Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | fears and phobias! :o
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Arachnophobia - I'm less frightened of big fuzzy spiders because I can keep an eye on 'em, but the quick little spindly ones where you can't tell what kind it is from a safe distance? Nope, I need them dead and I'm going to do it by standing well away and throwing heavy things at them that I never want to touch again. But I'm okay with pictures of spiders.

Trypophobia - it's pretty mild for me, but I haven't been able to desensitize myself at all. It just get my skin crawling. Even just thinking about it makes my hair stand on end! Honeycombs and soap suds don't affect me, at least. I've had this since I was a kid, so I'm glad there's a word for "augh bug-eaten leaves".
Arachnophobia - I'm less frightened of big fuzzy spiders because I can keep an eye on 'em, but the quick little spindly ones where you can't tell what kind it is from a safe distance? Nope, I need them dead and I'm going to do it by standing well away and throwing heavy things at them that I never want to touch again. But I'm okay with pictures of spiders.

Trypophobia - it's pretty mild for me, but I haven't been able to desensitize myself at all. It just get my skin crawling. Even just thinking about it makes my hair stand on end! Honeycombs and soap suds don't affect me, at least. I've had this since I was a kid, so I'm glad there's a word for "augh bug-eaten leaves".
0A1SWXC.png
Oh god. I didn't know what trypophobia was and made the mistake of googling it
OH GOD OH GOD I HAVE IT (@!#%$@# I HAVE IT HELP ME
My skin's crawling my fingers itch I want to claw my skin off. Ohmygoodness this is a phobia. YIKES

That was pretty much my first experience with a true phobia.... ohgod. I have a lot of fears, but only one - now two - phobias. I have major issues with clumps of hair in the drain. I mean go figure, right? My job involves... erm... let's just say I work with wild animals and they need to eat, and someone's got to prepare food right? That, though I'm not comfortable with it, I can do, no real issue. But when a clump of hair starts coming out of the drain... even thinking about it I get a gag reflex.... it's irrational and completely debilitating. It's crazy. I mean come on. It's hair. It's on my head. It's everywhere. Calm down. But when it clumps and it's in a drain BLACH I feel like I'm going to faint and have to try not to vomit. Try really hard. I doubt that has a name though xD

Speaking of seems like there's lots of trypophobia people... how to handle it?
Don't read this next bit if reading the names of trypophobia freaks you out!!!

I'm new to the group. I can handle the thing that bees live in, but holes with something in them... like... *whispers* lotus pads *shudder* Total freak out. So... close-set holes with things in them. UIEFHWPEAIFUHASPFIJSAMFSIAPFUHSFUAI. What do I dooooo D: Other than avoid them LIKE THE PLAGUE Is there a way to handle/cope?
Oh god. I didn't know what trypophobia was and made the mistake of googling it
OH GOD OH GOD I HAVE IT (@!#%$@# I HAVE IT HELP ME
My skin's crawling my fingers itch I want to claw my skin off. Ohmygoodness this is a phobia. YIKES

That was pretty much my first experience with a true phobia.... ohgod. I have a lot of fears, but only one - now two - phobias. I have major issues with clumps of hair in the drain. I mean go figure, right? My job involves... erm... let's just say I work with wild animals and they need to eat, and someone's got to prepare food right? That, though I'm not comfortable with it, I can do, no real issue. But when a clump of hair starts coming out of the drain... even thinking about it I get a gag reflex.... it's irrational and completely debilitating. It's crazy. I mean come on. It's hair. It's on my head. It's everywhere. Calm down. But when it clumps and it's in a drain BLACH I feel like I'm going to faint and have to try not to vomit. Try really hard. I doubt that has a name though xD

Speaking of seems like there's lots of trypophobia people... how to handle it?
Don't read this next bit if reading the names of trypophobia freaks you out!!!

I'm new to the group. I can handle the thing that bees live in, but holes with something in them... like... *whispers* lotus pads *shudder* Total freak out. So... close-set holes with things in them. UIEFHWPEAIFUHASPFIJSAMFSIAPFUHSFUAI. What do I dooooo D: Other than avoid them LIKE THE PLAGUE Is there a way to handle/cope?
tumblr_n7sv6nWqzS1tfzqbio2_400.gif
Bees and Spiders, mostly. I'm scared of really dark areas, and I hate going downstairs or leaving my room at night.

