Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Overwatch
1 2 ... 143 144 145 146 147 ... 410 411
Just played Overwatch for the first time at a friend's house! My first PvP match ended in a defeat since someone on the team thought that Widowmaker on Attack was a good idea. Afterwards, I played against the AI and did very well as Mei, getting 16 kills in one match without dying! :D
Just played Overwatch for the first time at a friend's house! My first PvP match ended in a defeat since someone on the team thought that Widowmaker on Attack was a good idea. Afterwards, I played against the AI and did very well as Mei, getting 16 kills in one match without dying! :D
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
No idea if people have seen this or not but this music video is intense (especially if you're a Hanzo & Genji fan - like myself)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOXM9f05LQo
No idea if people have seen this or not but this music video is intense (especially if you're a Hanzo & Genji fan - like myself)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOXM9f05LQo
@Morrison

Yes! I love love love this song! I was hoping someone would post it here:D JT also did a Tracer vs Scout song that was pretty epic! But for a Genji main like myself, this song just made my love for him increase ten fold^^ But Hanzo, just makes me sad ;^; Why can't he just love Genji again and be happy!!! Dx
@Morrison

Yes! I love love love this song! I was hoping someone would post it here:D JT also did a Tracer vs Scout song that was pretty epic! But for a Genji main like myself, this song just made my love for him increase ten fold^^ But Hanzo, just makes me sad ;^; Why can't he just love Genji again and be happy!!! Dx
FRT+1
@America50ftw

Genji mains represent!

Seriously the most amazing and fun character in the game to play, even when I screw up and go like "please say no one saw that" haha ;D

Luckily our favorite green cyborg ninja seem to brush off Hanzo's insults like they're nothing, I'm really curious where their story will go from the Dragons short though. I'm sure blizzard has more in store for them! - hope that'll include them actually working together, without trying to kill one another a second time
@America50ftw

Genji mains represent!

Seriously the most amazing and fun character in the game to play, even when I screw up and go like "please say no one saw that" haha ;D

Luckily our favorite green cyborg ninja seem to brush off Hanzo's insults like they're nothing, I'm really curious where their story will go from the Dragons short though. I'm sure blizzard has more in store for them! - hope that'll include them actually working together, without trying to kill one another a second time
@Morrison

I am still a bab Genji^^ Just reached level 25 :D So I've made many many mistakes. I just found out he can dash in directions other than forward and backwards^^: lol oops But that's what makes him so fun to play! His skill ceiling in super high but when you finally git gud with him it will be so worth it! @.@ I can't wait!

I just want them to hug it out and be bros again. Is that too much to ask? I mean yeah Genji is a cyborg now but that just makes him cooler! And he'a such a cinnamon roll how can anyone not love him! Especially Hanzo. If anyone was supposed to be happy about Genji not dying it should be Hanzo! After I saw the Dragons short all I could think of was "...WTH Hanzo! You finally get your brother back! And then you point your arrow at him!?!?!? My precious bab is such an amazing soul he actually forgives you for, oh I don't know, KILLING HIM! You can't just suck it up and except him like a man. Oh no, you try to kill him AGAIN!!! ARUGHGHGHHGHGHGH!!!!!"

I have very strong feelings about Genji^^: lol
@Morrison

I am still a bab Genji^^ Just reached level 25 :D So I've made many many mistakes. I just found out he can dash in directions other than forward and backwards^^: lol oops But that's what makes him so fun to play! His skill ceiling in super high but when you finally git gud with him it will be so worth it! @.@ I can't wait!

I just want them to hug it out and be bros again. Is that too much to ask? I mean yeah Genji is a cyborg now but that just makes him cooler! And he'a such a cinnamon roll how can anyone not love him! Especially Hanzo. If anyone was supposed to be happy about Genji not dying it should be Hanzo! After I saw the Dragons short all I could think of was "...WTH Hanzo! You finally get your brother back! And then you point your arrow at him!?!?!? My precious bab is such an amazing soul he actually forgives you for, oh I don't know, KILLING HIM! You can't just suck it up and except him like a man. Oh no, you try to kill him AGAIN!!! ARUGHGHGHHGHGHGH!!!!!"

