Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | SSB4 3DS Same Colour Glitch
So, I got this game on Sunday night, and my siblings and I already found a neat glitch! I can't find it mentioned anywhere on the Internet, so I thought I may as well post it here.

This glitch allows two people to play as the same colour! But only one person can tell that the colour is the same. To the other players, the duplicate looks different like normal.

Here's how you start the glitch:

1. Player one hosts a local game.

2. Player one fights a computer, and both of them pick a character you do not want to duplicate. (For instance, player one is Sonic and the computer is Mario.)

3. Player two joins the game when they see it say Smashing in red letters (so you know player one is in a match). Pick the character you want to duplicate and go into practice mode. (For instance, player two is blue-stripe Villager.)

4. Player one finishes their match. When this happens, player two's picture on the bottom screen will change to show the first available colour. (For instance, player two's picture changes to show default red Villager.) But player two will still see the character they chose on the top screen. (For instance, player two sees blue-stripe Villager.)

5. Player one picks the character that player two chose. (For instance, player one picks blue-stripe guy villager.)

6. Player one chooses a stage. Both players will see the same character on the top screen, but different characters on the bottom screen. (Both players will see blue-stripe guy on the top screen, but the pictures on the bottom screen will show player one as blue-stripe and player two as red.)

7. Player one starts the game. When everyone enters the stage, player one will see two different colours, but player two will see a clone. [(For instance, player one will see themself as blue-stripe Villager and player two as red Villager. But player two will see them both as blue-stripe Villager.)

You can also do this with more players. You can only have two clones on-screen at a time, though.

a. For three players, just have two people join while player one is Smashing. Players two and three won't be able to see each other until player one stops Smashing, so they both choose the same colour character. When player one is done smashing, they also choose that colour. Player one will see three different people, and players two and three will see player one as a clone but each other as different.

b. (I haven't tested this yet, but it should work fine.) For four players, have player one Smash with player two. You can have players three and four both be clones of the same person, or have each of them clone a different person. Players one and two will see four different people, but players three and four will see themself as a clone of someone.

We found this by accident because two of us were making customs, so one person was battling while waiting, and then I came in and when we started it, I saw us as clones.

Also, when you win, the top screen will still show you as the colour you chose rather than as your picture. (So in the step examples, you'd see blue-stripe Villager's winning pose on the top screen, and pictures of blue-stripe as player one (not you) and red as player two (you).)

Anyway, I just wanted to spread this glitch and see if anyone could figure out anything else interesting about it. It's simpler than it probably looks, but I wanted to make sure I was clear, so try it!
So, I got this game on Sunday night, and my siblings and I already found a neat glitch! I can't find it mentioned anywhere on the Internet, so I thought I may as well post it here.

This glitch allows two people to play as the same colour! But only one person can tell that the colour is the same. To the other players, the duplicate looks different like normal.

Here's how you start the glitch:

1. Player one hosts a local game.

2. Player one fights a computer, and both of them pick a character you do not want to duplicate. (For instance, player one is Sonic and the computer is Mario.)

3. Player two joins the game when they see it say Smashing in red letters (so you know player one is in a match). Pick the character you want to duplicate and go into practice mode. (For instance, player two is blue-stripe Villager.)

4. Player one finishes their match. When this happens, player two's picture on the bottom screen will change to show the first available colour. (For instance, player two's picture changes to show default red Villager.) But player two will still see the character they chose on the top screen. (For instance, player two sees blue-stripe Villager.)

5. Player one picks the character that player two chose. (For instance, player one picks blue-stripe guy villager.)

6. Player one chooses a stage. Both players will see the same character on the top screen, but different characters on the bottom screen. (Both players will see blue-stripe guy on the top screen, but the pictures on the bottom screen will show player one as blue-stripe and player two as red.)

7. Player one starts the game. When everyone enters the stage, player one will see two different colours, but player two will see a clone. [(For instance, player one will see themself as blue-stripe Villager and player two as red Villager. But player two will see them both as blue-stripe Villager.)

You can also do this with more players. You can only have two clones on-screen at a time, though.

a. For three players, just have two people join while player one is Smashing. Players two and three won't be able to see each other until player one stops Smashing, so they both choose the same colour character. When player one is done smashing, they also choose that colour. Player one will see three different people, and players two and three will see player one as a clone but each other as different.

b. (I haven't tested this yet, but it should work fine.) For four players, have player one Smash with player two. You can have players three and four both be clones of the same person, or have each of them clone a different person. Players one and two will see four different people, but players three and four will see themself as a clone of someone.

We found this by accident because two of us were making customs, so one person was battling while waiting, and then I came in and when we started it, I saw us as clones.

Also, when you win, the top screen will still show you as the colour you chose rather than as your picture. (So in the step examples, you'd see blue-stripe Villager's winning pose on the top screen, and pictures of blue-stripe as player one (not you) and red as player two (you).)

Anyway, I just wanted to spread this glitch and see if anyone could figure out anything else interesting about it. It's simpler than it probably looks, but I wanted to make sure I was clear, so try it!
kiroshen.png He/his/him. FR time +1. 332paxj.jpg