Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Princess Tutu fans about?
I feel like I've got to ask, as it's a personal favorite. There's always some fun meta to talk about, given how meta the show itself is.

It's definitely the best take on the theme of "being yourself" that I've ever seen. It explores fairy-tale roles and storybook ideals without necessarily deconstructing them - hope is powerful, heroes have worth and come in many forms, and the ending is a beautiful thing.

So how about favorite characters? Favorite classical piece used? Which season did you enjoy most of all?

(I'm fond of Mytho and Danse Macabre, and the second season.)
I feel like I've got to ask, as it's a personal favorite. There's always some fun meta to talk about, given how meta the show itself is.

It's definitely the best take on the theme of "being yourself" that I've ever seen. It explores fairy-tale roles and storybook ideals without necessarily deconstructing them - hope is powerful, heroes have worth and come in many forms, and the ending is a beautiful thing.

So how about favorite characters? Favorite classical piece used? Which season did you enjoy most of all?

(I'm fond of Mytho and Danse Macabre, and the second season.)
ZNhRsiG.png
Credit: Khrysteen
Oh my goodness! Never thought I would see a thread regarding Princess Tutu in this day and age.

I adore the series. It is so terribly underrated. I guess because when people heard it was an anime about ballet, they assumed it was set in present day and was the usual slice of life shoujo tale?

It was actually this music vid; http://youtu.be/9197GTl1ASg

Man, just watching that makes me want to rewatch the series so much. >_
Oh my goodness! Never thought I would see a thread regarding Princess Tutu in this day and age.

I adore the series. It is so terribly underrated. I guess because when people heard it was an anime about ballet, they assumed it was set in present day and was the usual slice of life shoujo tale?

I just started rewatching Princess TuTu. Omg its so sad..x.x.
I just started rewatching Princess TuTu. Omg its so sad..x.x.
[Zafi The Great New Ninja Bunny]
Princess Tutu? God, I haven't thought about that anime in years. I watched it in middle school and fell in love with it.

My favorite characters were Fakir and Duck, and its one of the few anime romances I can get behind. The character development was amazing and done really well. The chemistry between the characters felt natural, unlike so many recent anime.

Sadly, I can't remember the dances to much, but that just gives me an excuse to rewatch it!
Princess Tutu? God, I haven't thought about that anime in years. I watched it in middle school and fell in love with it.

My favorite characters were Fakir and Duck, and its one of the few anime romances I can get behind. The character development was amazing and done really well. The chemistry between the characters felt natural, unlike so many recent anime.

Sadly, I can't remember the dances to much, but that just gives me an excuse to rewatch it!
pd7VIno.png
Princess Tutu is one of my all time favorites. I know it's actually a fan favorite in general though yes, a lot of people write it off as a shoujo ballet thing they wouldn't be interested in. When people ask me about my favorite shows, I stress that Princess Tutu is more of a Grimms like fairytale, not Disney. And while the characters are studying ballet, it's not a show about studying ballet or even really about performing etc. It's not juvenile in the least. Younger audiences can enjoy it, but there's plenty for an older audience to chew on. And if they still look concerned about it being dull, I point out Mr Cat.

Mr Cat, Duck, and Fakir would be my fave characters.
Princess Tutu is one of my all time favorites. I know it's actually a fan favorite in general though yes, a lot of people write it off as a shoujo ballet thing they wouldn't be interested in. When people ask me about my favorite shows, I stress that Princess Tutu is more of a Grimms like fairytale, not Disney. And while the characters are studying ballet, it's not a show about studying ballet or even really about performing etc. It's not juvenile in the least. Younger audiences can enjoy it, but there's plenty for an older audience to chew on. And if they still look concerned about it being dull, I point out Mr Cat.

~Duckie ( " )>
oh my goodness, Princess Tutu.
I think I just tried it out of curiosity when I had the flu or something, and it blew my mind.
Probably one of my Top 10 anime, maybe Top 5?