I have very strong feelings about Genji^^: lol
FRT+1
@America50ftw

Right now I'm level 219 with about ~50hours on Genji, not counting the hours on hours I played him in open beta as I decided that I really wanted to learn how to play him (didn't touch him much in closed...I was scared haha) and while I've gotten a good grasp of him it still feels like I have a lot to learn.

..and on the lately I've been sinning and playing wow, but last night I decided to get my act together and go back to practice him for my competitive placement matches.
I didn't even play him in competitive during season 1 as I was too scared to take him in there, also I got stuck playing main tank roles for a six stack most of it.
But now I'm determined to play him in comp if given the chance, I do flex roles and characters but Genji is love, Genji is life <3

I had some really good games today though so it seems like I'm getting back into my groove, just gotta keep at it! But I can hardly call myself a pro Genji with only 50 hours, even if I have my moments of brilliance. I equally have my moments of major facepalm-why-did-I-do-that!
I'm close but not quite as close as I want to be!
Bright side though, after each death I ask myself; why did I die? and take that experience forward to *hopefully* not pull the same mistake again.

Prime example of me having a moment of brilliance...only to mess it up in the following seconds. (..why did Reaper have to show up..! ..and why did I walk into him?!)
https://gfycat.com/IdioticNextBellsnake

Hanzo is dealing with some real internal conflicts now when he knows his brother is alive, good ol Genji lecturing him about it before he leaves "Think on that, brother" <3

...now I want to play more Overwatch but I should really sleep
@America50ftw

Right now I'm level 219 with about ~50hours on Genji, not counting the hours on hours I played him in open beta as I decided that I really wanted to learn how to play him (didn't touch him much in closed...I was scared haha) and while I've gotten a good grasp of him it still feels like I have a lot to learn.

..and on the lately I've been sinning and playing wow, but last night I decided to get my act together and go back to practice him for my competitive placement matches.
I didn't even play him in competitive during season 1 as I was too scared to take him in there, also I got stuck playing main tank roles for a six stack most of it.
But now I'm determined to play him in comp if given the chance, I do flex roles and characters but Genji is love, Genji is life <3

I had some really good games today though so it seems like I'm getting back into my groove, just gotta keep at it! But I can hardly call myself a pro Genji with only 50 hours, even if I have my moments of brilliance. I equally have my moments of major facepalm-why-did-I-do-that!
I'm close but not quite as close as I want to be!
Bright side though, after each death I ask myself; why did I die? and take that experience forward to *hopefully* not pull the same mistake again.

Prime example of me having a moment of brilliance...only to mess it up in the following seconds. (..why did Reaper have to show up..! ..and why did I walk into him?!)
https://gfycat.com/IdioticNextBellsnake

Hanzo is dealing with some real internal conflicts now when he knows his brother is alive, good ol Genji lecturing him about it before he leaves "Think on that, brother" <3

...now I want to play more Overwatch but I should really sleep
@Morrison

I started playing Overwatch literally the day after the Summer Games ended (R.I.P. MCcree Skin that I'll never own ;^;) So I only have like 7.5 hours with Genji^^: I'd have a heck of a lot more if people would pick tanks and healers more so I don't have to:/ I'm not even touching competitive until I am actually decent at Overwatch in general. I'm still learning maps and discovering what characters can and can't do. Not to mention I have to fiddle with my controls quite a bit since I play on a laptop with an integrated video card^^: I get a ton of lag during team fights and it's the worst thing ever because that is the perfect time for a Genji ult. But like you said, with every loss I analyze and determine what I can do differently, what I can do better, and what I did right. Genji is going to be super hard to master but also super rewarding. And honestly now that I've played him more than anyone else, I suck with every other hero. I am constantly forgetting things.

