Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Emotionally victimized by Tokyo Ghoul?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@graffiti *claws at face* 8'( 8'(
@graffiti *claws at face* 8'( 8'(
Omg the wait for the next chapter is killing me. I can't recall another anime/manga that's gotten me THIS soul-crushingly invested and the changes they made in the anime for Hinami and her family made it even more heartbreaking than when I read it in the manga ;__; I don't think I'll be able to handle the next episode. I'm also the only one of my friends who's reading the manga so I have no one to scream about it with because then I'll spoil them. I keep telling them they should read it but they want to wait until the anime is further into the story

And also one of them ships Kaneki and Tsukiyama and I took a look at the tsukikane tag on tumblr because I got curious. Horrible mistake. Now I have no soul. And I would definitely be going to hell if I still had one. At first I kind of hated Tsukiyama MAINLY because of his awful outfits but now I LOVE him (though I still call him trash, garbage, Trashiyama, etc half the time) because he's so flamboyant and dangerous and also he majors in social work which IS REALLY UNEXPECTED and I find him really interesting so now he's my second favorite character (first is Kaneki)

I have read most of the fanfics of them that I've found. And my friend and I keep making headcanons. I am far beyond salvation at this point

I ALSO THINK NISHIKI AND KIMI'S RELATIONSHIP IS REALLY SWEET. And in the short at the end of today's (or I suppose yesterday since it's now 2 AM woops). Nishiki just doesn't know how not to be a jerk
Omg the wait for the next chapter is killing me. I can't recall another anime/manga that's gotten me THIS soul-crushingly invested and the changes they made in the anime for Hinami and her family made it even more heartbreaking than when I read it in the manga ;__; I don't think I'll be able to handle the next episode. I'm also the only one of my friends who's reading the manga so I have no one to scream about it with because then I'll spoil them. I keep telling them they should read it but they want to wait until the anime is further into the story

And also one of them ships Kaneki and Tsukiyama and I took a look at the tsukikane tag on tumblr because I got curious. Horrible mistake. Now I have no soul. And I would definitely be going to hell if I still had one. At first I kind of hated Tsukiyama MAINLY because of his awful outfits but now I LOVE him (though I still call him trash, garbage, Trashiyama, etc half the time) because he's so flamboyant and dangerous and also he majors in social work which IS REALLY UNEXPECTED and I find him really interesting so now he's my second favorite character (first is Kaneki)

I have read most of the fanfics of them that I've found. And my friend and I keep making headcanons. I am far beyond salvation at this point

I ALSO THINK NISHIKI AND KIMI'S RELATIONSHIP IS REALLY SWEET. And in the short at the end of today's (or I suppose yesterday since it's now 2 AM woops). Nishiki just doesn't know how not to be a jerk
Gone
@Graffiti @bergamonster you guys are awful....
I guess I was right though, in the time it took for me to get caught up only one chapter was released, and i didn't even notice until after i finished reading, hehe.
I had a feeling this would happen though =w=; Maaaaaaan I wanted to wait so I could avoid being taunted by those out of order chapters......
In any case I need to go to bed.....
@Graffiti @bergamonster you guys are awful....
I guess I was right though, in the time it took for me to get caught up only one chapter was released, and i didn't even notice until after i finished reading, hehe.
I had a feeling this would happen though =w=; Maaaaaaan I wanted to wait so I could avoid being taunted by those out of order chapters......
In any case I need to go to bed.....
she/her | 8sddrpT.png| fae/faer
Our Flight is the Flight that will pierce the Heavens!
@autumnwvyern hahah oh geeze did you really just read the entire thing??
@autumnwvyern hahah oh geeze did you really just read the entire thing??
@PrinceCatling Oh gosh yes the latest episode of the anime totally killed me, and the manga is kill me more -_- Unfortunately I have to admit I'm kind of a buzzkill when it comes to shipping and headcanons though. Tsukiyama makes me legitimately uncomfortable so any ship involving him is an instant no for me...especially after his whole "This is your fault, you're making me do this" line to Kaneki. That sounded like...something else >_>;
@PrinceCatling Oh gosh yes the latest episode of the anime totally killed me, and the manga is kill me more -_- Unfortunately I have to admit I'm kind of a buzzkill when it comes to shipping and headcanons though. Tsukiyama makes me legitimately uncomfortable so any ship involving him is an instant no for me...especially after his whole "This is your fault, you're making me do this" line to Kaneki. That sounded like...something else >_>;
@bergamonster
Yeah I totally get that. Normally I'm really put off by characters/ships like there because I knew a guy my freshman year of high school who was almost as creepy and straight up said "This is your fault, you're making me do this" to me but for some reason Tsukiyama's an exception??? It's so weird. I guess he gets beat up within an inch of his life in canon and Kaneki is totally able to kill him and like the entire fandom would agree with him when I call him a piece of trash helps I guess :U (and back when I was in the SNK fandom, Barleytea on tumblr got me into guro a little and, woops, it carried on into Tokyo Ghoul :B I'm really freaked out by irl gore but when it's drawn or written I'm totally fine I don't get it)
@bergamonster
Yeah I totally get that. Normally I'm really put off by characters/ships like there because I knew a guy my freshman year of high school who was almost as creepy and straight up said "This is your fault, you're making me do this" to me but for some reason Tsukiyama's an exception??? It's so weird. I guess he gets beat up within an inch of his life in canon and Kaneki is totally able to kill him and like the entire fandom would agree with him when I call him a piece of trash helps I guess :U (and back when I was in the SNK fandom, Barleytea on tumblr got me into guro a little and, woops, it carried on into Tokyo Ghoul :B I'm really freaked out by irl gore but when it's drawn or written I'm totally fine I don't get it)
Gone
@bergamonster ....yes... I mean: [quote name="AutumnWyvern" date="2014-08-07 16:12:35"] When I really get into something I will plow through it uninterrupted (as much as possible)[/quote] I did mention that's a thing I do. At one point i got hungry and I was sitting with my laptop eating vanilla wafer cookies thinking "should I really be eating while reading this?" @PrinceCatling As for the shipping discussion I'm not much of I shipper so I don't really have much to add there. But for Tsukiyama I like him because he's so awful? He's not my favorite (Uta is) but my fondness for Tsukiyama is like the next step in a never-ending chain of liking characters that are literally trash. Also characters with questionable eating habits (INCLUDING ONE OF MY OWN OCS *sobs*). OH!!! My friend who is at Otakon just informed me one of the people she is rooming with is cosplying Suzuya~ (okay she said "someone from tokyo ghoul with a big scythe" but)
@bergamonster ....yes... I mean:
AutumnWyvern wrote on 2014-08-07 16:12:35:
When I really get into something I will plow through it uninterrupted (as much as possible)
I did mention that's a thing I do.
At one point i got hungry and I was sitting with my laptop eating vanilla wafer cookies thinking "should I really be eating while reading this?"

