Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you like horror stories??
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Bezumie

Hello there!

I too am a fan of the horror genre.
Though why I am a fan might seem strange; When I was a little girl, my father/mother/older sister would always tell me to never watch horror movies. Hell, my father wouldn't even let me play the first Bioshock game because it was, to him, horror.

Oh, but look, I'm 17, but when I was 16, after high school I did (and still do) come home everyday and watch whatever random horror movie appeared in my netflix cue.

That including American Horror Story! >u>
@Bezumie

Hello there!

I too am a fan of the horror genre.
Though why I am a fan might seem strange; When I was a little girl, my father/mother/older sister would always tell me to never watch horror movies. Hell, my father wouldn't even let me play the first Bioshock game because it was, to him, horror.

Oh, but look, I'm 17, but when I was 16, after high school I did (and still do) come home everyday and watch whatever random horror movie appeared in my netflix cue.

That including American Horror Story! >u>
Harvest Moon: Gamer Question Thread
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning Wifi Trade
@LiterarySkull
A fan of horror out of the desire to rebel? I enjoy this explanation >:3c What would you say is your favourite horror movie that you watched on netflix? I live in canada so our netflix selection isnt very good. American netflix is p awesome and im totally envious.
@LiterarySkull
A fan of horror out of the desire to rebel? I enjoy this explanation >:3c What would you say is your favourite horror movie that you watched on netflix? I live in canada so our netflix selection isnt very good. American netflix is p awesome and im totally envious.
artshoplogo.jpg
@Bezumie

Oi, I can't choose but, I can tell you some good ones that i greatly enjoy.

Oculus/A Haunting in Connecticut 2/The Haunting of Helena
@Bezumie

Oi, I can't choose but, I can tell you some good ones that i greatly enjoy.

Oculus/A Haunting in Connecticut 2/The Haunting of Helena
Harvest Moon: Gamer Question Thread
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning Wifi Trade
I really enjoyed the first Haunting in Connecticut, I haven't seen those other ones though :P
@LiterarySkull
I really enjoyed the first Haunting in Connecticut, I haven't seen those other ones though :P
@LiterarySkull
artshoplogo.jpg
Yeah! I love written stories and real life haunts. Movies I'm not so keen on, because they usually have jumpscares or make me really anxious. (I know jumpscares are the meat and potatoes of RL haunts, but I've been in the haunt scene all my life, so I kind of expect it. I know what to look for and i go in pretty hypervigilant, but with movies, I'm not able to anticipate scares like i would in a RL setting, so it's a real pain.)

Ooh man alive do I love me some horror manga. Junji Ito is absolutely great (Gyo still scares me senseless since I live on the coast), and I also really recommend Franken Fran! I heard Pupa was good, but I haven't had the chance to read it yet.

Bogleech writes a lot of great stuff! He actually runs a horror writing contest every year, which I'd like to enter! I like writing horror stuff (ESPECIALLY medical horror), though I mostly do it in the RPing scene nowadays. My one other horror story was sort of bad since I wrote it, like, three years ago, but I'm working on a new one right now! It's about spiders, cultists, and one particularly eldritch monster.
Yeah! I love written stories and real life haunts. Movies I'm not so keen on, because they usually have jumpscares or make me really anxious. (I know jumpscares are the meat and potatoes of RL haunts, but I've been in the haunt scene all my life, so I kind of expect it. I know what to look for and i go in pretty hypervigilant, but with movies, I'm not able to anticipate scares like i would in a RL setting, so it's a real pain.)

Ooh man alive do I love me some horror manga. Junji Ito is absolutely great (Gyo still scares me senseless since I live on the coast), and I also really recommend Franken Fran! I heard Pupa was good, but I haven't had the chance to read it yet.

Bogleech writes a lot of great stuff! He actually runs a horror writing contest every year, which I'd like to enter! I like writing horror stuff (ESPECIALLY medical horror), though I mostly do it in the RPing scene nowadays. My one other horror story was sort of bad since I wrote it, like, three years ago, but I'm working on a new one right now! It's about spiders, cultists, and one particularly eldritch monster.
tumblr_nj881zEgtm1qbol1ao1_400.png
he/him // ER critter
@Verruciformis

Ah I appreciate your recommendations friend! :D I love horror manga!

