Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Trans/Queer writers forum NOW OPEN
1 2 3 4
@athiestpwner

All I'll say is that some lovely individual is giving us a prime example of why we need safe spaces.
@athiestpwner

All I'll say is that some lovely individual is giving us a prime example of why we need safe spaces.
R Jlv5KFV.png W Eg7tdGg.png B GQh0NHI.png Y 6gF7NOr.gif
@LordNyoka @atheistpwner

I'm ace, thanks, and I'm sure many know how ace people are seen (lol doesn't exist/must be something wrong with you/etc). So I would fall under this, unless "queer" has suddenly changed its meaning, again, to no longer encompass the LGBT community as a whole.
@LordNyoka @atheistpwner

I'm ace, thanks, and I'm sure many know how ace people are seen (lol doesn't exist/must be something wrong with you/etc). So I would fall under this, unless "queer" has suddenly changed its meaning, again, to no longer encompass the LGBT community as a whole.
Tell me your desire
while you pull me from the fire
and we'll seal the deal with a kiss
@Demonically

Then you of all people should understand. Establishing groups of like-minded people is not exclusion, jfc.
@Demonically

Then you of all people should understand. Establishing groups of like-minded people is not exclusion, jfc.
@LordNyoka

You can be around like minded people without being around the same sexual orientation/ gender identity.

Exclusion is the very act of excluding someone based on some trait. So, by saying that the group is LGBT only, that is, well, exclusionary. Which goes back to my earlier post of "Accept us for who we are, but you're not allowed in the same place as we are."

It's not something I can, or will ever support.
@LordNyoka

You can be around like minded people without being around the same sexual orientation/ gender identity.

Exclusion is the very act of excluding someone based on some trait. So, by saying that the group is LGBT only, that is, well, exclusionary. Which goes back to my earlier post of "Accept us for who we are, but you're not allowed in the same place as we are."

It's not something I can, or will ever support.
Tell me your desire
while you pull me from the fire
and we'll seal the deal with a kiss
@Demonically

I'm with this person here. Creating exclusionary groups is bad.

HOWEVER.

Creating TOPIC groups is hella rad.

Honestly, from a psychological standpoint. I'd like to see the differences between LGBT writing and regular people writing. Maybe the themes are different? Fewer straight characters? WHO KNOWS!

Social experiment aaway!

(honestly I'd like a place where I could get feedback for the terrible things I write. I write horror)
@Demonically

I'm with this person here. Creating exclusionary groups is bad.

HOWEVER.

Creating TOPIC groups is hella rad.

Honestly, from a psychological standpoint. I'd like to see the differences between LGBT writing and regular people writing. Maybe the themes are different? Fewer straight characters? WHO KNOWS!

Social experiment aaway!

(honestly I'd like a place where I could get feedback for the terrible things I write. I write horror)
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
@Demonically

...Yeah, 'cause why the heck would I want a group where I can speak safely about my experiences with homophobia and gender dysphoria, and how said experiences have influenced my writing, with people who I know won't criticize me for it/might be able to help/may have similar stories of their own so I don't feel alone all the time?

Oh, but some people might feel bad since they can't really contribute to those discussions, so clearly they shouldn't happen and a space for them shouldn't exist.

Ugh. Okay, I'm done.

If someone would be so kind as to ping me if/when OP establishes such a forum, I would be very grateful :)
@Demonically

...Yeah, 'cause why the heck would I want a group where I can speak safely about my experiences with homophobia and gender dysphoria, and how said experiences have influenced my writing, with people who I know won't criticize me for it/might be able to help/may have similar stories of their own so I don't feel alone all the time?

Oh, but some people might feel bad since they can't really contribute to those discussions, so clearly they shouldn't happen and a space for them shouldn't exist.

Ugh. Okay, I'm done.

If someone would be so kind as to ping me if/when OP establishes such a forum, I would be very grateful :)
@kingofeli

Interested! Yes!

Also commence evasive maneuvers, folks, don't feed the trolls.
@kingofeli

Interested! Yes!

Also commence evasive maneuvers, folks, don't feed the trolls.
...................................... VMlgRqE.png

gray | he/him
I don't write, but an LGBTQ+ writers thread sounds like a good idea! Even if only to provide an environment where people will feel more comfortable sharing their works.

And re:exclusion-- I personally feel the most comfortable around lesbians and ace lesbians. "Birds of a feather flock together" and that, you know? That's what I see this as. LGBTQ+ people face different struggles than cishet people, so having a separate space for us makes sense, I think.

In any case, participation is voluntary, so anyone who's uncomfortable with an LGBTQ-exclusive space doesn't have to join.
I don't write, but an LGBTQ+ writers thread sounds like a good idea! Even if only to provide an environment where people will feel more comfortable sharing their works.

And re:exclusion-- I personally feel the most comfortable around lesbians and ace lesbians. "Birds of a feather flock together" and that, you know? That's what I see this as. LGBTQ+ people face different struggles than cishet people, so having a separate space for us makes sense, I think.

In any case, participation is voluntary, so anyone who's uncomfortable with an LGBTQ-exclusive space doesn't have to join.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
@kingofeli
Oooh I'm very interested! Count me in :'3
@kingofeli
Oooh I'm very interested! Count me in :'3
Renard(e) || Pronouns; iel or they
Host of the Fireworks Median system
FR Time +3 || French and English speaker || 25+
- Current hyperfixation : Saint Seiya -
(Autistic, so I'm super sorry if I say weird things at times!)
@kingofeli
Will allies and non-queer/trans writers who are interested in writing queer or trans characters also be welcome? I'm cool either way, but it would be nice to see cishet writers that are interested in writing believable queer or trans characters, too.
Maybe there could be a "Guest" area for them?
@kingofeli
Will allies and non-queer/trans writers who are interested in writing queer or trans characters also be welcome? I'm cool either way, but it would be nice to see cishet writers that are interested in writing believable queer or trans characters, too.
Maybe there could be a "Guest" area for them?
Remi
He/Him
1 2 3 4