Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Please don't buy babs just to exhault
1 2 3 4 5
@TinyRewind

That's actually really interesting, if you and op share the same experience with quick exalting. What I'm wondering is that they might buy however many dragons you have priced the same (like two bbys from the same nest priced at something like 5000) and if people from Plague and Shadow are the ones that tend to do that. Or, if there's groups inside those two flights that generally focus on that.
@TinyRewind

That's actually really interesting, if you and op share the same experience with quick exalting. What I'm wondering is that they might buy however many dragons you have priced the same (like two bbys from the same nest priced at something like 5000) and if people from Plague and Shadow are the ones that tend to do that. Or, if there's groups inside those two flights that generally focus on that.
tumblr_inline_nuxyosylZm1tyu8aj_540.png
[quote name="TinyRewind" date="2014-08-09 22:52:22"]Basically what you're saying is 'wah wah you cant tell me what to do' in a really obnoxious way.[/quote] Woah, woah, woah, usually I wouldn't reply, but are you kidding me. The people who get upset about babies being exalted without names had SOME ground to stand on. Here YOU guys are telling US to stop exalting, why? Because their being exalted end point? Are YOU the twelve year old who's butthurt? I'd say yes, because why do you care? You get the money, you make the profit out of this deal, while WE lose money. This has nothing to do with 'You can't tell me what to do' this is about you acting like a spoiled brat. Yes, I have had hatchlings exalted, but you don't see me crying do you? Why? Because I put those hatchling up there because I don't care what happens to them, and that I'd make more profit putting the there then exalting them my self. I think you should take up the same mindset when using the AH. This will probably be my last post in this thread.
TinyRewind wrote on 2014-08-09 22:52:22:
Basically what you're saying is 'wah wah you cant tell me what to do' in a really obnoxious way.

Woah, woah, woah, usually I wouldn't reply, but are you kidding me. The people who get upset about babies being exalted without names had SOME ground to stand on. Here YOU guys are telling US to stop exalting, why? Because their being exalted end point? Are YOU the twelve year old who's butthurt? I'd say yes, because why do you care? You get the money, you make the profit out of this deal, while WE lose money. This has nothing to do with 'You can't tell me what to do' this is about you acting like a spoiled brat. Yes, I have had hatchlings exalted, but you don't see me crying do you? Why? Because I put those hatchling up there because I don't care what happens to them, and that I'd make more profit putting the there then exalting them my self. I think you should take up the same mindset when using the AH. This will probably be my last post in this thread.
VGxuHXT.png
[quote name="MythosSnakey" date="2014-08-09 22:49:23"]I think what was being said was when there's a specific contest between two flights (ex. Shadow and Light this week). I do understand what you're saying, though! It does kinda get on my nerves, but I'd say the thing to hope for is that people won't exalt them right away. I don't tend to exalt babies as soon as I get them from the AH--in fact, I usually keep 'em! [quote]And I'm noticing the main culprits are from either Shadow or Plague most of the time.[/quote] Can I ask what you meant by this? I'm not getting angry by this statement, but I've usually had people from Arcane exalt my stuff more than Plague or Shadow. Is this something you've noticed by checking in with other people, or is it just your own experience?[/quote] Yeah that's just been my experience. Never had Arcane exhault spams from my den, but then this thread is for people to add their experiences, so there you go, more than two clans are going at it hard with the spamming it seems. It's just been every time someone buys and straight up exhaults hatchlings from my den they've only ever been plague or shadow. Mostly shadow. I get that people are competitive, but they're getting to the point of football fanatics (i.e. suggesting that the way they show their competitive support for their team could be ruining other people's good time just makes them get very offended and shirk all responsibilities for their actions rather than taking on board the comment. And then get up in your face basically saying 'u wanna go mate?') Like dude, I'm OK with people being super into dominance battles, but they don't need to bite my head off when I make the comment that their dominance battle activities are impinging on other people's enjoyment of their gameplay experience here. I'm seeing a lot of responses along the lines of 'U CANT TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO WITH THE DRAGONS U SOLD THEM'. Yes, yes I am aware of that. I did say I can't tell you what to do with your treasure. I'm also aware that I run the risks putting my babies or adults in the auction house. But it shouldn't be that a majority of sales are just people having these dominance fights, surely? What I wanted to do here was make people aware that what they are doing can annoy other players. And no one really answered my question of WHY dominance is so important to them if they are cancelling out the benefits. Seriously, are you just trying to win for bragging rights? Is winning said bragging rights so very very important that you're ready to abuse anyone who says 'hey, the way you're playing this game isn't really cool because it's impinging on how other people play, can you play it a little different in a way that keeps all parties happy?' If in your head you are saying 'Yes. Yes dominance is more important than everyone enjoying themselves. Because if this annoys them I don't care, it's their fault they don't like it, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing despite a compromise being possible', then you are being a) completely immature b) making your clan on the whole look pretty bad and c) a twat. I started this thread to have a reasonable discussion, but because people seem INTENT on taking offense (and I am not aiming this at the person I quoted because they're clearly not coming into this with a hot head, I was just answering their question) then I'm washing my hands of the discussion. Because really, it's not a discussion. It's an immediate dogpile by people who's only concern in this game is a childish need to be part of the dominant flight at any cost. People who it seems lack the ability to even discuss something regarding their gaming methods and would rather take the line of 'if you don't like what I'm doing it's your problem not mine'. Alright, you didn't HAVE to be rude about it, but you went that way because you're selfish. Thankyou for taking something enjoyable and making it a whole lot less so.
MythosSnakey wrote on 2014-08-09 22:49:23:
I think what was being said was when there's a specific contest between two flights (ex. Shadow and Light this week). I do understand what you're saying, though! It does kinda get on my nerves, but I'd say the thing to hope for is that people won't exalt them right away. I don't tend to exalt babies as soon as I get them from the AH--in fact, I usually keep 'em!
Quote:
And I'm noticing the main culprits are from either Shadow or Plague most of the time.