And you should let me know when you are done your current project, I'd love to read it! It sounds interesting, you had me sold at eldritch monster!
@Verruciformis

Ah I appreciate your recommendations friend! :D I love horror manga!

And you should let me know when you are done your current project, I'd love to read it! It sounds interesting, you had me sold at eldritch monster!
artshoplogo.jpg
@Verruciformis oh man! Junjo Ito is amazing! I remember last year a friend loaned me Uzumaki and I read that in one sitting. Oh man, I hardly slept at all that week.
@Verruciformis oh man! Junjo Ito is amazing! I remember last year a friend loaned me Uzumaki and I read that in one sitting. Oh man, I hardly slept at all that week.
S9GIMwM.pngyKp0KRf.png8Wxihjh.gif
Oh man, already love that thread xD I really love horror storys, but can't stand movies and games (jumpscares are bad for me..they make me scream like a little girl and wake the whole neighborhood). So novels are far more my thing. The mentioned mangas will be read right away. But, since I'm kind of a scaredy cat, are there mangas/storys or games without jumpscares, you could suggest? :) There was once a game I found in an articel mentioning horror-games without jumpscares. But I don't really remember it's name. Was a great game about a girl, which get's locked in an art gallery. Maybe someone knows it :)
Oh man, already love that thread xD I really love horror storys, but can't stand movies and games (jumpscares are bad for me..they make me scream like a little girl and wake the whole neighborhood). So novels are far more my thing. The mentioned mangas will be read right away. But, since I'm kind of a scaredy cat, are there mangas/storys or games without jumpscares, you could suggest? :) There was once a game I found in an articel mentioning horror-games without jumpscares. But I don't really remember it's name. Was a great game about a girl, which get's locked in an art gallery. Maybe someone knows it :)
@Chariot

A good horror movie to try would be Woman in Black. I know this movie has been mentioned A LOT in this thread- but as far as horror movies go it pretty dang good. There is only one jumpscare (to my knowledge) in the whole movie and it isn't even a big one either. Ummm... Some other good horror movies that don't rely on jumpscares are Rosemary's Baby (the original) and The Shining.

For horror gaming that isn't jumpscare heavy, Deep Sleep is a good one (or the whole series) it's very simplistic in style and is for the most part a point and click exploration game. Space Funeral is an amazing experience, there are few words to describe it. Silent Hill 2 (or really any of the silent hill games other than the playable trailer), it relies mostly on disturbing content and atmosphere rather than jumpscares. Theresia is a very obscure horror game, it has a lot of psychological horror. Lone Survivor is a god one- but I'm sure everybody has heard of that one by now.

And the game you are referring to is IB
@Chariot

A good horror movie to try would be Woman in Black. I know this movie has been mentioned A LOT in this thread- but as far as horror movies go it pretty dang good. There is only one jumpscare (to my knowledge) in the whole movie and it isn't even a big one either. Ummm... Some other good horror movies that don't rely on jumpscares are Rosemary's Baby (the original) and The Shining.

For horror gaming that isn't jumpscare heavy, Deep Sleep is a good one (or the whole series) it's very simplistic in style and is for the most part a point and click exploration game. Space Funeral is an amazing experience, there are few words to describe it. Silent Hill 2 (or really any of the silent hill games other than the playable trailer), it relies mostly on disturbing content and atmosphere rather than jumpscares. Theresia is a very obscure horror game, it has a lot of psychological horror. Lone Survivor is a god one- but I'm sure everybody has heard of that one by now.

And the game you are referring to is IB
artshoplogo.jpg
@Bezumie
You are awsome :D Well, I'm off for a good night of horror. Thanks for all these suggestions. It will be a lot of fun for sure. Especially psychological horror is exciting.
And you're right. That's the game I was talking about :D
@Bezumie
You are awsome :D Well, I'm off for a good night of horror. Thanks for all these suggestions. It will be a lot of fun for sure. Especially psychological horror is exciting.
And you're right. That's the game I was talking about :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7