Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | RIP Cecil the lion
1 2
So I just logged on Twitter to find this happened.

Apparently some big game poacher shot and killed one of Zimbabwe's national parks' beloved Cecil the lion with a bow and arrow "unknowingly" (and also illegally). It was said that the guy who shot him is a big game hunter who does this all the time legally, and was also said that he's a dentist and known sexual harasser (?). remind anyone of that netflix movie teeth?

I love big cats too much to read the whole article, since it contains photos of his "trophies", but it's the top trending hashtag on twitter right now, and it looks like he might be charged?
So I just logged on Twitter to find this happened.

Apparently some big game poacher shot and killed one of Zimbabwe's national parks' beloved Cecil the lion with a bow and arrow "unknowingly" (and also illegally). It was said that the guy who shot him is a big game hunter who does this all the time legally, and was also said that he's a dentist and known sexual harasser (?). remind anyone of that netflix movie teeth?

I love big cats too much to read the whole article, since it contains photos of his "trophies", but it's the top trending hashtag on twitter right now, and it looks like he might be charged?
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
He better be charged?? That's horrible :c
He better be charged?? That's horrible :c
@Hollyshark:

This is why I hate poachers and trophy hunters in general. It's one thing to hunt responsibly, but it's another to hunt because you're greedy or only just want a nice head on your wall. *shudders*

I hope Cecil died quickly and painlessly. RIP, beautiful lion, whoever you were. I hope your murderer gets charged, because no animal deserves such a terrible fate.

Also, sexual harassment and dentistry? That sounds like something out of some crazy crime novel. It'd be morbidly fascinating if it weren't for the fact that this guy shot an innocent lion. :(
@Hollyshark:

This is why I hate poachers and trophy hunters in general. It's one thing to hunt responsibly, but it's another to hunt because you're greedy or only just want a nice head on your wall. *shudders*

I hope Cecil died quickly and painlessly. RIP, beautiful lion, whoever you were. I hope your murderer gets charged, because no animal deserves such a terrible fate.

Also, sexual harassment and dentistry? That sounds like something out of some crazy crime novel. It'd be morbidly fascinating if it weren't for the fact that this guy shot an innocent lion. :(
qvTNuJR.pnglogo16_zps302d6ac7.png Utter Phasma Trash
This is absolutely horrid :-( I hope that guy gets charged for killing Cecile and gets arrested for harassment. Why would anyone even shoot arrows anywhere near a national park/zoo if they know there's living animals nearby not made for hunting anyway?? It's not like you can just shoot stuff without having a single chance of accidentally shooting something you didnt intend to. Rest in peace you lovely lion, Cecil
This is absolutely horrid :-( I hope that guy gets charged for killing Cecile and gets arrested for harassment. Why would anyone even shoot arrows anywhere near a national park/zoo if they know there's living animals nearby not made for hunting anyway?? It's not like you can just shoot stuff without having a single chance of accidentally shooting something you didnt intend to. Rest in peace you lovely lion, Cecil
LuK3uhq.png wC5zS4I.png CISPrku.png
JDlFtpY.png
BJZhFXG.png
5hF3FGk.png
N4H5kbr.png
Oh it was definitely not "unknowing"

He bribed park officials $55,000 to let him shoot the lion. Cecil was a local celebrity because of how tame he was. He definitely knew what he was doing.

I hope they strap some steaks onto him and release him into a pride of hungry lions.

Trophy hunters are scum. Shame on the lot of them.

He bribed park officials $55,000 to let him shoot the lion. Cecil was a local celebrity because of how tame he was. He definitely knew what he was doing.

I hope they strap some steaks onto him and release him into a pride of hungry lions.

Trophy hunters are scum. Shame on the lot of them.
[quote name="MythGriffin24" date=2015-07-28 17:46:39]I hope Cecil died quickly and painlessly. RIP, beautiful lion, whoever you were. I hope your murderer gets charged, because no animal deserves such a terrible fate.[/quote] lol nope, he was first shot during the night and just left there, and the next morning the hunters found cecil and finished him off but yeah there was another article claiming that the guy was a harasser tho idk how credible it is @Mythgriffin24
MythGriffin24 wrote on 2015-07-28:

lol nope, he was first shot during the night and just left there, and the next morning the hunters found cecil and finished him off

but yeah there was another article claiming that the guy was a harasser tho idk how credible it is

@Mythgriffin24
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
Bleh, shooting lions in general is a really cowardly thing to do.

RIP Cecil. </3
Bleh, shooting lions in general is a really cowardly thing to do.

RIP Cecil. </3
-woody
-she/her
-very bisexual
-type 1 diabetic
-dragon sales
-coli grinding
0a336a4f9a312bb09aa01acd45192ada8875c8ea.png shadow.gif
[quote name="Kuhli" date=2015-07-28 17:54:55] Oh it was definitely not "unknowing" He bribed park officials $55,000 to let him shoot the lion. Cecil was a local celebrity because of how tame he was. He definitely knew what he was doing. [/quote] @Kuhli would you happen to have a source on this? i'm looking for it, because i read the same thing, but i don't remember where.
Kuhli wrote on 2015-07-28:

@Kuhli
would you happen to have a source on this? i'm looking for it, because i read the same thing, but i don't remember where.
Tarnished Cerdae Necklace she/they
fr+1
@vulstal

Here is one of many.

Googling "dentist bribed park to kill cecil" brings up a swath of articles on it
@vulstal

Here is one of many.

Googling "dentist bribed park to kill cecil" brings up a swath of articles on it
oh no! ;n;
what a horrible, twisted person. i can't believe people actually like killing things :C

@Kuhli yes feed him to the lions!
oh no! ;n;
what a horrible, twisted person. i can't believe people actually like killing things :C

@Kuhli yes feed him to the lions!
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
1 2