Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Bookwyrms' Reading Lair: VOTE NOW
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@IndigoRyu Thanks! Good to know. :)
@IndigoRyu Thanks! Good to know. :)
@juncosongs

I've been meaning to read "His Majesty's Dragon", so that works out well

This sounds very interesting! I may or may not be able to participate, depending, but in either case I highly recommend Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett!
@juncosongs

I've been meaning to read "His Majesty's Dragon", so that works out well

This sounds very interesting! I may or may not be able to participate, depending, but in either case I highly recommend Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett!
eppAZHY.pngu1qMgY0.png SqnIrhs.png
@LilacsandFreedom

OMG ME TOO sorry for the all-caps but Terry Pratchett is worth it. And he has such interesting concepts for dragons, between the swamp dragons and the alternate dimension stuff!

Ok, sorry, enough spazzing, going to go put it on the list now . . .

Also, there's no pressure to participate at all. Even if you do, you needn't read all the books--in fact, you could read just one, if that's all you want/can manage. :)
@LilacsandFreedom

OMG ME TOO sorry for the all-caps but Terry Pratchett is worth it. And he has such interesting concepts for dragons, between the swamp dragons and the alternate dimension stuff!

Ok, sorry, enough spazzing, going to go put it on the list now . . .

Also, there's no pressure to participate at all. Even if you do, you needn't read all the books--in fact, you could read just one, if that's all you want/can manage. :)
@juncosongs

YESSSS, TERRY PRATCHETT. Always worth all caps!
No need to apologize for freaking out over Pterry though- he's definitely worth it XD

Fine by me c:
If anything, I'll try to always keep tabs on this thread n_n
@juncosongs

YESSSS, TERRY PRATCHETT. Always worth all caps!
No need to apologize for freaking out over Pterry though- he's definitely worth it XD

Fine by me c:
If anything, I'll try to always keep tabs on this thread n_n
eppAZHY.pngu1qMgY0.png SqnIrhs.png
@juncosongs
I have one more series but it's not primarily about dragons is that alright? The main characters are griffons and wolves to an extent, though dragons are mentioned in the first book and appear in the second, they have the biggest role in the third. Do wyverns count as well? Oh and there's another series where the main character turns into a dragon as well as his friends though they turn into other creatures. And I just found a third wow I have a problem with dragon books.
@juncosongs
I have one more series but it's not primarily about dragons is that alright? The main characters are griffons and wolves to an extent, though dragons are mentioned in the first book and appear in the second, they have the biggest role in the third. Do wyverns count as well? Oh and there's another series where the main character turns into a dragon as well as his friends though they turn into other creatures. And I just found a third wow I have a problem with dragon books.
5511.png tumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif6073.png
@Vrykolakas
Since at the moment I don't think we'll be reading entire series, I'm going to have to pass on the first one you mention. It sounds great, but I think dragons should feature centrally or make an actual appearance in the books that we read.

The other book you mention sounds promising! Actually, it sounds vaguely like a book I've read--this hasn't got anything to do with digging up a celtic cross and such, does it? Either way, please do tell us the title/author!

Hey, you're allowed to propose as many books as you like! Fire away, please. :)
@Vrykolakas
Since at the moment I don't think we'll be reading entire series, I'm going to have to pass on the first one you mention. It sounds great, but I think dragons should feature centrally or make an actual appearance in the books that we read.

The other book you mention sounds promising! Actually, it sounds vaguely like a book I've read--this hasn't got anything to do with digging up a celtic cross and such, does it? Either way, please do tell us the title/author!

Hey, you're allowed to propose as many books as you like! Fire away, please. :)
Aaah alright that makes sense. And no it doesn't have to do with digging up
a celtic cross (that sounds interesting though!), here I'll try to get the info
The Island of Fog, Keith Robinson
ISBN Not to certain on how to find that on a Kindle book
Length: Again unsure because I bought it on a kindle but it isn't too long of a read.
Language: English
TW: In later books there's some blood but I highly doubt there's any in the first book.
It's part of a series, and the first book deals with them figuring out that they can turn into mythical creatures. Anything else is a spoiler!
Wings of Fire: The Dragonet Prophecy, Tui T. Sutherland (who also is one of the Erin Hunters, the people who write the Warriors series)
ISBN: Bought on the kindle again whoops
Pages: Unsure but is a medium read I think
Language: English but has probably been translated into other languages.
TW: Blood
It's another series that you've probably already read? I have no idea how popular it is but it's more for middle schoolers I guess but the writing style is like Warriors if you've read that. It has nowhere near the amount of book Warriors has though!
If anyone has the paperback versions of these or how to find the page numbers I'd appreciate it!
Aaah alright that makes sense. And no it doesn't have to do with digging up
a celtic cross (that sounds interesting though!), here I'll try to get the info
The Island of Fog, Keith Robinson
ISBN Not to certain on how to find that on a Kindle book
Length: Again unsure because I bought it on a kindle but it isn't too long of a read.
TW: In later books there's some blood but I highly doubt there's any in the first book.
It's part of a series, and the first book deals with them figuring out that they can turn into mythical creatures. Anything else is a spoiler!
Wings of Fire: The Dragonet Prophecy, Tui T. Sutherland (who also is one of the Erin Hunters, the people who write the Warriors series)
ISBN: Bought on the kindle again whoops
Pages: Unsure but is a medium read I think
Language: English but has probably been translated into other languages.
TW: Blood
It's another series that you've probably already read? I have no idea how popular it is but it's more for middle schoolers I guess but the writing style is like Warriors if you've read that. It has nowhere near the amount of book Warriors has though!
If anyone has the paperback versions of these or how to find the page numbers I'd appreciate it!
5511.png tumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif6073.png
@juncosongs Ooh, add me to the pinglist too?

I have a recommendations too, the Dragon Jouster series by Mercedes Lackey. The first book is called Joust.
ISBN: 0756401224
ISBN13: 9780756401221
Release Date: March 2003
Publisher: DAW
Length: 384 Pages
@juncosongs Ooh, add me to the pinglist too?

I have a recommendations too, the Dragon Jouster series by Mercedes Lackey. The first book is called Joust.
ISBN: 0756401224
ISBN13: 9780756401221
Release Date: March 2003
Publisher: DAW
Length: 384 Pages
I'm up for Joust as well. I remember enjoying it, though if I remember correctly it contains slavery, violence, and child abuse near the beginning.
I'm up for Joust as well. I remember enjoying it, though if I remember correctly it contains slavery, violence, and child abuse near the beginning.
windh3.png
@Vrykolakas

Ooh, thanks for the suggestions! I hadn't read the dragonlet series, but I was indeed nose-deep in the Warriors series during middle school. Kind of shocking how popular that was . . .

And don't worry about the ISBN, page number, etc--you can find those by looking the book up on Amazon!

@emeralddragons

Welcome to the Circle! Sounds intriguing--I'll go ahead and add it to the list (with @OMGZombehs TWs)!
@Vrykolakas

Ooh, thanks for the suggestions! I hadn't read the dragonlet series, but I was indeed nose-deep in the Warriors series during middle school. Kind of shocking how popular that was . . .

And don't worry about the ISBN, page number, etc--you can find those by looking the book up on Amazon!

@emeralddragons

Welcome to the Circle! Sounds intriguing--I'll go ahead and add it to the list (with @OMGZombehs TWs)!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11