Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | lets talk abt video games (save me)
1 2 3 4 5
Currently playing:
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem- Sacred Stones
Golden Sun
Sword of Mana
A Link to the Past
The Minish Cap
Boktai
Pokemon Emerald
Tales of Phantasia
Currently playing:
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem- Sacred Stones
Golden Sun
Sword of Mana
A Link to the Past
The Minish Cap
Boktai
Pokemon Emerald
Tales of Phantasia
25fu4ux.jpg
@Wistala
I get that a lot; it's usually whatever I'm in the mood to play. Inquisition and Walking Dead are my top priority right now to play. I'm nearly finished with season one; just one more episode and then the DLC.

@Hslulu
I know right?! I'm absolutely obsessed with its weirdness, lol.
@Wistala
I get that a lot; it's usually whatever I'm in the mood to play. Inquisition and Walking Dead are my top priority right now to play. I'm nearly finished with season one; just one more episode and then the DLC.

@Hslulu
I know right?! I'm absolutely obsessed with its weirdness, lol.
Epic Forum Hopper; Please Ping For A Response
ohh man I have so many games on my to-do list (bioshock has been at the top for months...) but I keep ignoring them in favour of whatever cool new indie game I happen to stumble upon that day, and to replay the Resident Evil games, aha. I'm useless.

I leave DS games for the hour-long bus ride to and from school, currently replaying the first Etrian Odyssey and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ehe

andd as anyone stuck with me knows, I'm still majorly in love with the entire Silent Hill series (majorly is an understatement. it's awful and there is no escape.)
ohh man I have so many games on my to-do list (bioshock has been at the top for months...) but I keep ignoring them in favour of whatever cool new indie game I happen to stumble upon that day, and to replay the Resident Evil games, aha. I'm useless.

I leave DS games for the hour-long bus ride to and from school, currently replaying the first Etrian Odyssey and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ehe

andd as anyone stuck with me knows, I'm still majorly in love with the entire Silent Hill series (majorly is an understatement. it's awful and there is no escape.)
+19FR time (-7h, a day ahead)
I'm constantly MM breeding in Pokemon, so I try not to look at the total playtime much. Um.

Aside from that, I've been trying to replay XCOM: Enemy Within. I'm going through it via Iron Man so I can't just reload a save if I do something extremely dumb. I also have a bunch of Second Wave settings switched on to make it both fun and challenging.

So far, my entire squad died. In my second to the last mission, I had an entire group of Rookie soldiers die (my remaining veterans all died in a previous mission).

My final mission was an extraction/hold the fort sort of thing, and I only had one rookie soldier and my veteran (who had been sent on the covert mission previously). My two soldiers were eventually overwhelmed by... a lot of soldiers. I gave up counting after the third wave.
I'm constantly MM breeding in Pokemon, so I try not to look at the total playtime much. Um.

Aside from that, I've been trying to replay XCOM: Enemy Within. I'm going through it via Iron Man so I can't just reload a save if I do something extremely dumb. I also have a bunch of Second Wave settings switched on to make it both fun and challenging.

So far, my entire squad died. In my second to the last mission, I had an entire group of Rookie soldiers die (my remaining veterans all died in a previous mission).

My final mission was an extraction/hold the fort sort of thing, and I only had one rookie soldier and my veteran (who had been sent on the covert mission previously). My two soldiers were eventually overwhelmed by... a lot of soldiers. I gave up counting after the third wave.
im340p.gif
If you like rpgs I'd suggest Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii and soon the new 3DS. You can also emulate it in HD apparently, I'm watching Cryaotic stream it blind and that's what he's doing (It seems to run slower than the official versions, though that could just be the stream itself). It's not a Final Fantasy-esque or like Fire Enblem, I'd actually compare it more to World of Warcraft gameplay-wise. Storywise, HOO BOY. I'll link you to the first episode of Chuggaaconroy's LP of it so you can see if you're interested. The story starts slow, as expected for the tutorial area, but when it picks up it REALLY picks up, the characters are engaging, the music is lovely, the worldbuilding is superb, and the setting is unlike anything I've ever seen. It's better to show than tell, though, so here's a link to Chuggaaconroy's LP (also yes this is where Shulk the nerdbaby came from): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YEhVPZjgMk&index=1&list=PL_sYhAj0WXRM2_xfO1O6P040gwIwlhqcP
If you don't like his voice, he doesn't talk during cutscenes. (also if his explanation of the controls seems confusing, he uses a classic controller but you can use a wiimote and nunchuck) And something important I forgot to mention before, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WATCH PAST EPISODE 5 IF YOU PLAN ON PICKING THIS GAME UP THERE ARE MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS IN EPISODE 6 AND YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THAT TO YOURSELF

