Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So. Splatoon?
1 2 3
Who else is excited for the release tomorrow? Nine hours for me. Whoo! ^^

*makes squid noises*

*I don't know what noises squids make*
Who else is excited for the release tomorrow? Nine hours for me. Whoo! ^^

*makes squid noises*

*I don't know what noises squids make*
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
i found my bretheren
i downloaded it earlier its amazing the graphics woooah
already level 10 *exited squid noises*
i found my bretheren
i downloaded it earlier its amazing the graphics woooah
already level 10 *exited squid noises*
bmkYwEK.png
I don't have a Wii U. ;;A ;;
I don't have a Wii U. ;;A ;;
Played it today. I'm level 4, am I cool yet?

It's a little finicky with the camera, and I can't say I *love* it, but the visuals, the style and just the atmosphere is great and with some practice, I think It'll become really fun. Not to mention the clothes. I MUST HOARD ALL THE PRETTY CLOTHES.

Definitely a game I'll play when I want to relax and play with other people (something I haven't done for years, even in MMOs I always go solo). It's a nice break from another game I brought recently, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Never have I screamed that much at a monkey. Damn rocket barrels and temple levels.
Played it today. I'm level 4, am I cool yet?

It's a little finicky with the camera, and I can't say I *love* it, but the visuals, the style and just the atmosphere is great and with some practice, I think It'll become really fun. Not to mention the clothes. I MUST HOARD ALL THE PRETTY CLOTHES.

Definitely a game I'll play when I want to relax and play with other people (something I haven't done for years, even in MMOs I always go solo). It's a nice break from another game I brought recently, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Never have I screamed that much at a monkey. Damn rocket barrels and temple levels.
I absolutely LOVE Splatoon ^^
I find it hard to level up, which is fine, cus the battles are like 2 minutes long and are high adrenaline enough that I don't mind how long it takes. I do hope I can unlock a hoodie soon. xD

Eitherway. It's fantastic. Camera is wonky but hey! I love it already.
I absolutely LOVE Splatoon ^^
I find it hard to level up, which is fine, cus the battles are like 2 minutes long and are high adrenaline enough that I don't mind how long it takes. I do hope I can unlock a hoodie soon. xD

Eitherway. It's fantastic. Camera is wonky but hey! I love it already.
b3d97d1b-9455-4c05-8433-fa2988e4ac59.png
I'm going to pick it up today after work. But oh man I expect to have so much fun for like 24 hours. Then I'm going across the country and I won't be able to play. T_T Y'all will probably unlock ranked mode while I'm gone.
I'm going to pick it up today after work. But oh man I expect to have so much fun for like 24 hours. Then I'm going across the country and I won't be able to play. T_T Y'all will probably unlock ranked mode while I'm gone.
take_it_easy_present_by_thesleepyghosty-db15l86.pngM5RokZd.pngtake_it_easy_bob_by_thesleepyghosty-db15l7z.png
I normally don't like shooters but that's why I main roller! Just gotta use defense+ and running speed+ gear and I will GO
I normally don't like shooters but that's why I main roller! Just gotta use defense+ and running speed+ gear and I will GO
Cooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.png
IM EXCITED BUT I DONT HAVE A WII U RIP
i wanna be a squid kid..... :<
IM EXCITED BUT I DONT HAVE A WII U RIP
i wanna be a squid kid..... :<
k2pEFmO.png
I'm now three worlds into the single-player campaign, so, early thoughts: 1. Disable the motion controls as soon as it lets you. Motion-controlled cameras are always awful. 2. I wish it had off-TV play. My TV and long-distance vision are both terrible and I wanna see the pretty neon graphics properly. ;~; Hopefully, they'll add it in a future update, even if only for single-player. 3. Otherwise, this is AWESOME and definitely worth the price (especially since it's a discount title!). It's like Mario Sunshine, TF2 and Portal had a... Squid. [img]http://i.imgur.com/AZhrf9N.jpg[/img] 4. Also, the tessellating squids printed on the disc are really cute and I want them for my desktop wallpaper.
I'm now three worlds into the single-player campaign, so, early thoughts:

1. Disable the motion controls as soon as it lets you. Motion-controlled cameras are always awful.

2. I wish it had off-TV play. My TV and long-distance vision are both terrible and I wanna see the pretty neon graphics properly. ;~; Hopefully, they'll add it in a future update, even if only for single-player.

3. Otherwise, this is AWESOME and definitely worth the price (especially since it's a discount title!). It's like Mario Sunshine, TF2 and Portal had a... Squid.

AZhrf9N.jpg

4. Also, the tessellating squids printed on the disc are really cute and I want them for my desktop wallpaper.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
And now, after enough multiplayer matches to get to Lvl 5, a few more thoughts:

1. I am so, so glad that there's no voice chat or anything like that. I don't play too many multiplayer games because the close-quarters social aspect freaks me the hell out, but as an anonymous squid, we might as well all be bots, and that's the way I like it. This is so much fun. ^-^

2. PAINT ROLLER OP PLZ NERF.
And now, after enough multiplayer matches to get to Lvl 5, a few more thoughts:

1. I am so, so glad that there's no voice chat or anything like that. I don't play too many multiplayer games because the close-quarters social aspect freaks me the hell out, but as an anonymous squid, we might as well all be bots, and that's the way I like it. This is so much fun. ^-^

2. PAINT ROLLER OP PLZ NERF.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
1 2 3