Example :
"What? Why didn't my swift strike wo- OHHHHH I'm Reinhart...crap!"
or my personal favorite
"Jump, jump, jump, JUMP!!! WHY CAN'T ANYONE JUMP AS HIGH AS GENJI???????????"

lol Someday Genji will get through to Hanzo^^ Until then though I will remain salty every time he steals play of the game. "Damn you Hanzo! Haven't you taken enough??!!"

Sleep is good^^ I need more of it but Overwatch calls for me:D Have a a good rest^^
@Morrison

I started playing Overwatch literally the day after the Summer Games ended (R.I.P. MCcree Skin that I'll never own ;^;) So I only have like 7.5 hours with Genji^^: I'd have a heck of a lot more if people would pick tanks and healers more so I don't have to:/ I'm not even touching competitive until I am actually decent at Overwatch in general. I'm still learning maps and discovering what characters can and can't do. Not to mention I have to fiddle with my controls quite a bit since I play on a laptop with an integrated video card^^: I get a ton of lag during team fights and it's the worst thing ever because that is the perfect time for a Genji ult. But like you said, with every loss I analyze and determine what I can do differently, what I can do better, and what I did right. Genji is going to be super hard to master but also super rewarding. And honestly now that I've played him more than anyone else, I suck with every other hero. I am constantly forgetting things.

Example :
"What? Why didn't my swift strike wo- OHHHHH I'm Reinhart...crap!"
or my personal favorite
"Jump, jump, jump, JUMP!!! WHY CAN'T ANYONE JUMP AS HIGH AS GENJI???????????"

lol Someday Genji will get through to Hanzo^^ Until then though I will remain salty every time he steals play of the game. "Damn you Hanzo! Haven't you taken enough??!!"

Sleep is good^^ I need more of it but Overwatch calls for me:D Have a a good rest^^
FRT+1
@Morrison

HELLO YES SOMEONE ASK FOR GENJI MAINS?

I'm at 20 hours and climbing, help me... I feel like my skill has gone down though as my hours have went up??? It might just be me still trying to adjust to the nerf even though I've been practicing, idk. My hours on Reinhardt is climbing steadily as well, I mainly play Reinhardt with a good friend of mine who has the same skin(Griefhardt). We call each other the "Rein bros" and we even have a stupidly hilarious backstory to match. I'll post it here if anybody says they wanna read it! To my surprise, 2 idiots that are good friends on a voicechat + 2 reinhardts brings a surprising number of victories.
@Morrison

HELLO YES SOMEONE ASK FOR GENJI MAINS?

I'm at 20 hours and climbing, help me... I feel like my skill has gone down though as my hours have went up??? It might just be me still trying to adjust to the nerf even though I've been practicing, idk. My hours on Reinhardt is climbing steadily as well, I mainly play Reinhardt with a good friend of mine who has the same skin(Griefhardt). We call each other the "Rein bros" and we even have a stupidly hilarious backstory to match. I'll post it here if anybody says they wanna read it! To my surprise, 2 idiots that are good friends on a voicechat + 2 reinhardts brings a surprising number of victories.
4eULBaO.png
@NovaRaptor

The new combo takes some getting used to, although I've been "lucky" in the fact that I sort of played Genji in a way before the nerf similar to how you have to play him now. I only really notice the triple jump nerf ;_; (..have to remember to not try to melee->dash though..)

My main downfall when playing him is if I start to hesitate or become too passive, he really feels like do or die. No fear, don't think too much since you gotta react so fast to stay alive and get kills. Why I love playing him but also why I can have issues due to being a person with an awfully active mind.
Been getting better with that on the lately though, mostly because I try to not underestimate myself, I do that sometimes and that's what turns me passive since I'm not sure I can secure the kill if I go in. But if I don't try I won't know right? Most of the time I will secure the kill, it really was just silly thinking. Gotta take risks to learn anyway!

