Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | - Mental Health Awareness -
1 2 3 4 5
I also have misophonia, aka selective sound sensitivity or "hatred of sound". I can't handle several noises that are considered normal parts of life (sniffing, chewing gum, high-heel shoes walking on a hard floor, etc). I have to wear earplugs to block out those noises. I think if misophonia is added to the DSM VI, that it could be in either anxiety disorders or mood disorders since the noises result in the sufferer becoming afraid, angry, or depressed.
I also have misophonia, aka selective sound sensitivity or "hatred of sound". I can't handle several noises that are considered normal parts of life (sniffing, chewing gum, high-heel shoes walking on a hard floor, etc). I have to wear earplugs to block out those noises. I think if misophonia is added to the DSM VI, that it could be in either anxiety disorders or mood disorders since the noises result in the sufferer becoming afraid, angry, or depressed.
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Hullo, I am 23, and I have Schizotypal Personality Disorder, with a side of anger depression, and a serving of paranoia, and the inability to connect properly with people. And even with all that, I’m still a bit of an odd ball. It’s taken half a year, but I finally pinpointed the time where this all started, and it was in elementary school, 4th grade. (It’s more usual to get it in your later teens.) First came the anger, which no one suspected was actually depression, so I sadly had to live with an almost uncontrollable anger until I was in high school. (Thank god it was never violence though. I just start ranting.) The Schizotypal disorder started showing up when I was in middle school though. My emotions stopped maturing, so I’m 23, so I have the emotions of a tween. =| And because of that, I didn’t get to learn how to properly interact with people, and I simply cannot function while around people. I have to be in my own little world, or the paranoia starts kicking in. (Yeah, great for college!)

But a few good things come with it. Since I can’t be expressive with people, I do it through clothes, and actions, and have the ability to think like no one else. It also bumped my IQ up really fast, so I know a LOT of interesting things.

And I am lucky enough to have found two best friends that I’ve known since elementary school. Since having Schizotypal means I’m a pretty good loner, and never go looking for friendships.
Hullo, I am 23, and I have Schizotypal Personality Disorder, with a side of anger depression, and a serving of paranoia, and the inability to connect properly with people. And even with all that, I’m still a bit of an odd ball. It’s taken half a year, but I finally pinpointed the time where this all started, and it was in elementary school, 4th grade. (It’s more usual to get it in your later teens.) First came the anger, which no one suspected was actually depression, so I sadly had to live with an almost uncontrollable anger until I was in high school. (Thank god it was never violence though. I just start ranting.) The Schizotypal disorder started showing up when I was in middle school though. My emotions stopped maturing, so I’m 23, so I have the emotions of a tween. =| And because of that, I didn’t get to learn how to properly interact with people, and I simply cannot function while around people. I have to be in my own little world, or the paranoia starts kicking in. (Yeah, great for college!)

But a few good things come with it. Since I can’t be expressive with people, I do it through clothes, and actions, and have the ability to think like no one else. It also bumped my IQ up really fast, so I know a LOT of interesting things.

And I am lucky enough to have found two best friends that I’ve known since elementary school. Since having Schizotypal means I’m a pretty good loner, and never go looking for friendships.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Hello Im 20 years old,

I was diagnosed once by doctor and it was for depression, i took some ***** this year but i stopped and never come back to doctor. I dont like them, the one that i had didnt understand me, she just gave me *****.
Well but what i think i could have, i definitely suffer from Paranoia(almost my whole life), which for me go hand by hand with Anxiety, then i think i suffer from Bipolar disorder, and maybe ADHD(not sure, but im too active sometimes, and i have issues with focus only for one thing per time), I dont know, maybe is something different but thats what I and some of my friends can see.
And in the end of this i suffer from eating disorder, its under control, but its hard to maintain it.
Hello Im 20 years old,