Also I looked up Trypophobia and... okay it's disgusting but I don't think I have it? It's just strange to look at. It's nasty.
hmm ok maybe a little bit because now I'm imagining holes in my body.

I'm also scared of heights, I seriously cannot climb a ladder because I'm afraid I'm going to fall and break all my bones possibly crack my head open. Although I'm fine with planes, so long as I know I'm safe I don't mind looking out the window during flight. :p

Accidents, I've never been in a car accident in my life but every time it's come close I freak out and I worry about it the entire day. I think what would have happened if we crashed?

I do have another fear that's so bad that I don't even like mentioning it, so I'm just going to leave it at that.
Bees and Spiders, mostly. I'm scared of really dark areas, and I hate going downstairs or leaving my room at night.

Also I looked up Trypophobia and... okay it's disgusting but I don't think I have it? It's just strange to look at. It's nasty.
hmm ok maybe a little bit because now I'm imagining holes in my body.

I'm also scared of heights, I seriously cannot climb a ladder because I'm afraid I'm going to fall and break all my bones possibly crack my head open. Although I'm fine with planes, so long as I know I'm safe I don't mind looking out the window during flight. :p

Accidents, I've never been in a car accident in my life but every time it's come close I freak out and I worry about it the entire day. I think what would have happened if we crashed?

I do have another fear that's so bad that I don't even like mentioning it, so I'm just going to leave it at that.
w2GVor2.jpg
being alone/abandoned, trypophobia, emetophobia, heights, wasps, drowning, public speaking, elevators, etc
being alone/abandoned, trypophobia, emetophobia, heights, wasps, drowning, public speaking, elevators, etc
ivan, it/he pronouns
I have very specific phobias like repetitive tiny holes or bumps. Pulling of fingers nails (if someone tries to remove a hangnail for my body prepare for sweating, crying, screaming, jumping away. It's pretty awful.) I don't like seeing a flash light shined into my own eyes in the mirror, makes me want to claw my own eyes out. Fear of heights and things falling on me and feeling closed in. Oh and things with skinny legs and circular pattern bodies that don't seem proportionate in with with comparison to the body.
> Octopuses and skinny-legged spiders.
I have very specific phobias like repetitive tiny holes or bumps. Pulling of fingers nails (if someone tries to remove a hangnail for my body prepare for sweating, crying, screaming, jumping away. It's pretty awful.) I don't like seeing a flash light shined into my own eyes in the mirror, makes me want to claw my own eyes out. Fear of heights and things falling on me and feeling closed in. Oh and things with skinny legs and circular pattern bodies that don't seem proportionate in with with comparison to the body.
> Octopuses and skinny-legged spiders.
ws3bky.png Sprite done by XenaWarrior,she too gewd.
I'm not very fearful of any common things but I do have a fear of small spaces and heights, other than that I really hate the sound of loud chewing and the feeling of chalk, it just makes my skin crawl, eugh.
I'm not very fearful of any common things but I do have a fear of small spaces and heights, other than that I really hate the sound of loud chewing and the feeling of chalk, it just makes my skin crawl, eugh.
dClop1.pngEaZFV1.pngxAOyl1.png7aVQs1.pnghxpFg1.png
I am super afraid of heights, but only certain cases will shut me down. Like if I'm on a huge plateau and the edge is far away, its cool but like narrow hight up paths. Big nope.

I don't do ladders or escalators, for separate reasons but both equally terrifying. Ladders because what if you climb one and then your leg slips through the hole and you fall and get stuck really high off the ground? Big nope. And escalators because I irrationally fear that some part of my clothing (i.e. shoelace) will get stuck in the metal grate part and I'll get sucked into it, yeah impossible but freaks me out.

And of course clowns and spider, honestly who isn't afraid of those two.
I am super afraid of heights, but only certain cases will shut me down. Like if I'm on a huge plateau and the edge is far away, its cool but like narrow hight up paths. Big nope.