I'd also highly recommend Okami. It's basically like Zelda, but 99% of named characters in the game are from Japanese mythology. You play as Amaterasu, god(dess?) of the sun, trying to save the world through the power of your Celestial Brush. I'll also link you to the Okami playlist from Chuggaaconroy (I bought both games mentioned here because of him so yeah): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL896057F04D129F90 I wouldn't watch past episode 10 or 11.
If you like rpgs I'd suggest Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii and soon the new 3DS. You can also emulate it in HD apparently, I'm watching Cryaotic stream it blind and that's what he's doing (It seems to run slower than the official versions, though that could just be the stream itself). It's not a Final Fantasy-esque or like Fire Enblem, I'd actually compare it more to World of Warcraft gameplay-wise. Storywise, HOO BOY. I'll link you to the first episode of Chuggaaconroy's LP of it so you can see if you're interested. The story starts slow, as expected for the tutorial area, but when it picks up it REALLY picks up, the characters are engaging, the music is lovely, the worldbuilding is superb, and the setting is unlike anything I've ever seen. It's better to show than tell, though, so here's a link to Chuggaaconroy's LP (also yes this is where Shulk the nerdbaby came from): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YEhVPZjgMk&index=1&list=PL_sYhAj0WXRM2_xfO1O6P040gwIwlhqcP
If you don't like his voice, he doesn't talk during cutscenes. (also if his explanation of the controls seems confusing, he uses a classic controller but you can use a wiimote and nunchuck) And something important I forgot to mention before, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WATCH PAST EPISODE 5 IF YOU PLAN ON PICKING THIS GAME UP THERE ARE MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS IN EPISODE 6 AND YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THAT TO YOURSELF

I'd also highly recommend Okami. It's basically like Zelda, but 99% of named characters in the game are from Japanese mythology. You play as Amaterasu, god(dess?) of the sun, trying to save the world through the power of your Celestial Brush. I'll also link you to the Okami playlist from Chuggaaconroy (I bought both games mentioned here because of him so yeah): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL896057F04D129F90 I wouldn't watch past episode 10 or 11.
I should warn you, if you're trying to get ahold of the Wii version of Xenoblade, GO TO GAMESTOP. New copies on Amazon can go for hundreds of dollars due to the rarity of the game. However, used copies from Gamestop usually only run about 45 dollars. (sorry I'm just kind of assuming you're in the US, I don't know how rare Xenoblade is in other countries). That's where I got my copy, and it works great!
I should warn you, if you're trying to get ahold of the Wii version of Xenoblade, GO TO GAMESTOP. New copies on Amazon can go for hundreds of dollars due to the rarity of the game. However, used copies from Gamestop usually only run about 45 dollars. (sorry I'm just kind of assuming you're in the US, I don't know how rare Xenoblade is in other countries). That's where I got my copy, and it works great!
@skjaldmeya aaah that sounds cool? i dont have a lot of time for console games, though >___< is it for the wii u or the standard run of the mill wii?

i love okami :0 but i never finished it, for the same reasons i dont finish most console games OTL my mom hogs the tv & i get nervous away from skype when i could have access to it
@skjaldmeya aaah that sounds cool? i dont have a lot of time for console games, though >___< is it for the wii u or the standard run of the mill wii?

i love okami :0 but i never finished it, for the same reasons i dont finish most console games OTL my mom hogs the tv & i get nervous away from skype when i could have access to it
dNCLmdm.png
blake
she/her | he/him
Currently playing

Fantasy Life
Pokemon Omega Ruby (solo-run)
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (competitive team-building)
Pokemon Heart Gold (nuzlocke)
Currently playing

Fantasy Life
Pokemon Omega Ruby (solo-run)
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (competitive team-building)
Pokemon Heart Gold (nuzlocke)
0aa00d1c-340b-41ba-b508-d554790c30dd_zpsic3oddrr.png
Awakening is fun. I was a dork and played through it on Casual. Second playthrough I'm currently doing is Classic, though. It's a fun game, really strategic. Memorable characters too.
Awakening is fun. I was a dork and played through it on Casual. Second playthrough I'm currently doing is Classic, though. It's a fun game, really strategic. Memorable characters too.
Always fear the flame, lest you be devoured by it, and lose yourself.
I only play simulation games like Animal Crossing and Tomodachi Life. I'm not too big on other video games. I was really into Pokemon for a while and played a lot of those DS games, but then I got bored, and really frustrated with Pokemon Y. So I don't play Pokemon games anymore.
I only play simulation games like Animal Crossing and Tomodachi Life. I'm not too big on other video games. I was really into Pokemon for a while and played a lot of those DS games, but then I got bored, and really frustrated with Pokemon Y. So I don't play Pokemon games anymore.
tumblr_inline_nbax4xlrxv1qg78ij.png
1 2 3 4 5