Can I ask what you meant by this? I'm not getting angry by this statement, but I've usually had people from Arcane exalt my stuff more than Plague or Shadow. Is this something you've noticed by checking in with other people, or is it just your own experience?

Yeah that's just been my experience. Never had Arcane exhault spams from my den, but then this thread is for people to add their experiences, so there you go, more than two clans are going at it hard with the spamming it seems.

It's just been every time someone buys and straight up exhaults hatchlings from my den they've only ever been plague or shadow. Mostly shadow. I get that people are competitive, but they're getting to the point of football fanatics (i.e. suggesting that the way they show their competitive support for their team could be ruining other people's good time just makes them get very offended and shirk all responsibilities for their actions rather than taking on board the comment. And then get up in your face basically saying 'u wanna go mate?')

Like dude, I'm OK with people being super into dominance battles, but they don't need to bite my head off when I make the comment that their dominance battle activities are impinging on other people's enjoyment of their gameplay experience here.

I'm seeing a lot of responses along the lines of 'U CANT TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO WITH THE DRAGONS U SOLD THEM'. Yes, yes I am aware of that. I did say I can't tell you what to do with your treasure. I'm also aware that I run the risks putting my babies or adults in the auction house. But it shouldn't be that a majority of sales are just people having these dominance fights, surely?

What I wanted to do here was make people aware that what they are doing can annoy other players. And no one really answered my question of WHY dominance is so important to them if they are cancelling out the benefits.

Seriously, are you just trying to win for bragging rights? Is winning said bragging rights so very very important that you're ready to abuse anyone who says 'hey, the way you're playing this game isn't really cool because it's impinging on how other people play, can you play it a little different in a way that keeps all parties happy?'

If in your head you are saying 'Yes. Yes dominance is more important than everyone enjoying themselves. Because if this annoys them I don't care, it's their fault they don't like it, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing despite a compromise being possible', then you are being a) completely immature b) making your clan on the whole look pretty bad and c) a ****.

I started this thread to have a reasonable discussion, but because people seem INTENT on taking offense (and I am not aiming this at the person I quoted because they're clearly not coming into this with a hot head, I was just answering their question) then I'm washing my hands of the discussion.

Because really, it's not a discussion. It's an immediate dogpile by people who's only concern in this game is a childish need to be part of the dominant flight at any cost. People who it seems lack the ability to even discuss something regarding their gaming methods and would rather take the line of 'if you don't like what I'm doing it's your problem not mine'.

Alright, you didn't HAVE to be rude about it, but you went that way because you're selfish. Thankyou for taking something enjoyable and making it a whole lot less so.
Er, well, your intro to the discussion wasn't very polite or understanding to start with. :O Maybe people on the buying side didn't feel you would understand no matter what they said.
Er, well, your intro to the discussion wasn't very polite or understanding to start with. :O Maybe people on the buying side didn't feel you would understand no matter what they said.
Kiyhara

Fluffy Fiery Dragons
I'm beginning to think this is a trollbait thread, as you continue to insult us and call us names when we are giving opinions just like you are. You didn't HAVE to be rude just because people are disagreeing with you.