Man I love this character <3

Fun fact, Reinhardt is my 2nd most played character (mostly due to the fact that for awhile I was playing in a six stack, no one wanted to pick him up) I'm a very aggressive Rein though and love laying down the hammer into the enemy team haha!
I'm curious about that backstory, hint, hint, nudge :>

Also Zarya is a babe, queen of carry.

...Hanzo is 3rd, but we shall not speak of that blasphemy <3 I love playing him too, okay!
@NovaRaptor

The new combo takes some getting used to, although I've been "lucky" in the fact that I sort of played Genji in a way before the nerf similar to how you have to play him now. I only really notice the triple jump nerf ;_; (..have to remember to not try to melee->dash though..)

My main downfall when playing him is if I start to hesitate or become too passive, he really feels like do or die. No fear, don't think too much since you gotta react so fast to stay alive and get kills. Why I love playing him but also why I can have issues due to being a person with an awfully active mind.
Been getting better with that on the lately though, mostly because I try to not underestimate myself, I do that sometimes and that's what turns me passive since I'm not sure I can secure the kill if I go in. But if I don't try I won't know right? Most of the time I will secure the kill, it really was just silly thinking. Gotta take risks to learn anyway!

Man I love this character <3

Fun fact, Reinhardt is my 2nd most played character (mostly due to the fact that for awhile I was playing in a six stack, no one wanted to pick him up) I'm a very aggressive Rein though and love laying down the hammer into the enemy team haha!
I'm curious about that backstory, hint, hint, nudge :>

Also Zarya is a babe, queen of carry.

...Hanzo is 3rd, but we shall not speak of that blasphemy <3 I love playing him too, okay!
@Morrison Yeah, I still use shuriken > melee > dash combo on accident even though I'm a heavy melee user as genji anyways. I feel you when it comes to hesitation, I'll just walk the map boundaries because I can't do anything and I start feeling like a letdown to my team :c. Sometimes my aim with the shurikens is just so horrible I'm like "Wth what's up with me today?" I gotta learn to take more risks I guess, no risk, no reward! As far as that Rein story goes... :P The 2 Reinhardt brothers were sent to a retirement home together after a long life and long participation in the wars of the past. The 2 rein brothers, being natural drinkers, always asked the ladies at the retirement home to serve them beer, and they refused everytime until the day of their death where they died together. After they had been buried, they came back from the grave (As griefhardt skin ;) ) and they were MAD because they would never serve them beer! So naturally they went to a bar together to satisfy their need, and they got drunk. SO it dawned on them... Why not have a giant bar fight? (Those who oppose the fight are on the enemy team, those in favor are on the friendly team. And that's the true story of Overwatch pvp and the Rein bros. The end. xD) EDIT: Genji is coming together so well *screams* And so is Reaper [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26605372] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/266054/26605372_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26244836] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/262449/26244836_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Morrison

Yeah, I still use shuriken > melee > dash combo on accident even though I'm a heavy melee user as genji anyways. I feel you when it comes to hesitation, I'll just walk the map boundaries because I can't do anything and I start feeling like a letdown to my team :c. Sometimes my aim with the shurikens is just so horrible I'm like "Wth what's up with me today?" I gotta learn to take more risks I guess, no risk, no reward!

As far as that Rein story goes... :P
The 2 Reinhardt brothers were sent to a retirement home together after a long life and long participation in the wars of the past. The 2 rein brothers, being natural drinkers, always asked the ladies at the retirement home to serve them beer, and they refused everytime until the day of their death where they died together. After they had been buried, they came back from the grave (As griefhardt skin ;) ) and they were MAD because they would never serve them beer! So naturally they went to a bar together to satisfy their need, and they got drunk. SO it dawned on them... Why not have a giant bar fight?

(Those who oppose the fight are on the enemy team, those in favor are on the friendly team. And that's the true story of Overwatch pvp and the Rein bros. The end. xD)

EDIT: Genji is coming together so well *screams* And so is Reaper

26605372_350.png

26244836_350.png
4eULBaO.png
1 2 ... 143 144 145 146 147 ... 410 411