I was diagnosed once by doctor and it was for depression, i took some ***** this year but i stopped and never come back to doctor. I dont like them, the one that i had didnt understand me, she just gave me *****.
Well but what i think i could have, i definitely suffer from Paranoia(almost my whole life), which for me go hand by hand with Anxiety, then i think i suffer from Bipolar disorder, and maybe ADHD(not sure, but im too active sometimes, and i have issues with focus only for one thing per time), I dont know, maybe is something different but thats what I and some of my friends can see.
And in the end of this i suffer from eating disorder, its under control, but its hard to maintain it.
50px-Fire_Rune.png
@Amura

I know how u feel, this month i lost one of my closest friends because i dumped her from panic of loosing her. :(
But after reading your disorder, maybe i should try to find a proper doctor that will be able to diagnose my mental illness :/ because its hard to maintain something that u dont know what is it.
@Amura

I know how u feel, this month i lost one of my closest friends because i dumped her from panic of loosing her. :(
But after reading your disorder, maybe i should try to find a proper doctor that will be able to diagnose my mental illness :/ because its hard to maintain something that u dont know what is it.
50px-Fire_Rune.png
Noticing a lot of people on this thread are self-diagnosing, can't express the importance enough that you seek proper medical advice if you suspect you have a mental illness. Looking up symptoms on the internet can cause unnecessary worry and panic, and it does nothing to help you in the long run.

Yes, it can be incredibly scary trying to find the courage to seek medical attention, and talking on such a personal level can make you feel uncomfortable. But once you have your problems off your chest, it's a huge relief, and the more you talk about it, the easier it becomes.

It is also important for everyone to remember, there is no such thing as a 'magic ****' that gets rid of a mental illness, it only makes the symptoms easier to cope with. If facing a doctor in person seems unbearable, try ringing a mental health helpline and asking for coping advice for your symptoms.
Noticing a lot of people on this thread are self-diagnosing, can't express the importance enough that you seek proper medical advice if you suspect you have a mental illness. Looking up symptoms on the internet can cause unnecessary worry and panic, and it does nothing to help you in the long run.

Yes, it can be incredibly scary trying to find the courage to seek medical attention, and talking on such a personal level can make you feel uncomfortable. But once you have your problems off your chest, it's a huge relief, and the more you talk about it, the easier it becomes.

It is also important for everyone to remember, there is no such thing as a 'magic ****' that gets rid of a mental illness, it only makes the symptoms easier to cope with. If facing a doctor in person seems unbearable, try ringing a mental health helpline and asking for coping advice for your symptoms.
@Meroko

Sorry to hear that. I usually just stay away from people, or talking, because I'll always do something weird...But it's wonderful to have two friends I know I can always count on.

DO IT!!! Omg, do it! I've been living with mine for over 10 years, and never had the name for it. Last month is when I finally got the diagnosis, and I literally cried in happiness, just because I finally had a name for it, knowing that it's something other people have gone through too. Though while it isn't the best thing to know, just knowing it was real felt great.
@Meroko

Sorry to hear that. I usually just stay away from people, or talking, because I'll always do something weird...But it's wonderful to have two friends I know I can always count on.

DO IT!!! Omg, do it! I've been living with mine for over 10 years, and never had the name for it. Last month is when I finally got the diagnosis, and I literally cried in happiness, just because I finally had a name for it, knowing that it's something other people have gone through too. Though while it isn't the best thing to know, just knowing it was real felt great.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Hullo, my name's Ash , I'm 18, a recent high school dropout, and I suffer from depression, anxiety (I started crying the last time someone turned on a vacuum cleaner in my presence, yay!), astraphobia, and probably at least one personality disorder. I also have some pretty heavy-duty ADHD (I spent about an hour trying to write this post because I couldn't focus on anything for more than a few seconds).

I've spent a lot of time worrying about what all is actually messed up in my head (anxiety gets me like that), and I know there's a lot more messed up than what I already know for sure. There's just a few too many gaps between "Well disorder U causes problem U and disorder Z causes problem Z." So I'm trying to fill them as I figure out what my problems actually are.

