Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Haikyuu!!
1 2 3
Anyone else following Haikyuu? Who's your fav character and why?
Anyone else following Haikyuu? Who's your fav character and why?
@SkyGem

YESSSSS oh my god i'm absolutely in love with haikyuu!! so much! I've been reading fics like crazy lately

It's so difficult to pick a favorite since it's impossible to not adore every single character! But probably Kenma and Kuroo - I love them both too much. Suga and Bokuto are up there on my favs too though! i love everyone
@SkyGem

YESSSSS oh my god i'm absolutely in love with haikyuu!! so much! I've been reading fics like crazy lately

It's so difficult to pick a favorite since it's impossible to not adore every single character! But probably Kenma and Kuroo - I love them both too much. Suga and Bokuto are up there on my favs too though! i love everyone
97f1bd05c230620a8af8fd6a35118ace3f5937a1.png
tumblr_p732foPLUF1rdxogmo4_r1_250.gif
em | she/her | +0 FR time | lorenz enthusiast
[/center][/center]
@SkyGem

im slowly catching up to the manga, i just havent been reading it as much lately since ive been watching other shows but im determined to be completely caught up by the time the second season of the anime airs (which im so excited for)

my favorite character is probably kageyama. i love seeing how he changes as the story progresses, slowly becoming more open and expressive with his teammates/friends. because honestly he looks really intimidating but hes a huge dweeb tbh

its so hard just picking one character, they're all so great
@SkyGem

im slowly catching up to the manga, i just havent been reading it as much lately since ive been watching other shows but im determined to be completely caught up by the time the second season of the anime airs (which im so excited for)

my favorite character is probably kageyama. i love seeing how he changes as the story progresses, slowly becoming more open and expressive with his teammates/friends. because honestly he looks really intimidating but hes a huge dweeb tbh

its so hard just picking one character, they're all so great
zaIUUhT.png6RccYha.gif
@litterbox

I know how you feel omg XD It took me forever to decide. Like Hinata and Kageyama are my favourite duo, but platonically and as a pairing. But then Kuroo is definitely the hottest in my eyes.

But in the end, my favourite character has to be Nishinoya XD And yeah, I know that's probably kinda weird but I can't help it. He's just so amazing! I just love characters who are always dorky and loud and cheerful, but are surprisingly graceful and ****** when they're doing what they love.
@litterbox

I know how you feel omg XD It took me forever to decide. Like Hinata and Kageyama are my favourite duo, but platonically and as a pairing. But then Kuroo is definitely the hottest in my eyes.

But in the end, my favourite character has to be Nishinoya XD And yeah, I know that's probably kinda weird but I can't help it. He's just so amazing! I just love characters who are always dorky and loud and cheerful, but are surprisingly graceful and ****** when they're doing what they love.
@SkyGem

I 100% agree with everything omg like Hinata and Kageyama work so so well romantically and platonically that sometimes I can't decide what I prefer more :o and yeesssssssssss that's honestly the first thing I thought about Kuroo and then he grew on me with his personality but dang dude he could stand there and look pretty and I'd love him still

That's not weird at all! Nishinoya is such an amazing guy - honestly I get really hyped whenever he has a scene and every single time Tanaka PICKS HIM UP WHEN THEY GET EXCITED ! I live for those moments
@SkyGem

I 100% agree with everything omg like Hinata and Kageyama work so so well romantically and platonically that sometimes I can't decide what I prefer more :o and yeesssssssssss that's honestly the first thing I thought about Kuroo and then he grew on me with his personality but dang dude he could stand there and look pretty and I'd love him still

That's not weird at all! Nishinoya is such an amazing guy - honestly I get really hyped whenever he has a scene and every single time Tanaka PICKS HIM UP WHEN THEY GET EXCITED ! I live for those moments
[/center][/center]
@Seregios

I feel you there XD I have so many shows to watch recently, and not much time to watch them. I started watching Haikyuu yesterday and breezed through ten episodes of it before I had to stop XD Then today I had work, so I couldn't watch any more, but I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow. Also, it should be noted that I caught up on all 164 (at the time) chapters in three days XD I tend to get obsessed...

As for Kageyama, seeing his character development has definitely been one of the highlights of the series for me. It's amazing seeing him go from that egocentric king to the team player he is now. I just love him so much and it really makes me sad whenever I think about the way his teammates from Kitagawa Daiichi treated him. Because in the end, it's not like he was trying to be a tyrant. He was just too socially awkward to express himself properly, and he couldn't see past his own natural talents long enough to see that not everyone was as naturally talented as he was, and he couldn't expect them to be. Seeing him bloom thanks to his interactions with Hinata is really amazing.

I also think it's really refreshing that he isn't a genius in schoolwork too, but just a stupid dork XD Too often the geniuses in sports mangas are also super smart and it gets tiring after a while. It's nice to see one who's only got volleyball on his brain. It makes him seem far more human, and really very adorable.
@Seregios

I feel you there XD I have so many shows to watch recently, and not much time to watch them. I started watching Haikyuu yesterday and breezed through ten episodes of it before I had to stop XD Then today I had work, so I couldn't watch any more, but I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow. Also, it should be noted that I caught up on all 164 (at the time) chapters in three days XD I tend to get obsessed...

