Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | How did you come up with your username?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
@langley, awesome choice my friend!
@langley, awesome choice my friend!
_______ sxMU55W.png ___
off. | she - her | fr +2
search for a place to rest old bones

VIOLENT DELIGHTS HAVE VIOLENT ENDS
@OFF AHHH and you! That game destroys my heart but I love it so
@OFF AHHH and you! That game destroys my heart but I love it so
ZNhRsiG.png
@langley ugh I know, so amazing ;_;
@langley ugh I know, so amazing ;_;
_______ sxMU55W.png ___
off. | she - her | fr +2
search for a place to rest old bones

VIOLENT DELIGHTS HAVE VIOLENT ENDS
Mine expresses my love for Sherlock Holmes. It is also the name of my main furry character. plus i just love the word.
Mine expresses my love for Sherlock Holmes. It is also the name of my main furry character. plus i just love the word.
UwUnl7O.png
Uhm...okay, sort of long story here, give me a second...

So freshman year of college a bunch of guys and I would get together and watch movies every Saturday and sometime in February or March we were talking and decided that we all wanted to see the Avengers together in May, and I don't know how the topic came up, but the one guy in our group looks like Wolverine, to the point where I actually forgot his real name like five times that semester because we called him "Logan" and "Wolverine" so much. My friends kept talking and talking and one friend became Thor, one became Tony, one became Peter Parker, and one became Captain America. Suddenly there's only me left, and I was (at the time) the only girl in the group. They're like "Well, ****, who's (name) like?" So I was given a link to the Earth-616 list of characters and told to pick a character because Logan point blank refused to let me be the Black Widow.

I went through the list and I was like "Well I don't want anyone who was against the Avengers at any point, and I don't want a particularly sexual costume since I'm overweight and we're making closet cosplays." I had narrowed it down to...probably three female characters including Kate Bishop and I kept going back to her so I went back to the group and told them that I was Hawkeye, Kate Bishop from the Young Avengers to be exact.

So that's how I became Hawkeye. Well, then, over the summer I decided that my pen name needed updated because I really didn't like Hailey Cooper or Zeeva Bane anymore and I wasn't really sure what to pick but I knew I completely adored the Hawkeyes, so I combined the two and got my pen name, Kate Barton, which I used for my tumblr and NaNoWriMo accounts.

Then I started exploring my gender and I love Kate to bits, but it's pretty gendered and my cousin's name is Katie (not that my parents know anything about my gender exploration, and they never will until after I'm permanently out of the house.) At this point I was quite sure I was genderqueer in some way So I looked up gender neutral names, but I was really attached to Kate by this point and I was like "Well, there was a knight named Kay, and Mary Kay is a thing now, so it's got a foot in both worlds, I'll be Kay." And oh my God, has it really been a year since I decided that?

LONG STORY SHORT, Kaythehawk = Hi, I'm Kay and I'm Hawkeye
Uhm...okay, sort of long story here, give me a second...

So freshman year of college a bunch of guys and I would get together and watch movies every Saturday and sometime in February or March we were talking and decided that we all wanted to see the Avengers together in May, and I don't know how the topic came up, but the one guy in our group looks like Wolverine, to the point where I actually forgot his real name like five times that semester because we called him "Logan" and "Wolverine" so much. My friends kept talking and talking and one friend became Thor, one became Tony, one became Peter Parker, and one became Captain America. Suddenly there's only me left, and I was (at the time) the only girl in the group. They're like "Well, ****, who's (name) like?" So I was given a link to the Earth-616 list of characters and told to pick a character because Logan point blank refused to let me be the Black Widow.

I went through the list and I was like "Well I don't want anyone who was against the Avengers at any point, and I don't want a particularly sexual costume since I'm overweight and we're making closet cosplays." I had narrowed it down to...probably three female characters including Kate Bishop and I kept going back to her so I went back to the group and told them that I was Hawkeye, Kate Bishop from the Young Avengers to be exact.

So that's how I became Hawkeye. Well, then, over the summer I decided that my pen name needed updated because I really didn't like Hailey Cooper or Zeeva Bane anymore and I wasn't really sure what to pick but I knew I completely adored the Hawkeyes, so I combined the two and got my pen name, Kate Barton, which I used for my tumblr and NaNoWriMo accounts.

Then I started exploring my gender and I love Kate to bits, but it's pretty gendered and my cousin's name is Katie (not that my parents know anything about my gender exploration, and they never will until after I'm permanently out of the house.) At this point I was quite sure I was genderqueer in some way So I looked up gender neutral names, but I was really attached to Kate by this point and I was like "Well, there was a knight named Kay, and Mary Kay is a thing now, so it's got a foot in both worlds, I'll be Kay." And oh my God, has it really been a year since I decided that?

LONG STORY SHORT, Kaythehawk = Hi, I'm Kay and I'm Hawkeye
I've used one name for waaaay to long, so for a change...in the manga Demon Diary (My favorite manhwa EVER), one of the main characters name is Eclipse!

But I didn't want to be normal, so I found a Korean translation, which ended up being Amura.
I've used one name for waaaay to long, so for a change...in the manga Demon Diary (My favorite manhwa EVER), one of the main characters name is Eclipse!

But I didn't want to be normal, so I found a Korean translation, which ended up being Amura.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
It's my name in real life.
It's my name in real life.
Heart.gif
I used to go by the name Rabbit, and another username of mine used to be 'Roseuslepus', which meant "Red Rabbit". After a while, I stopped going by Rabbit and the name kinda faded out. However, I still liked the word for "Red", and I just kept Roseus.
I used to go by the name Rabbit, and another username of mine used to be 'Roseuslepus', which meant "Red Rabbit". After a while, I stopped going by Rabbit and the name kinda faded out. However, I still liked the word for "Red", and I just kept Roseus.
delete_ltr.png
Up until about two years ago, all my usernames were either fandom references or ones I had been recycling literally since middle school. So when I was creating an account for ao3, I figured I should try for something cleaner. I went to a random word generator and "toreutic" came up, which was a fancy word for artistic metalworking. I liked both the sound of it and the way it could be used as a pun ("wordsmithing"), so it stuck.

My personal tumblr is brucebaraner because I was laughing so hard I started crying when my friend came up with that stupid pun.
Up until about two years ago, all my usernames were either fandom references or ones I had been recycling literally since middle school. So when I was creating an account for ao3, I figured I should try for something cleaner. I went to a random word generator and "toreutic" came up, which was a fancy word for artistic metalworking. I liked both the sound of it and the way it could be used as a pun ("wordsmithing"), so it stuck.

My personal tumblr is brucebaraner because I was laughing so hard I started crying when my friend came up with that stupid pun.
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gifstormcatcher_100x100.jpgtumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
I decided I wanted a canon Dangan Ronpa username, so I got a canon Dangan Ronpa username.

as for my Tumblr, Goingcommondo, it's just a really bad pun my friend came up with.
I decided I wanted a canon Dangan Ronpa username, so I got a canon Dangan Ronpa username.

as for my Tumblr, Goingcommondo, it's just a really bad pun my friend came up with.
+++ ccgsjason@tumblr +++
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25