Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | FF7 remake!
So this happened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G57vtB6NU-Y

What do you guys think? Are you all excited?

I'm kind of excited. I liked the game, the characters, and the atmosphere/world of the original game. However, I was never really to fond of the storyline. I think there's better FF games they could have remade but I guess this one is the most popular. I think they should remake some of the side FF7 games like Dirge of Cerberus (I always liked that game).
So this happened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G57vtB6NU-Y

What do you guys think? Are you all excited?

I'm kind of excited. I liked the game, the characters, and the atmosphere/world of the original game. However, I was never really to fond of the storyline. I think there's better FF games they could have remade but I guess this one is the most popular. I think they should remake some of the side FF7 games like Dirge of Cerberus (I always liked that game).
@Aunva I'm really surprised they announced it. I'm believed for years that it would never happen, that it was too cost intensive, that it wouldn't hold up with rating changes, etc. I think it's prety cool.
While FFVII was never my favorite PSone game, I still wouldn't mind playing it again. Though I hope if it sells well enough we'll get a FFIX remake too.
@Aunva I'm really surprised they announced it. I'm believed for years that it would never happen, that it was too cost intensive, that it wouldn't hold up with rating changes, etc. I think it's prety cool.
While FFVII was never my favorite PSone game, I still wouldn't mind playing it again. Though I hope if it sells well enough we'll get a FFIX remake too.
S9GIMwM.pngyKp0KRf.png8Wxihjh.gif
Someone's hurting for money
Someone's hurting for money
@Selnyam That's how I feel. It wasn't my favorite but I still enjoyed it. I'm honestly really excited to see the world in new high def graphics. Just what I've seen from the trailers it looks beautiful.

@MissW00t I thought the same when I first heard about it and that's why I think they decided to go with FF7 because how popular it is and how it'll probably make a good amount of money. It seems like the game industry has been doing a lot of remakes recently.
@Selnyam That's how I feel. It wasn't my favorite but I still enjoyed it. I'm honestly really excited to see the world in new high def graphics. Just what I've seen from the trailers it looks beautiful.

@MissW00t I thought the same when I first heard about it and that's why I think they decided to go with FF7 because how popular it is and how it'll probably make a good amount of money. It seems like the game industry has been doing a lot of remakes recently.
I never played a Final Fantasy game before. I'm not that excited over it, but I am currently considering playing the remake when it comes out.
I never played a Final Fantasy game before. I'm not that excited over it, but I am currently considering playing the remake when it comes out.
@Aunva

I for one am extremely excited. FFVII may not be my favourite game in terms of story, or in terms of franchise, but it was seminal in terms of creative, gaming, and narrative influence for me. One of the things you have to remember is that there was really nothing like it at the time. Cloud is a deconstruction of a lot of JRPG tropes. You don't really see it because after that, a lot of the narrative conventions in the game became pretty much a JRPG standard, or were ripped off, or just became as cliche.

There's still a lot to love. For me, it's a killer app for the PS4, the way that Crisis Core was the reason I bought a PSP.
@Aunva

I for one am extremely excited. FFVII may not be my favourite game in terms of story, or in terms of franchise, but it was seminal in terms of creative, gaming, and narrative influence for me. One of the things you have to remember is that there was really nothing like it at the time. Cloud is a deconstruction of a lot of JRPG tropes. You don't really see it because after that, a lot of the narrative conventions in the game became pretty much a JRPG standard, or were ripped off, or just became as cliche.

There's still a lot to love. For me, it's a killer app for the PS4, the way that Crisis Core was the reason I bought a PSP.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch