Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Temporomandibular Disorder
1 2
@Psycho ahh okay. i should probably get that checked... i still go to the orthodontist because of my retainers so i'll probably see if i can bring it up at the next appointment. i've had so much stuff in my mouth that i wouldn't be surprised if it caused issues.
@Psycho ahh okay. i should probably get that checked... i still go to the orthodontist because of my retainers so i'll probably see if i can bring it up at the next appointment. i've had so much stuff in my mouth that i wouldn't be surprised if it caused issues.
@Psycho
Yeah, hopefully if you can't get it checked out/fixed, it will become more tolerable over time? Or become less severe? idk, one of those seems to be the direction mine went in--although after my appliance came off, I can see why it would have been the worst for me right then. Wishing the best for you!
@Psycho
Yeah, hopefully if you can't get it checked out/fixed, it will become more tolerable over time? Or become less severe? idk, one of those seems to be the direction mine went in--although after my appliance came off, I can see why it would have been the worst for me right then. Wishing the best for you!
@LittleLion TMJ can also affect eyesight too, it causes little spots and lines in the vision that don't seem to go away... even if that's not what you have it might be worth treating it before it gets to that point. Have you tried putting ibuprofen gel on the joint? It should stop the aching.

@superbearwars Thank you! Just out of curiosity, what appliance did you have?
@LittleLion TMJ can also affect eyesight too, it causes little spots and lines in the vision that don't seem to go away... even if that's not what you have it might be worth treating it before it gets to that point. Have you tried putting ibuprofen gel on the joint? It should stop the aching.

@superbearwars Thank you! Just out of curiosity, what appliance did you have?
Heart.gif
@psycho
I couldn't say what it was called. :( It's been so long. But I'm pretty sure it was for giving me a cosmetic underbite? It was really awful, I could only chew with my front teeth (which is as annoying as it sounds), and the damn thing came apart every so often if I opened my mouth too wide (hard to explain).
@psycho
I couldn't say what it was called. :( It's been so long. But I'm pretty sure it was for giving me a cosmetic underbite? It was really awful, I could only chew with my front teeth (which is as annoying as it sounds), and the damn thing came apart every so often if I opened my mouth too wide (hard to explain).
@Psycho oh I can still sing, I just can't do it as much as I did in college (3+ days a week). Which is okay by me, I'd rather play violin than sing, and violin doesn't put strain on my jaw (it does, however, hurt my shoulders after a while, which is a whole 'nother issue).

IIRC the realignment was mostly accomplished with the clever application of crowns and implants.
@Psycho oh I can still sing, I just can't do it as much as I did in college (3+ days a week). Which is okay by me, I'd rather play violin than sing, and violin doesn't put strain on my jaw (it does, however, hurt my shoulders after a while, which is a whole 'nother issue).

IIRC the realignment was mostly accomplished with the clever application of crowns and implants.
bmc86yo.pngC7i9WrC.pngcOEuydC.pngMUSskfQ.png
@superbearwars

Oh! I think I know what you mean, I've seen some for overbites that attach to the roof of the mouth. They seem so fiddly and medieval!
@superbearwars

Oh! I think I know what you mean, I've seen some for overbites that attach to the roof of the mouth. They seem so fiddly and medieval!
Heart.gif
@psycho
With the metal rods? Yech! Yeah... just... ghaiuwehowea.
@psycho
With the metal rods? Yech! Yeah... just... ghaiuwehowea.
1 2