As for dom, people do it for bragging rights mostly. I don't buy and exalt, I just train. It's not really a big deal to me, but some people are competitive.

The AH changes everyday. Some dragons are exalted for dom, some for profit, some a studded then exalted, some even are bought to be kept. Dom isn't something that happens every week, you know.

You know what wouldn't be fun? Buttloads of dragons clogging up the AH because no one wants to buy and exalt anything except their own babies. Dragons need to be exalted, and whether they're pretty, ugly, a triple, gen 1 or whatever, it has to come to pass. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and unless that beholder is you, any dragon you don't have can be exalted.
I'm beginning to think this is a trollbait thread, as you continue to insult us and call us names when we are giving opinions just like you are. You didn't HAVE to be rude just because people are disagreeing with you.

As for dom, people do it for bragging rights mostly. I don't buy and exalt, I just train. It's not really a big deal to me, but some people are competitive.

The AH changes everyday. Some dragons are exalted for dom, some for profit, some a studded then exalted, some even are bought to be kept. Dom isn't something that happens every week, you know.

You know what wouldn't be fun? Buttloads of dragons clogging up the AH because no one wants to buy and exalt anything except their own babies. Dragons need to be exalted, and whether they're pretty, ugly, a triple, gen 1 or whatever, it has to come to pass. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and unless that beholder is you, any dragon you don't have can be exalted.
splat.gif
@Deathcomes4u

I'll have to agree with @Kiyhara on this one, your opening post came off as rather rude (your second post even moreso, I'm afraid)

I guess we just have differing opinions on buying/selling dragons when it comes to exaltation *shrugs*

I blatantly can't change your opinion on the matter, and visa versa
@Deathcomes4u

I'll have to agree with @Kiyhara on this one, your opening post came off as rather rude (your second post even moreso, I'm afraid)

I guess we just have differing opinions on buying/selling dragons when it comes to exaltation *shrugs*

I blatantly can't change your opinion on the matter, and visa versa
-sips tea-
Extra note: No-one has said 'stop exhaulting'. A suggestion was made that a daily exhault cap might be useful to stop people from over-manipulating the game. It would be very in line with the other daily caps for gathering and trading post activities.

I have heard something outside of the game via a tumblr discussion regarding mods trying to encourage exhaultation to assist the game economy. I can understand why then, an exhault cap would probably not be considered.

The more dragons there are in circulation, the less people will buy, and when breeding is at a constant rate, you have a massive backlog of babies and no lair space to give them (because we all know how expensive a lair gets the bigger it gets). To not exhault would be to destroy the game mechanic and that would screw EVERYTHING up. I'm sure the mods know intimately just what difficuties they face balancing a virtual economy in a state of exponential growth.

But as someone else pointed out in a fresh thread relating to this one, players can make an effort to exhault 'ugly' babies. The problem with that of course is people's varying aesthetic tastes means the concept of what's pretty and what's ugly can't be pinned down. Also that dominance players probably don't care as much about aesthetics as breeder players when they're not looking for keeper dragons.

All the same, no one has suggested people stop exhaulting all together. The suggestion is that people be more discerning with their exhaultations so that everyone is enjoying themselves and not just the people who enjoy dominance battles.
Extra note: No-one has said 'stop exhaulting'. A suggestion was made that a daily exhault cap might be useful to stop people from over-manipulating the game. It would be very in line with the other daily caps for gathering and trading post activities.

I have heard something outside of the game via a tumblr discussion regarding mods trying to encourage exhaultation to assist the game economy. I can understand why then, an exhault cap would probably not be considered.

The more dragons there are in circulation, the less people will buy, and when breeding is at a constant rate, you have a massive backlog of babies and no lair space to give them (because we all know how expensive a lair gets the bigger it gets). To not exhault would be to destroy the game mechanic and that would screw EVERYTHING up. I'm sure the mods know intimately just what difficuties they face balancing a virtual economy in a state of exponential growth.

But as someone else pointed out in a fresh thread relating to this one, players can make an effort to exhault 'ugly' babies. The problem with that of course is people's varying aesthetic tastes means the concept of what's pretty and what's ugly can't be pinned down. Also that dominance players probably don't care as much about aesthetics as breeder players when they're not looking for keeper dragons.

