Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Shin Megami Tensei/Persona Discussion
1 2 3
MEGATEN FANS OF FLIGHT RISING, TALK TO MEEE

What was the last SMT game you played or are playing right now?
Your favorite game?
What are you excited for?

Right now, I'm trying to 100% Devil Survivor Overclocked (though that'll be put on the backburner once I get Xenoblade X).
I don't think I have a number one favorite game, but DSO is definitely up there.
I'm pretty hyped for Persona 5 and SMT Final, I'll have to see more of SMT x Fire Emblem before I'm sold on it.

Discuss.
MEGATEN FANS OF FLIGHT RISING, TALK TO MEEE

What was the last SMT game you played or are playing right now?
Your favorite game?
What are you excited for?

Right now, I'm trying to 100% Devil Survivor Overclocked (though that'll be put on the backburner once I get Xenoblade X).
I don't think I have a number one favorite game, but DSO is definitely up there.
I'm pretty hyped for Persona 5 and SMT Final, I'll have to see more of SMT x Fire Emblem before I'm sold on it.

Discuss.
7utxZ9x.png
@Celox okay, omg, so the only SMT games I've played have been the Persona series but whoo boy am i excited for Persona 5. The gameplay improved so much from P2 and now i just, i love Persona so much, P3 was my life. I'm always excited for new games though, especially seeing as I really want to play the Xenoblade and Fire Emblem games but I'm not sure what they're like?
though i do miss being able to dance your fights away in the games after P2
@Celox okay, omg, so the only SMT games I've played have been the Persona series but whoo boy am i excited for Persona 5. The gameplay improved so much from P2 and now i just, i love Persona so much, P3 was my life. I'm always excited for new games though, especially seeing as I really want to play the Xenoblade and Fire Emblem games but I'm not sure what they're like?
though i do miss being able to dance your fights away in the games after P2
tumblr_inline_njny437T5Q1sztcmx.png
Mark me down as another person who only played the Persona series. Can't wait for 5 to come out.
Mark me down as another person who only played the Persona series. Can't wait for 5 to come out.
NBeoOgB.png
@celox YOOOO MY PEOPLE i've only played persona games tho because smt doesn't really interest me too much

i can't remember if i played persona q or 4 last but p3 is my fave since it was my intro into the series (pq is my second fave tho since everyone from 3 and 4 are cute lil chibis also zen is my child)

AND I'M SUPER DUPER PUMPED FOR PERSONA 5 I MIGHT BUY A PS4 JUST TO PLAY THAT ONE GAME
@celox YOOOO MY PEOPLE i've only played persona games tho because smt doesn't really interest me too much

i can't remember if i played persona q or 4 last but p3 is my fave since it was my intro into the series (pq is my second fave tho since everyone from 3 and 4 are cute lil chibis also zen is my child)

AND I'M SUPER DUPER PUMPED FOR PERSONA 5 I MIGHT BUY A PS4 JUST TO PLAY THAT ONE GAME
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
I've played a little of P4, I really enjoyed it (but i got stuck and i'm going to start over i think)
I'm trying to download P3 right now, but the PSN is being really funky. :/
I've played a little of P4, I really enjoyed it (but i got stuck and i'm going to start over i think)
I'm trying to download P3 right now, but the PSN is being really funky. :/
I finished Persona 4 yesterday. Still need to play the third one but the controls on my phone make it a bit difficult.

Will need to buy a 3DS again if I wanna play SMTIV: Final. I was on the Neutral route of SMTIV but gave up because of the quests I had to do to finish it.
I finished Persona 4 yesterday. Still need to play the third one but the controls on my phone make it a bit difficult.

Will need to buy a 3DS again if I wanna play SMTIV: Final. I was on the Neutral route of SMTIV but gave up because of the quests I had to do to finish it.
@Gatorskater @Evbay @Hollyshark Ironically, even though it's more popular I haven't actually played Persona (tfw no Playstation). I've seen let's plays of 3 and 4 though, enough to be hyped for 5.

Also, Xenoblade and FE are both great. Xenoblade is an RPG with MMO-like combat elements, and a huge world to explore plus a great story (I think there's a Xenoblade thread here on the forums too). Fire Emblem is an SRPG.

@Philemon
Oooh dear, the quests. I didn't want to deal with having to hunt them all down so I used a walkthrough for that part, lol. It sucks but I think the ending was worth it.
@Gatorskater @Evbay @Hollyshark Ironically, even though it's more popular I haven't actually played Persona (tfw no Playstation). I've seen let's plays of 3 and 4 though, enough to be hyped for 5.

Also, Xenoblade and FE are both great. Xenoblade is an RPG with MMO-like combat elements, and a huge world to explore plus a great story (I think there's a Xenoblade thread here on the forums too). Fire Emblem is an SRPG.

@Philemon
Oooh dear, the quests. I didn't want to deal with having to hunt them all down so I used a walkthrough for that part, lol. It sucks but I think the ending was worth it.
7utxZ9x.png
Playing SMT2 right now, having a blast. Will probably either play the SNES versions of the original MT (because they're translated now), Demikids, Last Bible/Revelations, or the PS1 Persona 2 games in order (because the PSP emulator won't work right on my tablet, and I'm not going to settle for the hilariously bad P1 localization that cuts parts of gameplay out).
Playing SMT2 right now, having a blast. Will probably either play the SNES versions of the original MT (because they're translated now), Demikids, Last Bible/Revelations, or the PS1 Persona 2 games in order (because the PSP emulator won't work right on my tablet, and I'm not going to settle for the hilariously bad P1 localization that cuts parts of gameplay out).
My writing project.
@Chronosplit
Yeah, I've heard good things about SMT 2. Have you played the first one? I'm slowly but surely making my way through the IOS port (older games always take me a while to get used to after being spoiled by shiny new ones...).
@Chronosplit
Yeah, I've heard good things about SMT 2. Have you played the first one? I'm slowly but surely making my way through the IOS port (older games always take me a while to get used to after being spoiled by shiny new ones...).
7utxZ9x.png
@Celox

My username likes this thread <:)

I LOOOOOVE SMT & the Persona series! I'm playing Digital Devil Saga right now but it's on hold until I finish Raidou. My favourite game is Lucifer's Call and I'm looking most forward to Persona 5 (the MC's persona looks 1000x better than P4's!).
@Celox

My username likes this thread <:)

I LOOOOOVE SMT & the Persona series! I'm playing Digital Devil Saga right now but it's on hold until I finish Raidou. My favourite game is Lucifer's Call and I'm looking most forward to Persona 5 (the MC's persona looks 1000x better than P4's!).
OjayHBU.png
1 2 3