Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ASMR?
1 2
do any of you guys have it? from the wikipedia article: [quote]Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a neologism for a perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, back, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, and/or cognitive stimuli. The nature and classification of the ASMR phenomenon is controversial, though there is a considerable cult following and strong anecdotal evidence to support the phenomenon despite the lack of verifiable data.[/quote] for me i mostly get 'tingles' from a combination of things, usually auditory/visual, but it depends. sometimes i get them a lot, and sometimes i go for weeks without any. i know about the asmr community and videos and stuff, but i've never actually spoken directly to anyone who's experienced it, so, yeah! it'd be cool to find out if any other fr users know what i'm going on about, omg.
do any of you guys have it?

from the wikipedia article:
Quote:
Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a neologism for a perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, back, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, and/or cognitive stimuli. The nature and classification of the ASMR phenomenon is controversial, though there is a considerable cult following and strong anecdotal evidence to support the phenomenon despite the lack of verifiable data.

for me i mostly get 'tingles' from a combination of things, usually auditory/visual, but it depends. sometimes i get them a lot, and sometimes i go for weeks without any.

i know about the asmr community and videos and stuff, but i've never actually spoken directly to anyone who's experienced it, so, yeah! it'd be cool to find out if any other fr users know what i'm going on about, omg.
tumblr_p8rcdlSEsz1vzel59o2_540.gif
@autobot Ooh I have this!

I don't think I've ever had it with something visual, but it happens with auditory things a lot. Noises/sounds that I really enjoy tend to elicit the tingly response. Like someone typing quietly on a computer, rustling papers, and especially certain people's voices.

The tingly feeling is always on the back of my head.
@autobot Ooh I have this!

I don't think I've ever had it with something visual, but it happens with auditory things a lot. Noises/sounds that I really enjoy tend to elicit the tingly response. Like someone typing quietly on a computer, rustling papers, and especially certain people's voices.

The tingly feeling is always on the back of my head.
Come follow me on tumblr!

theprofessorstrikesagain.tumblr.com
@autobot
I get these every so often from both auditory and visual things. It starts from the back of my head and goes all the way to my toes sometimes. I actually never knew it was a 'thing' until I bumped into a similar thread here in Flight Rising.
@autobot
I get these every so often from both auditory and visual things. It starts from the back of my head and goes all the way to my toes sometimes. I actually never knew it was a 'thing' until I bumped into a similar thread here in Flight Rising.
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
@Arithelia @Safikei
oh, sweet! it's always cool to talk to people who get this, i found out one of my friends gets it too last night. do you guys watch specific videos for it? or do you just experience them irl?
@Arithelia @Safikei
oh, sweet! it's always cool to talk to people who get this, i found out one of my friends gets it too last night. do you guys watch specific videos for it? or do you just experience them irl?
@autobot
I have never watched any specific videos for it because for me it just happens. It can come when I listen to the music of my favorite artists or just some beautiful random music that happens to have high female vocals. Voices seem to do it for me quite well!
@autobot
I have never watched any specific videos for it because for me it just happens. It can come when I listen to the music of my favorite artists or just some beautiful random music that happens to have high female vocals. Voices seem to do it for me quite well!
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
@Safikei
! ahh yeah, i usually watch specific asmr videos for it since that's how i actually came about it, it doesn't seem to happen irl as much unless it involves something tactile. when i listen to music i get a similar thing tho! usually it's something instrumental for me.

it's not exactly the same for me as when i watch asmr videos though, because when it comes to music it's more 'frisson', like cold chills? but the other feeling is more of a comforting, relaxing sensation.
@Safikei
! ahh yeah, i usually watch specific asmr videos for it since that's how i actually came about it, it doesn't seem to happen irl as much unless it involves something tactile. when i listen to music i get a similar thing tho! usually it's something instrumental for me.

it's not exactly the same for me as when i watch asmr videos though, because when it comes to music it's more 'frisson', like cold chills? but the other feeling is more of a comforting, relaxing sensation.
Wait, you mean this isn't a normal response for everyone...? I think I just learned something new about myself.
Wait, you mean this isn't a normal response for everyone...? I think I just learned something new about myself.
@Gristle
personally, i believe that probably everyone gets it, just a few people get it more??? noticeably? intensely? idk. i asked a few of my friends last night and only one actually knew what i was talking about after i linked them the wikipedia article. i always thought it was something everyone got, until i mentioned it to someone a few years back and they looked at me funny.
@Gristle
personally, i believe that probably everyone gets it, just a few people get it more??? noticeably? intensely? idk. i asked a few of my friends last night and only one actually knew what i was talking about after i linked them the wikipedia article. i always thought it was something everyone got, until i mentioned it to someone a few years back and they looked at me funny.
i get this feeling when i watch that one scene from toy story 2

google geri the toy repair man
i get this feeling when i watch that one scene from toy story 2

google geri the toy repair man
@autobot

I just mentioned it to a couple guys in the room with me, and after I explained with a little detail they said they both experience it, one more than the other.

I get really intense tingles sometimes, but I've never tried to make it happen on purpose, so maybe that's something to try!
@autobot

I just mentioned it to a couple guys in the room with me, and after I explained with a little detail they said they both experience it, one more than the other.

I get really intense tingles sometimes, but I've never tried to make it happen on purpose, so maybe that's something to try!
1 2