Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | OH CANADA
1 2 3
I'm in Canada as well! But I'm stuck out in Raincouver where it hasn't exactly rained in a few days but just you wait.... The rain will return....
I'm in Canada as well! But I'm stuck out in Raincouver where it hasn't exactly rained in a few days but just you wait.... The rain will return....
OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAND
TRUE PARTIOOOT LOOOOVE
IN ALL THY SONS COMMAND
WITH GLOWING HEARTS
WE SEE THEE RISE
THE TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE
OH CANADA
WE STAND ON GUARD FOR THEEEEEE

*cough* I mean, another Canadian?
Anywhoo, the weathers great... for this time of year.
It's freakin' cold and we've got our fair share of snow (A bit less than a foot, I think... I finally dug out my boots and am in the midst of finding my hat, winter coat, gloves, heat packs, and extra socks)
It's really weird though. I live around the middle of good ol' Alberta, so our winter's typically start mid-October and end mid-April, but this year it didn't end until very very late April (Community soccer fields weren't open 'till May) and didn't start snowing until last week. (Frost's been here since October, though. The weather likes to fluctuate heavily. It's insane the way my town can jump around, temperature-wise)
OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAND
TRUE PARTIOOOT LOOOOVE
IN ALL THY SONS COMMAND
WITH GLOWING HEARTS
WE SEE THEE RISE
THE TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE
OH CANADA
WE STAND ON GUARD FOR THEEEEEE

*cough* I mean, another Canadian?
Anywhoo, the weathers great... for this time of year.
It's freakin' cold and we've got our fair share of snow (A bit less than a foot, I think... I finally dug out my boots and am in the midst of finding my hat, winter coat, gloves, heat packs, and extra socks)
It's really weird though. I live around the middle of good ol' Alberta, so our winter's typically start mid-October and end mid-April, but this year it didn't end until very very late April (Community soccer fields weren't open 'till May) and didn't start snowing until last week. (Frost's been here since October, though. The weather likes to fluctuate heavily. It's insane the way my town can jump around, temperature-wise)
79mN6Pt.png
It's been cold here but so far we've only have a couple snowfalls here.
It's been cold here but so far we've only have a couple snowfalls here.
kEygMJz.png
It's funny, I moved to Canada from Michigan at one point, and there was considerably less snow in BC than Michigan. So moving to Canada gave me less winter.

We finally had a proper fall day today, overcast, drizzly and around 55 degrees. I am not a fan of Nor Cal weather so far. I miss my cool autumns in MI and British Columbia.
It's funny, I moved to Canada from Michigan at one point, and there was considerably less snow in BC than Michigan. So moving to Canada gave me less winter.

We finally had a proper fall day today, overcast, drizzly and around 55 degrees. I am not a fan of Nor Cal weather so far. I miss my cool autumns in MI and British Columbia.
tumblr_inline_nfx5micmyj1r6zydg.png
i live in canada but i didn't see any snow today.

both my dog and i love the snow, though. she'd play out there all day if i let her.
i live in canada but i didn't see any snow today.

both my dog and i love the snow, though. she'd play out there all day if i let her.
WRcl6DV.png
I live in Nova Scotia, so we get... a lot of wet snow in the winter, which is terrible to shovel. :'| Or we get regular snow and then a bunch of rain, which makes the snow heavy and the roads icy.

It's 4C and raining right now, which isn't too bad, but it's supposed to drop below freezing tonight.
I live in Nova Scotia, so we get... a lot of wet snow in the winter, which is terrible to shovel. :'| Or we get regular snow and then a bunch of rain, which makes the snow heavy and the roads icy.

It's 4C and raining right now, which isn't too bad, but it's supposed to drop below freezing tonight.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I live in the GTA! A little bit south of Toronto - there's about a cm of snow right now and the grass is still pretty green underneath so its a weird effect :p Also I have a dog! He lives outside and he's an Alaskan Malamute - suited for cold weather c:
I live in the GTA! A little bit south of Toronto - there's about a cm of snow right now and the grass is still pretty green underneath so its a weird effect :p Also I have a dog! He lives outside and he's an Alaskan Malamute - suited for cold weather c:
tumblr_inline_nk71anzSWJ1qg2i5p.png
I live in the Muskoka snow-belt. It is snow-squalling here and absolutely beautiful. :) I never get sick of it! (Although last year's 12 foot snowbanks made it feel a little like living in a snowfort. :p)
I live in the Muskoka snow-belt. It is snow-squalling here and absolutely beautiful. :) I never get sick of it! (Although last year's 12 foot snowbanks made it feel a little like living in a snowfort. :p)
tumblr_inline_r5bn6jLMK61r0ivx3_500.gif
So far, we've only had flurries this year. The snow never gets higher than two feet, but the real problem is the ice. The roads, most notably the interstates freeze very quickly, and if you drive more than ten minutes on one, you're guaranteed to see an accident. The temperature itself isn't actually that cold, but the windchill often pushes it down to around -20F. To top it all off, when I drive past the middle school on my way to work, I can see the PE teacher in a t-shirt and shorts running laps around the school. He's mocking all of us, I just know it!
So far, we've only had flurries this year. The snow never gets higher than two feet, but the real problem is the ice. The roads, most notably the interstates freeze very quickly, and if you drive more than ten minutes on one, you're guaranteed to see an accident. The temperature itself isn't actually that cold, but the windchill often pushes it down to around -20F. To top it all off, when I drive past the middle school on my way to work, I can see the PE teacher in a t-shirt and shorts running laps around the school. He's mocking all of us, I just know it!
34pguio.png
I live in Winterpeg. I hate snow. I hate winter. I'm so done already.
I live in Winterpeg. I hate snow. I hate winter. I'm so done already.
1 2 3