Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pets anyone?
1 2 3 4
@Devlyn
She's had a few escapades outside but freaks out when she gets out and goes all scaredy cat mode and won't even let me near her. It's amusing when I'm not worried about it. She loves watching the birds though so she gets a leash every now and then and gets to explore the bushes in the apartment yard and chirp back at the birds.

I live with him now, and she is happy kitty that always sleeps between us to leach as much heat as possible from us both. XD
@Devlyn
She's had a few escapades outside but freaks out when she gets out and goes all scaredy cat mode and won't even let me near her. It's amusing when I'm not worried about it. She loves watching the birds though so she gets a leash every now and then and gets to explore the bushes in the apartment yard and chirp back at the birds.

I live with him now, and she is happy kitty that always sleeps between us to leach as much heat as possible from us both. XD
@HiddenMica That's adorable! Steak usually pauses when he's outside because he never knows what to do since he didn't expect to make it that far. Casper is a huge hunter despite her lack of claws and will stay on the property and chirp at me to let me know where she is when I frantically call her name in a panic. OTL
She also chirps at birds and can perfectly mimic a pigeon or squirrel. So they're always at the window. Always.
@HiddenMica That's adorable! Steak usually pauses when he's outside because he never knows what to do since he didn't expect to make it that far. Casper is a huge hunter despite her lack of claws and will stay on the property and chirp at me to let me know where she is when I frantically call her name in a panic. OTL
She also chirps at birds and can perfectly mimic a pigeon or squirrel. So they're always at the window. Always.
plague_banner_by_silverybeast-d7eggdt.png
@Devlyn
Oh she can't hunt... She's been beaten up by a lady bug. (She was stalking it, it bounced off her nose mid flight and she panicked and hid under the bed for a half hour.)
She's caught things before... Like the moth she licked to death... or the mouse that she gave (perfectly alive and unharmed) to mama as a present at my mothers...
@Devlyn
Oh she can't hunt... She's been beaten up by a lady bug. (She was stalking it, it bounced off her nose mid flight and she panicked and hid under the bed for a half hour.)
She's caught things before... Like the moth she licked to death... or the mouse that she gave (perfectly alive and unharmed) to mama as a present at my mothers...
@HiddenMica Aw, she's trying to feed you. That is adorable though. Steak is like that. Casper has tried so many times to teach him but gave up two years ago.
Speaking of Steak, he just came up to me reeking of perfume. Fm he probably knocked a bottle over.
@HiddenMica Aw, she's trying to feed you. That is adorable though. Steak is like that. Casper has tried so many times to teach him but gave up two years ago.
Speaking of Steak, he just came up to me reeking of perfume. Fm he probably knocked a bottle over.
@Devlyn
Moochie is named such because she mooches smooches, every night before bed she comes up and gives nose kisses. Originally is was Mushi, but it twisted to Moochie and stuck. XD
@Devlyn
Moochie is named such because she mooches smooches, every night before bed she comes up and gives nose kisses. Originally is was Mushi, but it twisted to Moochie and stuck. XD
@HiddenMica Casper was named by her previous own because of her color and Steak is based off a character from a book. Who was feral and kept trying to eat a boy's pet. He kept correcting her but when the dog acted up she yelled Steak at it until it calmed down. It's fitting.
@HiddenMica Casper was named by her previous own because of her color and Steak is based off a character from a book. Who was feral and kept trying to eat a boy's pet. He kept correcting her but when the dog acted up she yelled Steak at it until it calmed down. It's fitting.
I have three birds.

One cockatiel
2 budgies.

I have three birds.

One cockatiel
2 budgies.

Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.- Le petit prince.
@Devlyn
LOL

Sir George Hopsalot has quite a story too.
See... My boyfriend picked her up and handed her to me and told me to take her home. He had been taking pictures of her hunting the bugs on the lights where he worked for about a month. So I stopped by to see her and he told me to take her home.
All I could think of was that cartoon "I will love him and hug him and feed him and name him George" So she was named before I got home partially... Then I got home and while I was settign up the temp tank of a cake carrier, she JUMPED on the cat (who of course panicked and ran) and RODE HER THROUGH THE HOUSE -- seriously she got through every room in the house before I could catch them I was laughing so hard. So she was obviously a mighty Knight! But Lancelot just didn't fit so it's Hopsalot. More froggy befitting.

