

Still no blue post on Lucio/Junkrat/Mei, though.
hey how you doing? well i'm doing just fine.
i lied i'm dying inside

ness, he/him
looking for a dragon with
obsidian or very dark grey primary
red range secondary
male
lightning primal
willing to pay upwards of 200g, depending on colors and genes
1 2 ... 343 344 345 346 347 ... 410 411