Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What foreign languages do you know?
1 2 3 4 5
I'm living in Belgium and since we have three official languages, I had to follow language lessons in school.
  • My mother tongue is Dutch
  • I started to learn French in school at the age of 12
  • English is not an official language here, but we don't dub movies or series, so we hear a lot of English on the TV or on the internet. That's where I started learning it at the age of 10. I had to take English classes when I was 14 years old.
  • I started to learn German in school at the age of 16
  • I graduated at the age of 19 so no more English, French or German language classes for me!
  • I'm currently studying Japanese language and culture in university. This was my own choice.

Doesn't mean I'm fluent in all of them, but it's nice to know a decent amount of each. ^^

If you want to practice your Dutch or Japanese with me, please PM me. :D
I'm living in Belgium and since we have three official languages, I had to follow language lessons in school.
  • My mother tongue is Dutch
  • I started to learn French in school at the age of 12
  • English is not an official language here, but we don't dub movies or series, so we hear a lot of English on the TV or on the internet. That's where I started learning it at the age of 10. I had to take English classes when I was 14 years old.
  • I started to learn German in school at the age of 16
  • I graduated at the age of 19 so no more English, French or German language classes for me!
  • I'm currently studying Japanese language and culture in university. This was my own choice.

Doesn't mean I'm fluent in all of them, but it's nice to know a decent amount of each. ^^

If you want to practice your Dutch or Japanese with me, please PM me. :D
Image3_1x1_zpsrg6mskc2.gifImage3_1x2_zpsuovcka44.gifImage3_1x3_zpspddykc0r.gif
Image3_2x1_zpshav0cnhy.gifImage3_2x2_zps0f5f24yv.gifImage3_2x3_zps7vge5ltm.gif
Image3_3x1_zpsmfst9sin.gifImage3_3x2_zpsn0tpmmvh.gifImage3_3x3_zpslzaainva.gif
I'm...attempting to learn German...slowly.... As well as making pathetic attempts at Czech.
I'm...attempting to learn German...slowly.... As well as making pathetic attempts at Czech.
frice_right_sword_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxyzg.png
spanish
spanish
m2YbpzO.png tumblr_inline_o0idl15pQv1qg2i5p_540.png
Hablo español, pero sólo un poco... Y estoy mas o menos mal. (I speak Spanish, but only a little... And I'm more or less bad. :D)
I guess that's 2 years of it for ya.

And though it may not count, I'd love to learn Latin.
Hablo español, pero sólo un poco... Y estoy mas o menos mal. (I speak Spanish, but only a little... And I'm more or less bad. :D)
I guess that's 2 years of it for ya.

And though it may not count, I'd love to learn Latin.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
Japanese
French
Dutch
German
and maltese XD
Japanese
French
Dutch
German
and maltese XD
I can read and understand a decent amount of French, but I can't speak or write it. Alas...

I've been on-and-off teaching myself Japanese, and I think I'm gonna take an online university course for it soon. Translating video games sounds like a decent job. :0
I can read and understand a decent amount of French, but I can't speak or write it. Alas...

I've been on-and-off teaching myself Japanese, and I think I'm gonna take an online university course for it soon. Translating video games sounds like a decent job. :0
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Shanghainese and Mandarin are my natives. I'm not fluent at speaking English due to lack of practice, but I can understand it and write it. And I'm using Duolingo too. Learning German there, although slowly... It's much more difficult than English... I've been battling it for a year but only making minimal progress... x_x
Shanghainese and Mandarin are my natives. I'm not fluent at speaking English due to lack of practice, but I can understand it and write it. And I'm using Duolingo too. Learning German there, although slowly... It's much more difficult than English... I've been battling it for a year but only making minimal progress... x_x
33otegj.jpg
I've been taking French since grade 3, so I understand a lot of words.
I've been taking French since grade 3, so I understand a lot of words.
Don't worry about it. Silly Arcade's just telling magnetic field jokes for his own amusement.
I speak both Finnish and Swedish fluently. My mother's tongue is technically Finnish since that's what I speak more of but I've been in Swedish schools from 7 years old up to 18 years old so I'm pretty strong with Swedish too. I also speak good English, at least I suppose so. :'D And with Swedish comes understanding Norwegian pretty well, and written Danish to some extent.

I've studied Spanish and Russian in the past but I don't remember much anymore. Maybe someday I'll pick up on a language again. Currently I'm not studying any languages.
I speak both Finnish and Swedish fluently. My mother's tongue is technically Finnish since that's what I speak more of but I've been in Swedish schools from 7 years old up to 18 years old so I'm pretty strong with Swedish too. I also speak good English, at least I suppose so. :'D And with Swedish comes understanding Norwegian pretty well, and written Danish to some extent.

I've studied Spanish and Russian in the past but I don't remember much anymore. Maybe someday I'll pick up on a language again. Currently I'm not studying any languages.
ef45fe38258e11fa1b5e3bbc6d78d1f5d5c67737.png GeFqd6P.png GeFqd6P.png
  • cera
  • she/they/it
  • fr time +10
1 2 3 4 5