Then I found out she's a girl... LOL

NSA is ALWAYS WATCHING YOU. He came from a rescue with Bughed who is deaf so he's hyper aware of sound to make up for it. Bughed well, he is constantly scratching like he has bugs in his head and had a problem with earmites just before we got him.

Duchess is the prissiest ferret possible. She actually gets mad when you make her do the ferret war dance and make her lose her cool then hides and stares at you like... "Look at how uncooth you made me act! How dare you!"

JellyBelly weighs about 5 pounds... He isn't a ferret he's a badger... or at least he's trying to be!

Slinkers... well she's tiny. She had really poor fur and was super super malnourished when we got her so she would just snake along the floor and not want to get up. She's better now.

All my pets are rescues except Nurgs whom we got from petco. Had been eying her for months and had watched her grow from the size of a quarter. She's now the size of my palm. :3 BF named her because she looks kinda like a nurgling out of Warhammer 40k.
@Devlyn
LOL

Sir George Hopsalot has quite a story too.
See... My boyfriend picked her up and handed her to me and told me to take her home. He had been taking pictures of her hunting the bugs on the lights where he worked for about a month. So I stopped by to see her and he told me to take her home.
All I could think of was that cartoon "I will love him and hug him and feed him and name him George" So she was named before I got home partially... Then I got home and while I was settign up the temp tank of a cake carrier, she JUMPED on the cat (who of course panicked and ran) and RODE HER THROUGH THE HOUSE -- seriously she got through every room in the house before I could catch them I was laughing so hard. So she was obviously a mighty Knight! But Lancelot just didn't fit so it's Hopsalot. More froggy befitting.

Then I found out she's a girl... LOL

NSA is ALWAYS WATCHING YOU. He came from a rescue with Bughed who is deaf so he's hyper aware of sound to make up for it. Bughed well, he is constantly scratching like he has bugs in his head and had a problem with earmites just before we got him.

Duchess is the prissiest ferret possible. She actually gets mad when you make her do the ferret war dance and make her lose her cool then hides and stares at you like... "Look at how uncooth you made me act! How dare you!"

JellyBelly weighs about 5 pounds... He isn't a ferret he's a badger... or at least he's trying to be!

Slinkers... well she's tiny. She had really poor fur and was super super malnourished when we got her so she would just snake along the floor and not want to get up. She's better now.

All my pets are rescues except Nurgs whom we got from petco. Had been eying her for months and had watched her grow from the size of a quarter. She's now the size of my palm. :3 BF named her because she looks kinda like a nurgling out of Warhammer 40k.
I have

Psy (Marble Tabby Cat)
Toothless (Black Shorthair Cat)
Ciel (Golden Retriever)
Snickers (Eastern Starling)
Shark (Goldifish)

Annd I'm planning on getting a Blue Meral Toy Australian Shepard named Inigo
I have

Psy (Marble Tabby Cat)
Toothless (Black Shorthair Cat)
Ciel (Golden Retriever)
Snickers (Eastern Starling)
Shark (Goldifish)

Annd I'm planning on getting a Blue Meral Toy Australian Shepard named Inigo
@HiddenMica Those are great names and stories behind them, I also love how your pets are rescues!
And please, please put the frog on the cat and tape it and then give the cat extra treats for it. That sounds amazing.

Casper was in the free ads I had just moved and wanted a pet and saw that she was declawed. I am entirely against the procedure and wanted her so she could have a normal kitty life rather than get another owner who'd rather amputate body parts than put proper time and care into training her.
But I worked long hours sometimes. Not often but once in a blue moon fourteen hour shifts happened and Casper had gotten used to constant attention so she was getting depressed from my work schedule. A friend of a friend had kittens he needed out so I went to look for a friend for her. She HATED Steak for the longest time but he's persistent and forced friendship on her. She raised him and now they are always together. Literally always side by side.
@HiddenMica Those are great names and stories behind them, I also love how your pets are rescues!
And please, please put the frog on the cat and tape it and then give the cat extra treats for it. That sounds amazing.

Casper was in the free ads I had just moved and wanted a pet and saw that she was declawed. I am entirely against the procedure and wanted her so she could have a normal kitty life rather than get another owner who'd rather amputate body parts than put proper time and care into training her.
But I worked long hours sometimes. Not often but once in a blue moon fourteen hour shifts happened and Casper had gotten used to constant attention so she was getting depressed from my work schedule. A friend of a friend had kittens he needed out so I went to look for a friend for her. She HATED Steak for the longest time but he's persistent and forced friendship on her. She raised him and now they are always together. Literally always side by side.
1 2 3 4