Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | closed
1 2
And the first thing they do is terrify it into a corner so it doesn't move, and run right to my house and scare the **** outta me n mom.
This poor baby is so terrified of anything that moves and I'm not sure if it's weaned by it's mom before the neighbors passed it off to me.
It's currently hiding is a box on a towel and i'm going to risk my hand once more to see if I can get it to nurse off a towel or if it's just too scared to eat.
And the first thing they do is terrify it into a corner so it doesn't move, and run right to my house and scare the **** outta me n mom.
This poor baby is so terrified of anything that moves and I'm not sure if it's weaned by it's mom before the neighbors passed it off to me.
It's currently hiding is a box on a towel and i'm going to risk my hand once more to see if I can get it to nurse off a towel or if it's just too scared to eat.
3VhHRrh.png
@Quinny

Awww, poor baby!
@Quinny

Awww, poor baby!
Just as a helpful hint when pinging me, there is no extra I in my name ^^
fjv5Fbi.gifWHUTaoR.gif
@Quinny Poor baby! With lots of patience and love, the kitten will likely start to feel more comfortable.

My sweet little kitty (~9 mos) was also born feral. While he is still very skittish - and probably always will be - he is very comfortable with my roommates and me. He even sleeps on the bed at my feet now, which is something I assumed he'd never be able to do when I first brought him home!
I wouldn't trade him for anything. I was very blessed he was able to be caught and nursed back to health. :)

I hope the kitten eats soon! Please keep us posted! :D
@Quinny Poor baby! With lots of patience and love, the kitten will likely start to feel more comfortable.

My sweet little kitty (~9 mos) was also born feral. While he is still very skittish - and probably always will be - he is very comfortable with my roommates and me. He even sleeps on the bed at my feet now, which is something I assumed he'd never be able to do when I first brought him home!
I wouldn't trade him for anything. I was very blessed he was able to be caught and nursed back to health. :)

I hope the kitten eats soon! Please keep us posted! :D
xJ2w989.png
@Quinny

Poor kitty ;-; HERE is a good way to tell how old a kitten is.

And a good way to not get attacked by kitten is by getting as close to the ground, and always try to go with your palms up, and using very slow movements. It tells them you mean no harm. And it's also a good idea to make sure said kitten can see around the room that it's in, so a random noise to the side won't freak it out as much.

Hope this helps.
@Quinny

Poor kitty ;-; HERE is a good way to tell how old a kitten is.

And a good way to not get attacked by kitten is by getting as close to the ground, and always try to go with your palms up, and using very slow movements. It tells them you mean no harm. And it's also a good idea to make sure said kitten can see around the room that it's in, so a random noise to the side won't freak it out as much.

Hope this helps.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
@airfish
I seemed to have faux purred and gotten spit at enough to earn the ability to fingerpet the baby. He/she's no longer cowering in the corner of the box anymore.
Still no eating or drinking yet tho.
@Amura
Poor babby is too starved for me to really use that properly. But guessing from his face and ear as a reference s/he's about 6-ish weeks.
@airfish
I seemed to have faux purred and gotten spit at enough to earn the ability to fingerpet the baby. He/she's no longer cowering in the corner of the box anymore.
Still no eating or drinking yet tho.
@Amura
Poor babby is too starved for me to really use that properly. But guessing from his face and ear as a reference s/he's about 6-ish weeks.
3VhHRrh.png
@Quinny

All sites, and references I could find say to take the kitten to the vet ASAP. (Or one of those 24 hour pet hospitals, They're good too.) Sadly, kittens are weaned after 10 weeks. The best option I can think of for this minute though is put a very small dish with milk on it. It MAY know how to eat by itself though. If you have treats you can mush those up, and put them on a towel.

Leaving the kitten in a room by itself for a good long while is the best way to ensure that it can calm down, and drink without having to worry if something will come get it. :<
@Quinny

All sites, and references I could find say to take the kitten to the vet ASAP. (Or one of those 24 hour pet hospitals, They're good too.) Sadly, kittens are weaned after 10 weeks. The best option I can think of for this minute though is put a very small dish with milk on it. It MAY know how to eat by itself though. If you have treats you can mush those up, and put them on a towel.

Leaving the kitten in a room by itself for a good long while is the best way to ensure that it can calm down, and drink without having to worry if something will come get it. :<
emVSLIq.png
SquishyPanda
Move slowly, speak quietly, and always give them time to sniff you before attempting to touch them. Even if you just touched them two minutes ago.
Getting them to a vet is a good idea, especially if the baby seems malnourished or dehydrated. They might give the poor thing an emergency iv to rehydrate them.
Beyond that, the kitten will need lots of tlc and lots of socialization. But finding them so young means they have a much better chance of getting them used to life with humans.
Move slowly, speak quietly, and always give them time to sniff you before attempting to touch them. Even if you just touched them two minutes ago.
Getting them to a vet is a good idea, especially if the baby seems malnourished or dehydrated. They might give the poor thing an emergency iv to rehydrate them.
Beyond that, the kitten will need lots of tlc and lots of socialization. But finding them so young means they have a much better chance of getting them used to life with humans.
10225726.png14219798.png21614768.png
@Amura
I get paid on friday, but we got em after vet hours and theres no way i can afford a 24 hr vet. Calls will be made tomorrow to see if they'll give us a broke person visit. I've got other cats so the baby is gunna have to stay isolated until i see how expensive the shots are. even if it's gunna be a few weeks until they can get them dome.

@Rauhiss
Rehydrated isn;t too far off, his nose isn't completely dry. Hopefully the vet has some time first thing in the morning.
@Amura
I get paid on friday, but we got em after vet hours and theres no way i can afford a 24 hr vet. Calls will be made tomorrow to see if they'll give us a broke person visit. I've got other cats so the baby is gunna have to stay isolated until i see how expensive the shots are. even if it's gunna be a few weeks until they can get them dome.

@Rauhiss
Rehydrated isn;t too far off, his nose isn't completely dry. Hopefully the vet has some time first thing in the morning.
3VhHRrh.png
Awwwww
Awwwww
FR Blog
Main/Humor blog
@Quinny

I wish you the best of luck then, I really do. ;-; I've been in a somewhat similar situation, so I understand.

If all else fails, and it absolutely won't drink anything, the best thing for you to do is get something like an eye dropper. You'll probably need to wrap it up in a blanket so it can't move, and put it as far back in it's mouth that'll make sure she can't turn away, and will automatically swallow it. Just be slow about it.

I do the same thing with my cat who has allergy medicine. He hates it, but it gets the job done.
@Quinny

I wish you the best of luck then, I really do. ;-; I've been in a somewhat similar situation, so I understand.

If all else fails, and it absolutely won't drink anything, the best thing for you to do is get something like an eye dropper. You'll probably need to wrap it up in a blanket so it can't move, and put it as far back in it's mouth that'll make sure she can't turn away, and will automatically swallow it. Just be slow about it.

I do the same thing with my cat who has allergy medicine. He hates it, but it gets the job done.
emVSLIq.png
SquishyPanda
1 2