@PrinceCatling
As for the shipping discussion I'm not much of I shipper so I don't really have much to add there. But for Tsukiyama I like him because he's so awful? He's not my favorite (Uta is) but my fondness for Tsukiyama is like the next step in a never-ending chain of liking characters that are literally trash.
Also characters with questionable eating habits (INCLUDING ONE OF MY OWN OCS *sobs*).

OH!!! My friend who is at Otakon just informed me one of the people she is rooming with is cosplying Suzuya~ (okay she said "someone from tokyo ghoul with a big scythe" but)
@AutumnWyvern; haha oh my gosh you finished it fast! Now you can hope with the rest of us that the new chapters come out as fast as possible :'D
Also that's awesome, Suzuya cosplayers are so cool especially if they actually managed to make the scythe wow.

@PrinceCatling; The Tsukikane tag sounds so dangerous. But I do ship them a little bit... mostly because, like you said, Kaneki could totally take him out if he wanted.
Trash characters are wonderful anyway.
@AutumnWyvern; haha oh my gosh you finished it fast! Now you can hope with the rest of us that the new chapters come out as fast as possible :'D
Also that's awesome, Suzuya cosplayers are so cool especially if they actually managed to make the scythe wow.

@PrinceCatling; The Tsukikane tag sounds so dangerous. But I do ship them a little bit... mostly because, like you said, Kaneki could totally take him out if he wanted.
Trash characters are wonderful anyway.
@Graffiti waiting for the new chapters was what i was trying to avoid by waiting until they were all up in order *soooooooobs* I don't have any pictures of the cosplay yet though, but they probably will start showing up later once people are in hotel rooms
@Graffiti waiting for the new chapters was what i was trying to avoid by waiting until they were all up in order *soooooooobs* I don't have any pictures of the cosplay yet though, but they probably will start showing up later once people are in hotel rooms
@Graffiti
I'm so thirsty for the ship that I'm tracking both Tsukikane and Shuuneki even though they share most of their posts :U The content is mostly 'ehhhhhh' really. Like, it's mainly jokes and they're kinda limited and get old fast. The art that isn't jokes is pretty nice though. Fanfics are pretty descent too. But since this is Tokyo Ghoul, there's some gore scattered around too (but honestly not as much as I expected)
@Graffiti
I'm so thirsty for the ship that I'm tracking both Tsukikane and Shuuneki even though they share most of their posts :U The content is mostly 'ehhhhhh' really. Like, it's mainly jokes and they're kinda limited and get old fast. The art that isn't jokes is pretty nice though. Fanfics are pretty descent too. But since this is Tokyo Ghoul, there's some gore scattered around too (but honestly not as much as I expected)
Gone
1 2 3 4 5 6 7