Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Greetings, fellow organ meat eaters!
1 2 3
It also helps to have a nice selection of ethnic shops/markets nearby. Walmart, HEB and Randall's sure don't carry the goods.
I like to go to a local Asian market and see what different meats are there. It's quite interesting! Chicken feet, black chicken, tongue, etc.
It also helps to have a nice selection of ethnic shops/markets nearby. Walmart, HEB and Randall's sure don't carry the goods.
I like to go to a local Asian market and see what different meats are there. It's quite interesting! Chicken feet, black chicken, tongue, etc.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
@Oranitha

I love offal! Livers, gizzards, hearts, kidneys, tongue, bone marrow... I grew up eating a lot of Filipino food, and there's a lot of offal in that. Sisig is one of my favorite Filipino dishes.
@Oranitha

I love offal! Livers, gizzards, hearts, kidneys, tongue, bone marrow... I grew up eating a lot of Filipino food, and there's a lot of offal in that. Sisig is one of my favorite Filipino dishes.
RXOnopg.gif
  • heath.
  • she/they.
  • gay pirate.
  • disabled.
Can't say I expected to find this thread here--but I'm so glad it exists! Nothing beats a good beef heart stew, if you ask me, and chicken livers and kidneys are amazing when cooked properly. I'll confess I've never gotten the hang of tripe, but I am definitely of the opinion that organ meats are underutilized in American cuisine.

It helps that I live in a pretty diverse neighborhood; even the big chain supermarkets stock organ meats around here.
Can't say I expected to find this thread here--but I'm so glad it exists! Nothing beats a good beef heart stew, if you ask me, and chicken livers and kidneys are amazing when cooked properly. I'll confess I've never gotten the hang of tripe, but I am definitely of the opinion that organ meats are underutilized in American cuisine.

It helps that I live in a pretty diverse neighborhood; even the big chain supermarkets stock organ meats around here.
It's really common in where I live (Singapore) to find all sorts of organs like pig liver and others and it is the norm to eat them.
It's really common in where I live (Singapore) to find all sorts of organs like pig liver and others and it is the norm to eat them.
rFG4FSy.gif HWUyWaT.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
fwY7xo3.png
@Oranitha
That chicken liver recipe looks so nice! I love offal, especially kidneys (pan-fried lambs' kidneys make the best breakfast ever), liver, and tongue. Here in Scotland there's also plenty of delicious haggis. :D
@Oranitha
That chicken liver recipe looks so nice! I love offal, especially kidneys (pan-fried lambs' kidneys make the best breakfast ever), liver, and tongue. Here in Scotland there's also plenty of delicious haggis. :D
ACWh8m8.png
Just the thought of this freaks me out, but who am I to judge?
Anywho, just ask my mom, she LOVES goat brain.
(I'd share the recipe but it's 6 AM and I don't want to wake her ;-;)
Just the thought of this freaks me out, but who am I to judge?
Anywho, just ask my mom, she LOVES goat brain.
(I'd share the recipe but it's 6 AM and I don't want to wake her ;-;)
1V5lI2H.png
Well, I learned something today.

I've only heard the word for this spoken out loud before, not written, and I literally thought it was 'awful' like a sarcastic statement on organ meat being considered undesirable.

*Headdesk*
Well, I learned something today.

I've only heard the word for this spoken out loud before, not written, and I literally thought it was 'awful' like a sarcastic statement on organ meat being considered undesirable.

*Headdesk*
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
I love tongue, it's super soft and tasty when boiled.
I love tongue, it's super soft and tasty when boiled.
ZPPY.png
It'a a love-it-or-hate-it thing where I live, but I really really like beef livers.

Also, tripe soup. It's delicious. Fun fact; our local name of the dish literally translates to ''guts'', ha ha.
It'a a love-it-or-hate-it thing where I live, but I really really like beef livers.

Also, tripe soup. It's delicious. Fun fact; our local name of the dish literally translates to ''guts'', ha ha.
hP3vDfK.gif
My favourite organ food is liver with rice and this mushroom sauce I forgot the name of. Tongue is also very good ^.^ I don't have any recipes though because me and cooking don't mix.
My favourite organ food is liver with rice and this mushroom sauce I forgot the name of. Tongue is also very good ^.^ I don't have any recipes though because me and cooking don't mix.
PXC8hgn.png
1 2 3