As for Kageyama, seeing his character development has definitely been one of the highlights of the series for me. It's amazing seeing him go from that egocentric king to the team player he is now. I just love him so much and it really makes me sad whenever I think about the way his teammates from Kitagawa Daiichi treated him. Because in the end, it's not like he was trying to be a tyrant. He was just too socially awkward to express himself properly, and he couldn't see past his own natural talents long enough to see that not everyone was as naturally talented as he was, and he couldn't expect them to be. Seeing him bloom thanks to his interactions with Hinata is really amazing.

I also think it's really refreshing that he isn't a genius in schoolwork too, but just a stupid dork XD Too often the geniuses in sports mangas are also super smart and it gets tiring after a while. It's nice to see one who's only got volleyball on his brain. It makes him seem far more human, and really very adorable.
@SkyGem

aaa you took the words right out of my mouth. and golly you have no idea how hard i laughed when the tokyo arc started. im so excited to see that animated

along with bokuto, hes a fav too
@SkyGem

aaa you took the words right out of my mouth. and golly you have no idea how hard i laughed when the tokyo arc started. im so excited to see that animated

along with bokuto, hes a fav too
zaIUUhT.png6RccYha.gif
@litterbox KageHina is my OTP ngl. I spent like three days reading all the doujins I could for them and today after I got home from work I spent way too long reading fics XD I would've read more too, but for some reason my attention span decided to go kaput, and I couldn't concentrate anymore, which sucks.

And as for the thing about Tanaka picking him up, I just love it so much XD I live for those kinds of friendships. Those two idiot second-years are absolutely hilarious together, and it just makes it better because you just KNOW that they would do absolutely anything for their teammates. But you know, even though I like those two as bros, I ship Noya-san with Asahi XD
@litterbox KageHina is my OTP ngl. I spent like three days reading all the doujins I could for them and today after I got home from work I spent way too long reading fics XD I would've read more too, but for some reason my attention span decided to go kaput, and I couldn't concentrate anymore, which sucks.

And as for the thing about Tanaka picking him up, I just love it so much XD I live for those kinds of friendships. Those two idiot second-years are absolutely hilarious together, and it just makes it better because you just KNOW that they would do absolutely anything for their teammates. But you know, even though I like those two as bros, I ship Noya-san with Asahi XD
@Seregios Oh my god, the Tokyo arc just about killed me! "Is that the Tokyo tower?" XDD Goddamn these boys are adorable little country hicks and I jsut love them too much.

Another thing I really loved about the Tokyo arc is how friendly all the different teams are. In so many sports mangas, the teams all hate each other and if they have a practice match together, they always end up being so hostile towards each other. I just love that in Haikyuu, they made them all such good friends. They go out to eat together, and they don't limit their private practices to just people on their own team. I just love that Bokuto doesn't even think twice about teaching Hinata everything he knows XD And then his teammates blow up at him during the practice match when Hinata takes advantage of his new skills XD
@Seregios Oh my god, the Tokyo arc just about killed me! "Is that the Tokyo tower?" XDD Goddamn these boys are adorable little country hicks and I jsut love them too much.

Another thing I really loved about the Tokyo arc is how friendly all the different teams are. In so many sports mangas, the teams all hate each other and if they have a practice match together, they always end up being so hostile towards each other. I just love that in Haikyuu, they made them all such good friends. They go out to eat together, and they don't limit their private practices to just people on their own team. I just love that Bokuto doesn't even think twice about teaching Hinata everything he knows XD And then his teammates blow up at him during the practice match when Hinata takes advantage of his new skills XD
@SkyGem Kuroo and Kenma are my go-to pairing for fics with KageHina being a super duper close second. The other day on ao3 I started going through all of the Kuroo/Ken fics and I think i'm about halfway through? Taking a well deserved break at the moment lol

I wish there were more Noya and Asahi moments ! There's not enough to quench my thirst lol

I seriously cannot wait for the whole training camp arc to be animated - There's so much that happens and all the characters are together basically and it's my favorite!! Especially with Kuroo and Bokuto's "oho ho ho?" "oho ho?" bury me in their friendship
@SkyGem Kuroo and Kenma are my go-to pairing for fics with KageHina being a super duper close second. The other day on ao3 I started going through all of the Kuroo/Ken fics and I think i'm about halfway through? Taking a well deserved break at the moment lol

I wish there were more Noya and Asahi moments ! There's not enough to quench my thirst lol

I seriously cannot wait for the whole training camp arc to be animated - There's so much that happens and all the characters are together basically and it's my favorite!! Especially with Kuroo and Bokuto's "oho ho ho?" "oho ho?" bury me in their friendship
[/center][/center]
1 2 3