Beautiful characters and story!
oh my goodness, Princess Tutu.
I think I just tried it out of curiosity when I had the flu or something, and it blew my mind.
Probably one of my Top 10 anime, maybe Top 5?

Beautiful characters and story!
Inspiration Tumblr
Art-only Tumblr
Chicken Tumblr
deviantArt
FurAffinity
Steam
instagram

Commissions Open! c: 10/10 slots available
One of my favorite shoujo animes! I'll probably rewatch it this month, but I saw that they took it off Netflix, unfortunately. Fakir, and Duck used to be my otp, and I always thought that Krahe was an underappreciated character as well.
One of my favorite shoujo animes! I'll probably rewatch it this month, but I saw that they took it off Netflix, unfortunately. Fakir, and Duck used to be my otp, and I always thought that Krahe was an underappreciated character as well.
[quote name="digitalduckie" date="2014-11-28 08:19:12"]Princess Tutu is one of my all time favorites. I know it's actually a fan favorite in general though yes, a lot of people write it off as a shoujo ballet thing they wouldn't be interested in. Mr Cat, Duck, and Fakir would be my fave characters.[/quote] Yeah, it definitely gets that kind of response pretty often. I think the Grimm-over-Disney approach is good - it's a "girly" show, just like a lot of (popular) fairy tales are often very feminine, but that doesn't stop it from being detailed and dark. [quote name="belenes" date="2014-11-30 14:24:18"]One of my favorite shoujo animes! I'll probably rewatch it this month, but I saw that they took it off Netflix, unfortunately. Fakir, and Duck used to be my otp, and I always thought that Krahe was an underappreciated character as well.[/quote] Thankfully, people have come to appreciate Kraehe more in recent years! She's the favorite of a lot of people now, or at least seems to have joined Fakir and Duck in popularity. [quote name="SqueekOfTheNorth" date="2014-11-27 18:32:56"] It was actually this music vid; http://youtu.be/9197GTl1ASg Man, just watching that makes me want to rewatch the series so much. >_[/quote] That's a great one! I've seen a lot of people discover it through that; it does a good job showing the tone. Also, I've seen a few people mention rewatching it. Would anyone be interested in attending a stream?
digitalduckie wrote on 2014-11-28 08:19:12:
Princess Tutu is one of my all time favorites. I know it's actually a fan favorite in general though yes, a lot of people write it off as a shoujo ballet thing they wouldn't be interested in.

Yeah, it definitely gets that kind of response pretty often. I think the Grimm-over-Disney approach is good - it's a "girly" show, just like a lot of (popular) fairy tales are often very feminine, but that doesn't stop it from being detailed and dark.

belenes wrote on 2014-11-30 14:24:18:

Thankfully, people have come to appreciate Kraehe more in recent years! She's the favorite of a lot of people now, or at least seems to have joined Fakir and Duck in popularity.

SqueekOfTheNorth wrote on 2014-11-27 18:32:56:

That's a great one! I've seen a lot of people discover it through that; it does a good job showing the tone.

Also, I've seen a few people mention rewatching it. Would anyone be interested in attending a stream?
ZNhRsiG.png
Credit: Khrysteen
Princess Tutu is one of the few animes I marathoned in one day. Super cute story, super cute art, and super cute characters. I can't say that I have any particular favorite character, I love them all.

@SqueekOfTheNorth
I love that video and song. It was one of the two that actually got me interested in the show. The other was this one: http://youtu.be/XjooRuCbNmY
Princess Tutu is one of the few animes I marathoned in one day. Super cute story, super cute art, and super cute characters. I can't say that I have any particular favorite character, I love them all.

@SqueekOfTheNorth
I love that video and song. It was one of the two that actually got me interested in the show. The other was this one: http://youtu.be/XjooRuCbNmY
axOkNaR.png
ZNhRsiG.png