Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Five Nights At Freddy's?
1 2 3 4 5
For those who don't know, Five Nights At Freddy's is an indie horror game about a night-shift security guard at a Chuck E Cheese-style fun house, animatronic singing animals included. On the first night of your job, you get a call from one of the employees, giving you instructions on what to do throughout the night. Basic instructions; check the cameras, watch your power, and oh, make sure to have your eyes peeled for a certain bunny, bear and duck. And then that's when the animals come out to play.
--- Spoilers Below (Ish?) ---

So....
Just got to night four. Thought it would be fine and dandy. Couldn't hear the guy's message, so I turned up the volume to hear him better.

I forgot to check Pirate's Cove.
Big. Mistake.

This game fricked me up big time. Has anyone else played it and shared my horror?
For those who don't know, Five Nights At Freddy's is an indie horror game about a night-shift security guard at a Chuck E Cheese-style fun house, animatronic singing animals included. On the first night of your job, you get a call from one of the employees, giving you instructions on what to do throughout the night. Basic instructions; check the cameras, watch your power, and oh, make sure to have your eyes peeled for a certain bunny, bear and duck. And then that's when the animals come out to play.
--- Spoilers Below (Ish?) ---

So....
Just got to night four. Thought it would be fine and dandy. Couldn't hear the guy's message, so I turned up the volume to hear him better.

I forgot to check Pirate's Cove.
Big. Mistake.

This game fricked me up big time. Has anyone else played it and shared my horror?
delete_ltr.png
Oh boy I just heard bout it myself. However I'm really not good with jump scares and anything visual horror wise so ahhhh no playing it for me. It sounds really interesting though and I'm personally having a blast poking around to see people's reactions for it.

People have a lotta interesting things to say bout a certain Pirate's Cove resident.
Oh boy I just heard bout it myself. However I'm really not good with jump scares and anything visual horror wise so ahhhh no playing it for me. It sounds really interesting though and I'm personally having a blast poking around to see people's reactions for it.

People have a lotta interesting things to say bout a certain Pirate's Cove resident.
FFNapYi.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro5_250.gifFFNapYi.png
@B1ueFlame

There are plenty of Let's Plays of it if you don't feel up for playing, which I can totally understand. For me, it's not so much the jumpscares as the loud screamers it also uses. Yeeech.

And for good reason! Gotta watch your back for that one.
@B1ueFlame

There are plenty of Let's Plays of it if you don't feel up for playing, which I can totally understand. For me, it's not so much the jumpscares as the loud screamers it also uses. Yeeech.

And for good reason! Gotta watch your back for that one.
delete_ltr.png
I've played the first night on the demo. Really gave me a feeling of unease while playing (despite being the first level and not much happening)

But I've been loving watching people do let's plays of it.
I've played the first night on the demo. Really gave me a feeling of unease while playing (despite being the first level and not much happening)

But I've been loving watching people do let's plays of it.
@Osirilen

Even with just the first night, it still establishes that creep factor. The game itself is more traumatizing than scary, I'd say. Hits all those childhood memories of fuzzy animal mascots.

Oh yes. Better they experience the fear than me, haha!
@Osirilen

Even with just the first night, it still establishes that creep factor. The game itself is more traumatizing than scary, I'd say. Hits all those childhood memories of fuzzy animal mascots.

Oh yes. Better they experience the fear than me, haha!
delete_ltr.png
@Roseus

Oh definitely. I mean the second those things start to move around it's just like "Oh god where are they? They're outside my door I know it....". And even though I know I need to conserve power and flicking around the camera is a waste of time, I just can't help trying to find them.
@Roseus

Oh definitely. I mean the second those things start to move around it's just like "Oh god where are they? They're outside my door I know it....". And even though I know I need to conserve power and flicking around the camera is a waste of time, I just can't help trying to find them.
I already have this hatred for things that move when you're not looking, so I knew this was going to be special if it ended up being as scary as everyone said, and boy was it ever lmao. I was actually good until Foxy suddenly disappeared from the Pirate's Cove despite checking frequently and I saw him literally running down the hall in one of the other cameras and by then it was too late. He was already in the room and I was choking on my gum in surprise lmao.

I haven't had anything startle me that much in a while, so I definitely recommend it for anyone who hasn't watched/played it yet.
I already have this hatred for things that move when you're not looking, so I knew this was going to be special if it ended up being as scary as everyone said, and boy was it ever lmao. I was actually good until Foxy suddenly disappeared from the Pirate's Cove despite checking frequently and I saw him literally running down the hall in one of the other cameras and by then it was too late. He was already in the room and I was choking on my gum in surprise lmao.

I haven't had anything startle me that much in a while, so I definitely recommend it for anyone who hasn't watched/played it yet.
JViYfKK.png
I watched Roosterteeth play it, and that game is terrifying.
I watched Roosterteeth play it, and that game is terrifying.
643_zpspmm4kxog.giftumblr_inline_n6kdupObsO1qlye38_zpsgsjvkvyl.gif644_zpsht3f1iox.gif
I've watched RT and Markiplier play it. I love scary things, but not if I'm actually playing them myself, so this is as close as I'm gonna get to playing it. ><
I've watched RT and Markiplier play it. I love scary things, but not if I'm actually playing them myself, so this is as close as I'm gonna get to playing it. ><
@Villainess
I saw that bit as well. *shudder* Not a big fan of Foxy and his Weeping Angel-esque movements. Just stay behind your curtain, gdi.

@Clickwizard
Watched them play it first as well. Poor Gav!

@Biki
Haha, I can agree with you there. I was fine playing it, as long as I had someone there with me and the door to my room actually remained shut. Could you imagine that game with Oculous Rift? Nooo thank you.
@Villainess
I saw that bit as well. *shudder* Not a big fan of Foxy and his Weeping Angel-esque movements. Just stay behind your curtain, gdi.

@Clickwizard
Watched them play it first as well. Poor Gav!

@Biki
Haha, I can agree with you there. I was fine playing it, as long as I had someone there with me and the door to my room actually remained shut. Could you imagine that game with Oculous Rift? Nooo thank you.
delete_ltr.png
1 2 3 4 5