All the same, no one has suggested people stop exhaulting all together. The suggestion is that people be more discerning with their exhaultations so that everyone is enjoying themselves and not just the people who enjoy dominance battles.
To me, the reason it's okay to buy and exalt whatever babbus are on the AH, no matter what the situation, is because that's what the AH is there for. There are other options for selling your babbus, forum threads, putting your babbus up for a lot more than they should sell for and then offering to sell them for less to parties that agree with your terms of adoption, or having a set group of people that you trade and sell to.

The AH is for public sales, without terms, without obligation. If they go up there, they might be exalted immediately, whether or not there's a dom push. People can do whatever they want with them. I do understand your heartfelt feelings for your dragons, it sounds like you put a lot of work into breeding them just right! But to get mad at individuals for doing something they find fun with the dragons you put up for public sale, isn't very fair. :o

I'm sorry this situation annoys you so badly. :(
To me, the reason it's okay to buy and exalt whatever babbus are on the AH, no matter what the situation, is because that's what the AH is there for. There are other options for selling your babbus, forum threads, putting your babbus up for a lot more than they should sell for and then offering to sell them for less to parties that agree with your terms of adoption, or having a set group of people that you trade and sell to.

The AH is for public sales, without terms, without obligation. If they go up there, they might be exalted immediately, whether or not there's a dom push. People can do whatever they want with them. I do understand your heartfelt feelings for your dragons, it sounds like you put a lot of work into breeding them just right! But to get mad at individuals for doing something they find fun with the dragons you put up for public sale, isn't very fair. :o

I'm sorry this situation annoys you so badly. :(
Kiyhara

Fluffy Fiery Dragons
@Deathcomes4u Mass exalters don't really care about looks when it comes to winning, so that's a moot point. Then again, a lot of fodder is rescued during dom fights. Every other post in Arcane was 'OMG LOOK WHAT I FOUND IN AH'.

And again 'ugly' is very subjective here, so that can never happen.
@Deathcomes4u Mass exalters don't really care about looks when it comes to winning, so that's a moot point. Then again, a lot of fodder is rescued during dom fights. Every other post in Arcane was 'OMG LOOK WHAT I FOUND IN AH'.

And again 'ugly' is very subjective here, so that can never happen.
splat.gif
Exalting dragons is hardly a cruel act anyway. Speaking in terms of what the game says, it just means they are sent to work for a higher cause, right? They're not just tossed out or met with a terrible fate. It just means they're living, healthy, and working for a powerful god. That to me, is pretty cool.

Unfortunately in this case, the Auction House is far too non-personal because it's pretty much a one-click-buy kinda deal. You don't gotta know the person, or where the babies are from, or why it has to matter. IF they're put up for auction, the buyer gets it in their head that you, the seller, DON'T care what they do with the dragon. And when it's nameless, just hatched, and possibly being sold for a cheap profit, it's especially hard to think differently.

If you are that connected with your baby dragons, I think another option besides the AH is needed. There are plenty of ways to sell or put dragons up for adoption without needing to auction them off, and talking with members on the forum in your own sale thread is a lot more personal, ain't it? It'd help give people an idea what YOU want, while letting you feel more comfortable knowing who wants to buy the dragon from you!

Edit: Oh wow I type slow. Tons of other posts have shown up now. Pfff. Hope this is still somewhat of a relevant post still.
Exalting dragons is hardly a cruel act anyway. Speaking in terms of what the game says, it just means they are sent to work for a higher cause, right? They're not just tossed out or met with a terrible fate. It just means they're living, healthy, and working for a powerful god. That to me, is pretty cool.

Unfortunately in this case, the Auction House is far too non-personal because it's pretty much a one-click-buy kinda deal. You don't gotta know the person, or where the babies are from, or why it has to matter. IF they're put up for auction, the buyer gets it in their head that you, the seller, DON'T care what they do with the dragon. And when it's nameless, just hatched, and possibly being sold for a cheap profit, it's especially hard to think differently.

If you are that connected with your baby dragons, I think another option besides the AH is needed. There are plenty of ways to sell or put dragons up for adoption without needing to auction them off, and talking with members on the forum in your own sale thread is a lot more personal, ain't it? It'd help give people an idea what YOU want, while letting you feel more comfortable knowing who wants to buy the dragon from you!

Edit: Oh wow I type slow. Tons of other posts have shown up now. Pfff. Hope this is still somewhat of a relevant post still.
1 2 3 4 5