Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Panic Attacks. How do you deal....
1 2
Oh jeeze. They're the worst. I don't get them too often, but when I do, it's bad because it usually means it took a great deal to get me there. I'm not sure if this helps for all types. Mine are usually brought on from visual/audible overstimulation of some environment, or social anxiety.

Naturally one of the best things to do is to try and completely remove yourself from whatever is overwhelming you. For me, getting to a dark, quiet place and keeping very still calms me down. Again I don't know if it's everyone, but I get really, really overheated when I'm having a panic attack, and it just escalates the feeling of not being able to breathe for me. Sitting near a fan helps clear my head. In extreme cases, I've actually rested my upper arms and head in the freezer, as weird as it may sound.

If I'm feeling "out of it", I talk to myself and focus as hard as I can on forming coherent sentences. Talking to myself slowly gets me back down to earth, so long as I'm focusing and trying to say things that make sense instead of just babbling random things.
Oh jeeze. They're the worst. I don't get them too often, but when I do, it's bad because it usually means it took a great deal to get me there. I'm not sure if this helps for all types. Mine are usually brought on from visual/audible overstimulation of some environment, or social anxiety.

Naturally one of the best things to do is to try and completely remove yourself from whatever is overwhelming you. For me, getting to a dark, quiet place and keeping very still calms me down. Again I don't know if it's everyone, but I get really, really overheated when I'm having a panic attack, and it just escalates the feeling of not being able to breathe for me. Sitting near a fan helps clear my head. In extreme cases, I've actually rested my upper arms and head in the freezer, as weird as it may sound.

If I'm feeling "out of it", I talk to myself and focus as hard as I can on forming coherent sentences. Talking to myself slowly gets me back down to earth, so long as I'm focusing and trying to say things that make sense instead of just babbling random things.
PAfw65w.png
If it's really bad I take Ativan. I have two different types of panic attacks. One includes this crazy need to not ever stop moving and shaking and feeling like everything is going a 1000mph and for that one I try to jump around and exhaust myself a lot while the other type basically mentally paralyzes me and I'm afraid to move and it feels like the entire sky is basically going to crash down on me. For that latter tend to hide somewhere if I can get myself to move and focus on steadying my breathing
If it's really bad I take Ativan. I have two different types of panic attacks. One includes this crazy need to not ever stop moving and shaking and feeling like everything is going a 1000mph and for that one I try to jump around and exhaust myself a lot while the other type basically mentally paralyzes me and I'm afraid to move and it feels like the entire sky is basically going to crash down on me. For that latter tend to hide somewhere if I can get myself to move and focus on steadying my breathing
8dtZ7nB.png
1 2