I have a good amount of symptoms of bipolar disorder, but I don't exhibit them strongly enough to meet the criteria for diagnosis. I'm looking into information about cyclothymia, as it explains the short periods of feeling "up," where I get a WHOLE lot of stuff done, have tons of ideas, feel no need to eat or sleep, and have much more drive to get things done, and much more energy than I usually do. These episodes don't last long- a couple days, at most, I think the longest one I've ever had lasted four days- and then I crash for a couple days, then things mellow out until my next episode, be it a high or a low.

So I'm a whole sack of problems. I generally pass for neurotypical though, because I keep very quiet and I'm not the kind of person who likes to let others know when I'm in pain or suffering. And anxiety makes it easy for other people to push me around, because of my fear-of-conflict thing, so generally I just agree with whatever anyone says and try not to let them know I'm terrified of pretty much everything.
Hullo, my name's Ash , I'm 18, a recent high school dropout, and I suffer from depression, anxiety (I started crying the last time someone turned on a vacuum cleaner in my presence, yay!), astraphobia, and probably at least one personality disorder. I also have some pretty heavy-duty ADHD (I spent about an hour trying to write this post because I couldn't focus on anything for more than a few seconds).

I've spent a lot of time worrying about what all is actually messed up in my head (anxiety gets me like that), and I know there's a lot more messed up than what I already know for sure. There's just a few too many gaps between "Well disorder U causes problem U and disorder Z causes problem Z." So I'm trying to fill them as I figure out what my problems actually are.

I have a good amount of symptoms of bipolar disorder, but I don't exhibit them strongly enough to meet the criteria for diagnosis. I'm looking into information about cyclothymia, as it explains the short periods of feeling "up," where I get a WHOLE lot of stuff done, have tons of ideas, feel no need to eat or sleep, and have much more drive to get things done, and much more energy than I usually do. These episodes don't last long- a couple days, at most, I think the longest one I've ever had lasted four days- and then I crash for a couple days, then things mellow out until my next episode, be it a high or a low.

So I'm a whole sack of problems. I generally pass for neurotypical though, because I keep very quiet and I'm not the kind of person who likes to let others know when I'm in pain or suffering. And anxiety makes it easy for other people to push me around, because of my fear-of-conflict thing, so generally I just agree with whatever anyone says and try not to let them know I'm terrified of pretty much everything.
+2 hours server time!
@DavelCaith

I just found one doctor taht looks good, and send her email for schedule the meeting, hope i will be diagnosed soon. Cant wait for the meeting!

The only think that i know is the paranoia and depression, the other ones i dont know for sure.

@Amura

For me is, i usually dont start a conversation when im out, but when someone start i cant stop talking. :D I managed to meet some new people, but they will probably be only the people with whom i hang out, probably no one can replace that one friend :(
I hope i will managed to make up everything and we will be good friends again. But i think she didnt understand me, why I acted like I did in that situation that broke our relationship.
@DavelCaith

I just found one doctor taht looks good, and send her email for schedule the meeting, hope i will be diagnosed soon. Cant wait for the meeting!

The only think that i know is the paranoia and depression, the other ones i dont know for sure.

@Amura

For me is, i usually dont start a conversation when im out, but when someone start i cant stop talking. :D I managed to meet some new people, but they will probably be only the people with whom i hang out, probably no one can replace that one friend :(
I hope i will managed to make up everything and we will be good friends again. But i think she didnt understand me, why I acted like I did in that situation that broke our relationship.
50px-Fire_Rune.png
@Meroko

That's good news! Hope all goes well and you get the help you need
@Meroko

That's good news! Hope all goes well and you get the help you need
@DavelCaith

I hope also, it ruined some part of my life lately.. :/
@DavelCaith

I hope also, it ruined some part of my life lately.. :/
50px-Fire_Rune.png
1 2 3 4 5