I don't do ladders or escalators, for separate reasons but both equally terrifying. Ladders because what if you climb one and then your leg slips through the hole and you fall and get stuck really high off the ground? Big nope. And escalators because I irrationally fear that some part of my clothing (i.e. shoelace) will get stuck in the metal grate part and I'll get sucked into it, yeah impossible but freaks me out.

And of course clowns and spider, honestly who isn't afraid of those two.
I despise jellyfishes of any kind. Even looking at a picture of one online or in a book makes my skin crawl. If I know in that particular waters I could come across one, I would never go in there, which is a pity, since otherwise I love water and swimming :D
I despise jellyfishes of any kind. Even looking at a picture of one online or in a book makes my skin crawl. If I know in that particular waters I could come across one, I would never go in there, which is a pity, since otherwise I love water and swimming :D
I don't have a lot of fears. The ones I have are kind of dumb so I try to get over the 'average' fears other people have. I think clowns are hilarious and I think spiders are just adorable~! However... there are a few things I'm scared of.

Right now I'm getting over my fear of posting comments on pictures and what not. I try to say that I like a picture more frequently then just fave and run. So this is just a fear I'm getting over is all.

A fear I've just began to develop, or maybe it's just be being incredibly grossed out is that I HATE ears. I hate when people touch my ears and I hate when I touch other people's. I don't know how this came to be. Even while I was watching Godzilla I was disgusted in a scene where the main character's ears were full of dirt. Ugh! XP

The second fear I have are ants. I've been bitten as a child and ever since then I just don't care for them. I'd rather put a tarantula on my face then even look at an ant.

Then the last and final fear, which is what I like to talk about the most, are balloons. I hate the sound it makes when it pops and I have a panic attack when someone brings one near me. This fear stayed with me since my childhood (lol I was that one kid that didn't want a balloon). I was so scared that my brother or sister couldn't even have balloons at THEIR birthday parties. It's a fear I use to be ashamed of, but now a days I don't mind to talk about it :)
I don't have a lot of fears. The ones I have are kind of dumb so I try to get over the 'average' fears other people have. I think clowns are hilarious and I think spiders are just adorable~! However... there are a few things I'm scared of.

Right now I'm getting over my fear of posting comments on pictures and what not. I try to say that I like a picture more frequently then just fave and run. So this is just a fear I'm getting over is all.

A fear I've just began to develop, or maybe it's just be being incredibly grossed out is that I HATE ears. I hate when people touch my ears and I hate when I touch other people's. I don't know how this came to be. Even while I was watching Godzilla I was disgusted in a scene where the main character's ears were full of dirt. Ugh! XP

The second fear I have are ants. I've been bitten as a child and ever since then I just don't care for them. I'd rather put a tarantula on my face then even look at an ant.

Then the last and final fear, which is what I like to talk about the most, are balloons. I hate the sound it makes when it pops and I have a panic attack when someone brings one near me. This fear stayed with me since my childhood (lol I was that one kid that didn't want a balloon). I was so scared that my brother or sister couldn't even have balloons at THEIR birthday parties. It's a fear I use to be ashamed of, but now a days I don't mind to talk about it :)
n2g1du.jpg2qujdd4.jpg2md5qbq.jpg34yd9jd.jpg
I had coulrophobia ever since i went to a circus when I was younger and a clown stared me and smiled creepily (I have problems with strangers staring at me. People I know are fine but I get really uncomfortable under stranger's stares). It got worse when I saw the movie It *shudders*
I also have a fear of butterflies and moths for some reason (I'd like to think it was because of that one Spongebob episode with Wormy but it's completely irrational). When I was younger I would always nearly cry whenever I was near them and having a big garden with lots of flowers to attract them didn't help.
I had coulrophobia ever since i went to a circus when I was younger and a clown stared me and smiled creepily (I have problems with strangers staring at me. People I know are fine but I get really uncomfortable under stranger's stares). It got worse when I saw the movie It *shudders*
I also have a fear of butterflies and moths for some reason (I'd like to think it was because of that one Spongebob episode with Wormy but it's completely irrational). When I was younger I would always nearly cry whenever I was near them and having a big garden with lots of flowers to attract them didn't help.
tumblr_n36jxo2G5i1skwy90o2_r2_500.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9